• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Our plan is ( if it goes accordingly) she will come here(USA) as soon as she finishs her interview( like after 2 weeks or three)
And I do know that after Sep the 30th Dv-15 will be expired and that is why we got that plan( even if it is compacted)
@Sm1smom what can you anticipate about her interview? I mean what kid of questions do you expect? (since I am not in Ethiopia)
Thank you

Our plan is ( if it goes accordingly) she will come here(USA) as soon as she finishs her interview( like after 2 weeks or three)
And I do know that after Sep the 30th Dv-15 will be expired and that is why we got that plan( even if it is compacted)
@Sm1smom what can you anticipate about her interview? I mean what kid of questions do you expect? (since I am not in Ethiopia)
Thank you

I'm not in Ethiopia either nor am I from Ethiopia, so I cannot anticipate her interview or tell you what kind of question they might ask her. Past winners have posted their interview experiences on this Thread, so spend some time looking at previous pages to find out about their experiences.

I'm glad you're already aware of the deadline. However, do you already have an idea of the AOS process you're planning to pursue? Do you know what and what you need to do?

Here it is for document authentication procedure in ethiopia ,but @great2meetu what do you say @Sm1smom call about AOS ?
here is it
    • Ethiopian Academic Documents Authentication Procedures

High School Transcript Authentication
      First one needs to authenticate the transcript from grade 9-12 at the school where u attended your high school level and then bring the school authenticated transcript to the regional education bureau for final authentication. (This step is not necessary according to this years interviewed winners. If you can do it but if you can't don't bother.)

High School National Exam Certificates Authentication
      First one needs to authenticate the National Exam Certificates at the Ministry of Education and then take the authenticated Certificate to Mistry of Foreign Affairs for final Authentication

Higher Level Institutes Certificate and Grade Report Authentication
      First one needs to go to the university/college to authenticate the higher level Certificate but for the new curriculum graduates most of the Universities request the receipt of payment for cost sharing in order to authenticate.Once u authenticate the certificate and the grade report as well from your Instititute then go to MoFA for final Authentication.

High School (Preparatory School)
      Place: The Place where u attended your Secondary and/or Preparatory Courses
      Price: 10 birr/Paper
      Requirement: unauthenticated High School Transcript
      Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

Addis Ababa City Education Bureau:
      Price: 25 birr/Paper
      Place: on the road from 6Killo to Ferensai/Bella in front of Oromia Court or u can use the back gate which is in front of 6Killo Egypt Embassy next to International Leadership Institute
      Requirement: 8th Grade Ministry Certificate and School Authenticated High School Transcript
      Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

MoE/NoE (Ministry of Education/National Organization for Examination)
      Place: 5Killo St. Marry Church in front of Abune Paulos Residence next to Menelik II Primary School
      Price: 35 Birr/Paper
      Requirement: unauthenticated High School Certificates [EGSECE(10th),EGSLCE(10th),ESLCE(12th),EHEECE(12th)]
      Time: if u give the Certificate in the Morning,u can take it back either 5:30 Local time in the morning or 10:30 in the afternoon

MoFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Consular & Document Authentication Section)
      Place: Casanchis on the road to Bambis via Ministry of Labor
      Price: 150 Birr/Paper
      Requirement: MoE authenticated Certificates
      Time: better to go in the morning and it took around 30 minutes (works 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Documents Authentication Procedures for Private School Graduates
        1. If u have a diploma or degree form private school
      • Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Federal Higher Education Authentication agency in front of the embassy of united state.
      • Price 200.00 per page
      • Finally MoFA
    1. If u have a diploma from technical school out of Addis Ababa
    • Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Regional Technical and Authentication Agency
    • Finally MoFA
NOTE: - When you authenticate your document in any office don’t forget beside the stamp you need a signecher of the person who authenticate. I see on the MoFA one of our friends (DV winner) ordered to get the signecher form Bihardar while he has the official Stamp. Good Luck!!!
hello my fellow members,
is there is any one who can give me the place where to authenticate the necessary documents?
Thank you

Last edited:
@rolex123 she graduateed from a university and she put that when she filled the DV. Which school level doc does she need to have it?
Both high school and university degree , inform her to prepare :
- high school transcript
-ESLCE certificate
-University degree diploma
-Student copy
-Work experience ,if she is working or used to work after grduation.
** All education document should be authenticted except student copy .
** Work experience authentication not required .
And you need to be in a harry for doc preparation ,in the mean time try hard about AOS as the time is running out it may need min of 90days for such arrangement , but my advice is try considering your presence here to attend the interview with your wife even though it is a bit expensive . Besides please describe your case status in usa so as to get the right info from supermoderators like @Sm1smom.
Regards rolex123

@rolex123 I thank you.
She only got temporary(student copy) from the university. As you know you should pay the cost share to get original doc.
Does she need her original degree? she finished her high school after she went to preparatory. And then she went to University. Thus what kind of school doc she needs in her particular case?
About AOS I am waiting some info from @Sm1smom. And one thing because of my current status, I could not come to Ethiopia.

@Sm1smom what did I do? I asked you to share me some thing about AOS. And I am waiting for that. If I disappointed you, I am really sorry.
Stay bless.

You said you're aware the DV process must be completed by the end of the FY, and the plan is for your wife to arrive in the U.S. following which you will apply for your own GC. Then I asked you, what do you know about the process with regards to applying from the U.S. and you never answered. I mean you must already have some sort of plan before deciding to apply separately, right? So how where you planning on doing that? What do you know??

When I file DS-260 as deviate, I chose to be interviewed at USCIS her in USA. And I contacted the USCIS then they said I should wait until my wife get the visa. This is what i did. As i told you we have a plan to adjust my status once she comes here. let me ask you one question. Is there any means she should during her interview time? one the KCC personnel told me that during my wife's interview time she initiate "file to join".
Thank you.

@rolex123 I thank you.
She only got temporary(student copy) from the university. As you know you should pay the cost share to get original doc.
Does she need her original degree? she finished her high school after she went to preparatory. And then she went to University. Thus what kind of school doc she needs in her particular case?
About AOS I am waiting some info from @Sm1smom. And one thing because of my current status, I could not come to Ethiopia.
Why you couldn't come to eth? With the help of supermoderators telling the truth helped all of us here to get what really want, why you couldn't come here ? And for the cost sharing issue please do pay what's is remaining to get her degree diploma , you can't compromise dv issue with cost sharing and also she might not get a chance to authentic her education doc of she is not cleared cost sharing .
If she doesn't have temporarily degree other document not work for dv process.
On the top of everthing please answer @Sm1smom request on your request .
Regards

When I file DS-260 as deviate, I chose to be interviewed at USCIS her in USA. And I contacted the USCIS then they said I should wait until my wife get the visa. This is what i did. As i told you we have a plan to adjust my status once she comes here. let me ask you one question. Is there any means she should during her interview time? one the KCC personnel told me that during my wife's interview time she initiate "file to join".
Thank you.

Considering the fact that your wife will be interviewing in July, I'm not sure you've been properly advised regarding choosing the FTJ option, I honestly do not think you will have enough time to complete the process AOS process before the end of the FY as it seems you don't even know much about the process itself. Anyway, you can go through the following spreadsheet, it has all the required information regarding the DV based AOS process:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=5

Meanwhile though, a couple of questions to help you determine if you qualify for AOS:
What's is your current status in the U.S.?
How long have you been in the U.S.?
Do you currently earn an income, and how long have you been working if your currently earn an income?

There are several steps involved with the AOS process, and a successful completion means completing certain parts of the process at certain times.

Thank you.
great2meetu, as Sm1smom rightly pointed out, your outlined course of action unfortunately is unlikely to result in a positive outcome (DV-Visa) for you. You might want to look into the matter urgently in some detail and then reconsider. By the way, not that it is important in the total scope of things: "deviate (noun) = a person whose behavior departs from the accepted norm or standard", sorry, the Grammar Police in me...:oops:

Thank you.

Hi @great2meetu, on top of all the advises above, I really would like that you concentrate on how your spouse can successfully pass the interview here in Addis. As I don't know much about AOS, I can't comment on that but "file to join" sounds good.

For now, your spouse needs to hurry up and concentrate with document preparation, evidence about your marriage, etc. and keep in mind that during the interview, the CO would like to hear about you nothing else but only the TROUTH. In my opinion, even if your case does not go through with this DV process (say due time shortage), as long as you are legally married couples, it shouldn't be a big problem to adjust it latter on through time. Avoiding AP is a good strategy at this last DV processing season. Good Luck.

Hi friends,

I am really tired of this SSN waiting...does the congress know how much we are waiting? I am trying to guess the last 4 digits.

Hi friends,

I am really tired of this SSN waiting...does the congress know how much we are waiting? I am trying to guess the last 4 digits.

You're trying to guess the last 4 digits of your SSN? I hope you realize giving out false SSN is considered fraudulent.

@MB1xxx
Thank you and that weight a lot. let me tell what she prepares or going to have/ regarding the document.
1. 10th grade ESGLC
2. preparatory transcript( 10+2)
3. temporary degree( university 4 years graduate)
4. birth certificate
5. marriage certificate
6. work experience letter
7. different photos of ours
8. 1st Dv-15 selection letter
9. appointment letter
10. medical exa
11. police clearance letter
12. Would you please tell me if she needs more?