• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

have u read the dv AP experience posted near the end of the forum
Not our countryyyyyy us embassy experience !!! And on the post if you seeeee they visa was approved at first.....not like zeru case!!!!

Last edited:
Housing in and around Philadelphia:
- The good news is that, as I checked on websites, I can get a 3 bed-room house/apartment for rent at about $1k per month in a fairly decent neighborhood for raising children.
- A major headache for me now is what they call "Credit Score", a very new concept for me. I tried to browse but got confused more even about the meaning.
- My main question is, as a new comer to the US, how can I have the 500 or so credit score required for renting a house?
I would be grateful, if those who already went through this process can advise me how to overcome this tricky requirement.
Thanks!

- The good news is that, as I checked on websites, I can get a 3 bed-room house/apartment for rent at about $1k per month in a fairly decent neighborhood for raising children.
- A major headache for me now is what they call "Credit Score", a very new concept for me. I tried to browse but got confused more even about the meaning.
- My main question is, as a new comer to the US, how can I have the 500 or so credit score required for renting a house?
I would be grateful, if those who already went through this process can advise me how to overcome this tricky requirement.
Thanks!
New concept for me too,
Yesterday @MB1xxx , My relative called from dallas and inform me they secure studio house with 250usd/week, (the payment system per week sounds perfect for me )
what a big relief , i was not comfortable thinking of my family stay with relatives .

New concept for me too,
Yesterday @MB1xxx , My relative called from dallas and inform me they secure studio house with 250usd/week, (the payment system per week sounds perfect for me )
what a big relief , i was not comfortable thinking of my family stay with relatives .
That is really good. My plan is also similar.
Though the rent depends on the situation of the house, the price you quoted seems a little expensive (1000$ per month for a studio?, I was talking about the same price for 3 bed-room). May be good to begin with but you will see in to it after you settle.

Though the rent depends on the situation of the house, the price you quoted seems a little expensive (1000$ per month for a studio?, I was talking about the same price for 3 bed-room). May be good to begin with but you will see in to it after you settle.

Rentals vary hugely according to city and parts of the city.

Yes @MB1xxx , seems a bit expensive , but my relatives told me that the payment term ( weekly bases ) would give us advantages if we want to settle or swich to other place , actually our plan is to stay there max of 4wks.

Rentals vary hugely according to city and parts of the city.

Absolutely Correct!
@SusieQQQ kindly please share your experience on how you managed this problem of "Credit Score" as a new comer. (See below for details)

Thanks!

Absolutely Correct!
@SusieQQQ kindly please share your experience on how you managed this problem of "Credit Score" as a new comer. (See below for details)

We found a couple of rental agents who would accept either proof of US bank account with 3-6 months worth of rental or proof of job and salary instead of credit score. They didn't "advertise" this - we just asked agents - some were insistent on credit scores though. So you just need to ask the agents.
Not sure how someone would do it without either of these, may need to stay with host a while longer?

Hello my fellow friends,
I just got this discussion forum two days ago and am astonished! I really want to thank to those who has created and is actively involving as member.
I am currently reside to USA, Minneapolis/St.Paul, Minnesota.
My wife is one of 2015 DV lottery winner. We did the online form DS 260 on 12 Feb 15. Actually, We were late to fill the form becoz we knew it lately.
Last Friday (15 May 15), I called to KCC and they told me that she(my wife) will get her 2nd LN this month( before the end of May) and will have interview in July.
And my question is:
what are the things she should do before her interview? would you please mention all step by step and addresses where she can get it.
I thank you all.

We found a couple of rental agents who would accept either proof of US bank account with 3-6 months worth of rental or proof of job and salary instead of credit score. They didn't "advertise" this - we just asked agents - some were insistent on credit scores though. So you just need to ask the agents.
Not sure how someone would do it without either of these, may need to stay with host a while longer?
Thank you Susie. Glad to hear about possibilities of negotiations with the agents. The two options you mentioned are within my reach. I can even prepay for some months. Do you think of any disadvantage if I prepay, for example, a six month rent.

Hello my fellow friends,
I just got this discussion forum two days ago and am astonished! I really want to thank to those who has created and is actively involving as member.
My wife is one of 2015 DV lottery winner. We did the online form DS 260 on 12 Feb 15. Actually, We were late to fill the form becoz we knew it lately.
Last Friday (15 May 15), I called to KCC and they told me that she(my wife) will get her 2nd LN this month( before the end of May) and will have interview in July.
And my question is:
what are the things she should do before her interview? would you please mention all step by step and addresses where she can get it.
I thank you all.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Take sometime and go through the pages in this forum. You will get everything you need. Below is the guideline for DV interview at US embassy in Addis:
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ethiopia/956093/PDF Files/DV 2015 Info Handout.pdf

Hello my fellow friends,
And my question is:
I thank you all.
Welcome @great2meetu ,
1,What's is your wife case no?
2,is she lives with you in USA or is she in ethiopia right now?
3, do you have legal documents (marriage certificate , birth certificate etc)
5, what's her education status ?,
6, if she is in ethiopia , r u planning to attend the interview with her ?

@great2meetu , try to post answers for the above questions, supermoderatres on this forum will help you. They are really good people who helped most of us here to success our process on various case issues .

Thank you Susie. Glad to hear about possibilities of negotiations with the agents. The two options you mentioned are within my reach. I can even prepay for some months. Do you think of any disadvantage if I prepay, for example, a six month rent.

We offered the same and the agent said they actually did not want that - I think there is a legal issue about accepting so much - they just wanted to see proof it was there. Good luck!

Bear in mind you will need to pay the security deposit and the first month's rent upfront. From my experience they ask between 1-1.5 months of rent for the security deposit.

We offered the same and the agent said they actually did not want that - I think there is a legal issue about accepting so much - they just wanted to see proof it was there. Good luck!

Bear in mind you will need to pay the security deposit and the first month's rent upfront. From my experience they ask between 1-1.5 months of rent for the security deposit.
Thank you. Very informative.

Welcome @great2meetu ,
1,What's is your wife case no?
2,is she lives with you in USA or is she in ethiopia right now?
3, do you have legal documents (marriage certificate , birth certificate etc)
5, what's her education status ?,
6, if she is in ethiopia , r u planning to attend the interview with her ?

@great2meetu , try to post answers for the above questions, supermoderatres on this forum will help you. They are really good people who helped most of us here to success our process on various case issues .
@Rolex Poxx I thank you very much and all of you guys.
1. Her case no is 2015AF00001xxx
2. She lives in Ethiopia
3. We do have all legal documents
4. She is university graduate and works for some private company in addis
5. I will be interviewed after she comes here( what they said at USCIS office)

2. She lives in Ethiopia
oh one thing, today just about some minute ago I got good news from KCC. They told me that her interview date is in July first week! This is a good news.

2. She lives in Ethiopia

oh one thing, today just about some minute ago I got good news from KCC. They told me that her interview date is in July first week! This is a good news.

Wow! Wait a minute. Your wife is interviewing in July and you're planning of filing AOS after she arrives. Is she leaving for the U.S. immediately upon being approved? Are you aware that as a DV derivative, your case must be approved by Sept. 30th, 2015? Or is the plan for her to sponsor your for your own GC under the F2A family category?