• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

only one wk infront of my interview day and the good tthing is that I am feelling ready to accept whatever is the result
Of course, there are countless options in life. We should accept what ever the outcome is.

In fact, if you did all the necessary preparations prescribed in this forum, there is no reason to doubt. By the way, the interview is so simple, here are the common dialogues you may have with the CO (unless there is something missing from or doubtful about the documents):
- Greetings
- Swearing to tell the truth
- Your relationship with the host
- Qns about family (are you married, do you have children, do you plan to marry before you travel, ...)
- Who paid your visa fee
* Followed by: Your visa is... approved:)

Last edited:
Hi everyone busy and travelling this week...I got an email from uscis with a subject "draft case expired" it says i didnt submitte the application within one month after the application is created but i already paid the fee and have the receipt and it was already optimized. Is it normal?

Does anyone be abel to check uscis status through a receipt id. I have tried but it doesnt work it says the format is not correct but i entered exactly as it appears on the receipt i print out.

Hi everyone busy and travelling this week...I got an email from uscis with a subject "draft case expired" it says i didnt submitte the application within one month after the application is created but i already paid the fee and have the receipt and it was already optimized. Is it normal?

Does anyone be abel to check uscis status through a receipt id. I have tried but it doesnt work it says the format is not correct but i entered exactly as it appears on the receipt i print out.

When you say check, are you using the case status link? It may not recognise the receipt number until the green card is in production. Does your ELIS still say optimized? Did you maybe not begin one draft, leave it and complete another? In any case, calling or mailing uscis via the contact details on ELIS is probably the only way you will get a real answer.

Susie am trying to check the status using https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do... it says optimized some days after i made the payment. Can't be able to log into the ELIS account after i recieved the email, which is today, b/c the site is down and is under maintenance. I think as u suggested i will have to visit/call the usci office when i come and explain to them my situation.
When you say check, are you using the case status link? It may not recognise the receipt number until the green card is in production. Does your ELIS still say optimized? Did you maybe not begin one draft, leave it and complete another? In any case, calling or mailing uscis via the contact details on ELIS is probably the only way you will get a real answer.

Dear all
after almost 28hrs of flight finally we are landed safely DALLAS yesterday around 3:00pm local time, but encountered 3hrs stay at custom board .
Good to hear your safe arrival. Delay may create inconvenience but the most important is you are already Home#2.

By the way if the delay at custom has to do with some kind of Ethiopian Food you took with you, please give us a tip after you are done with the jet-lag.
Enjoy

Good to hear your safe arrival. Delay may create inconvenience but the most important is you are already Home#2.

By the way if the delay at custom has to do with some kind of Ethiopian Food you took with you, please give us a tip after you are done with the jet-lag.
Enjoy
The delay at custom and board protection is mainly there were too many people head of us, for the food items they just only asked us after coustom clreance if we have food items aftet the saw us carriying more than 11luggages, and then they screen again our bags when i informed them about the food staff we carried (cultural foods, floors etc , )then cleared .
Btw @MB1xxx , we carried 11 luggages with average 24kg/luggage ,and 8 of 11 are food items.
So good news for those who wants to carry cultural foods to usa.
Finally my surprise came the officer realized i came to other state other than the address he found on IM data summary (chealse massachusetts ), and inform me to give him texas address so that to update the delivery address on the system , he was so cooperative he changed the address where i want GC to be delivered right infront of me.
But he told me to expect our GC in SIX months time. SIX months? Is it normal ?

It's normal that they tell you six months, but it's still 1-2 months!

Welcome to the U.S.
a million thanks @SusieQQQ , wel-staty, by the way i just tried to access my USCIS ELIS ACCOUNT whether the update is done or not , but it says

"The USCIS Electronic Immigration System is temporarily off line as we perform maintenance. We regret any inconvenience and encourage customers to try again later today."

is this also normal @SusieQQQ ?
thanks in advance

The delay at custom and board protection is mainly there were too many people head of us, for the food items they just only asked us after coustom clreance if we have food items aftet the saw us carriying more than 11luggages, and then they screen again our bags when i informed them about the food staff we carried (cultural foods, floors etc , )then cleared .
Btw @MB1xxx , we carried 11 luggages with average 24kg/luggage ,and 8 of 11 are food items.
So good news for those who wants to carry cultural foods to usa.
Finally my surprise came the officer realized i came to other state other than the address he found on IM data summary (chealse massachusetts ), and inform me to give him texas address so that to update the delivery address on the system , he was so cooperative he changed the address where i want GC to be delivered right infront of me.
But he told me to expect our GC in SIX months time. SIX months? Is it normal ?
Thank you @rolex123 for the details. Ha ha .. I'm surprised:) by your 8 luggage of food. That should be why the prices of Berebere and Shiro have increased here at the Shola Market :)

I wish someone can tell us the difference in privilege when we use the one year Permanent Residence permit on our passport and this separate Green Card.