• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Thank you @rolex123

I wish someone can tell us the difference in privilege when we use the one year Permanent Residence permit on our passport and this separate Green Card.

There is no difference as regards anything official (like entry at an airport)
Some people in the private sector do not fully understand it though, whereas everyone recognises the plastic green card.
Remember that the important thing is that you are an LPR irrespective of what paper is in your hand - the only difference is how you prove it to someone else.

Thank you @rolex123 for the details. Ha ha .. I'm surprised:) by your 8 luggage of food. That should be why the prices of Berebere and Shiro have increased here at the Shola Market :)

I wish someone can tell us the difference in privilege when we use the one year Permanent Residence permit on our passport and this separate Green Card.
Ha ha...

There is no difference as regards anything official (like entry at an airport)
Some people in the private sector do not fully understand it though, whereas everyone recognises the plastic green card.
Remember that the important thing is that you are an LPR irrespective of what paper is in your hand - the only difference is how you prove it to someone else.
Ok @SusieQQ I understand. Thank you. Yes face values matter sometimes.

Dear all
Right now i just checked my USCIS and ELIS account , and when i click "view my case" found the following
-On case status life cycle :
-Optimized
- On case summary :
-status ...in process
-Status date... may 26,2015
-payment ......Submitted
-On status details : "in process "

i have no idea what's all mean, besides i really like to know how i am able to see the delivery address on the system , hope @ZGREAT got something to say on this.
Thanks in advance

Dear all
after almost 28hrs of flight finally we are landed safely DALLAS yesterday around 3:00pm local time, but encountered 3hrs stay at custom board .
Glad to hear that you and your family arrived to your destination safely!!! Good luck in your life there. and very quick recovery from your long flight!!!

I went SSA near by office, and received a receipt showing that i have applied for social security which says the ss card be issued in two weeks time.( the all process took less than 30mints )

Last edited:
i have won DV 2015 lottery but my education level is 10+4 or Diploma please know i was taken civics.english .maths courses and other supported courses unfortunately the courses are not listed in the original diploma certificate rather the colleges given to me the common course result which proofed taking those major courses ...please i am looking someone to explain and clarify my case which i explained in the above....

dear respected friends and dear all that you are giving explanation and answer DV concerning question and asking ,I am Habtu Tefera from Ethiopia please know i have won DV 2015 lottery but my
education level is 10+4 or Diploma
please know i was taken
civics.english .maths courses and
other supported courses unfortunately
the courses are not listed in the
original diploma certificate rather the
colleges given to me the common
course result which proofed taking
those major courses ...please i am
looking someone to explain and
clarify my case which i explained in
the above....please i need somebodys explanation . with many thanks

Dear @ZGREAT and @MB1xxx , i need your kind say on this,
After logged in of USCIS ELIS account and click on my case profile , i didn't see anything written on
physical address column
And
Mailling addres column

Is the same for you guys ?
thanks in advance

Dear all
Right now i just checked my USCIS and ELIS account , and when i click "view my case" found the following
-On case status life cycle :
-Optimized
- On case summary :
-status ...in process
-Status date... may 26,2015
-payment ......Submitted
-On status details : "in process "

i have no idea what's all mean, besides i really like to know how i am able to see the delivery address on the system , hope @ZGREAT got something to say on this.
Thanks in advance
heloooo rolex

yeah i got something lol

optimized means an officer at the USCIS have take a look at your application for the first time ,
mine was updated two times while it was on "OPTIMIZED" once on Apr 25 ( first update ) and the last update was on MAY 21( exactly one month from entry ) still optimized but when i check it on the visa status check using the recipt number at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do my card is being produced ,
NOTE : the visa status check web will not recognize your recipt number until the card begin being produced

chillax , give it a minimum of one month !

cherrs

dear respected friends and dear all that you are giving explanation and answer DV concerning question and asking ,I am Habtu Tefera from Ethiopia please know i have won DV 2015 lottery but my
please know i was taken
dear@habtu , if you took the courses listed above , you have to go to your college and ask them an updated transcript including the courses , the embassy will cross check the transcript you take with the one at the college , they have trained professional who will do so ,

when is your interview ? your case number ?

dear@habtu , if you took the courses listed above , you have to go to your college and ask them an updated transcript including the courses , the embassy will cross check the transcript you take with the one at the college , they have trained professional who will do so ,

when is your interview ? your case number ?
@habtu This might help :
Proof of graduation from a TVET 10+3 program. New TVET certificates documenting levels of achievement are not accepted because they do not meet the minimum requirement of 12 years of basic education unless you took 3 common courses (Mathematics, Civics and English) on all 3 years of your 10+3 education. Any educational document presented may be subject to independent verification by U.S. Embassy staff."
http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/mobile/dv_requirements.html

please know i was taken

Dear Habtu, welcome to the forum. This forum has a lot of helpful people on DV related matters as long as you provide all your relevant information (You don't need to tell us your personal information like your name which you already did).

Regarding your 10+4 education, the most important is to have those common courses on your transcript. Please follow the advises by @rolex123 and @ZGREAT above.

My experience with the 10+ transcript is that I know a person who (one of the previous years) qualified for DV based on a 10+3 education. They put him on AP and they sent their worker to the school to verify about correctness of the document.
Good Luck

Dear @ZGREAT and @MB1xxx , i need your kind say on this,
After logged in of USCIS ELIS account and click on my case profile , i didn't see anything written on
physical address column
And
Mailling addres column

Is the same for you guys ?
thanks in advance
Hi @rolex123, I just checked our USCIS ELIS account, it only has full name, date of birth and country of birth fields filled and all the rest including physical and mailing addresses have only a dot in the field. Lets assume this is their style and is normal (could be for security reason).

If you doubt about the fast change made on your mailing address by the CO at the PoE, I think you can call USCIS and check.

Dear forum members as i mention earlier i am in AP. In the mean time I have an appointment to take the 2nd vaccination on June 3,2015. But still now they are not clear my case my question is will I take the vaccination or not? what is u guys suggestion?

Dear forum members as i mention earlier i am in AP. In the mean time I have an appointment to take the 2nd vaccination on June 3,2015. But still now they are not clear my case my question is will I take the vaccination or not? what is u guys suggestion?
@zeru as long as ur expecting positive outcome (optimist) on ur AP case why u loose z vaccination ? what matters you... I think nothing .

hi forum mates, as my interview approaches I have prepared all the necessary documents but i have one concern about my 12 grade matriculation result paper because it has a one spelling error in my first name . But all the others documets like my degree certificate, student copy , birth certificate are correct. so will is this be a problem during my interview ?

@sihamey it is my only big concern too... I didn't got experienced one on this issue . my middle name has spelling error & it is imposible to adjust on Legal office. just waiting my interview God will help us!