• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hello my fellow forum dwellers,

I'm wondering if we have seen an increase in the processing times for the DS-260? It's fairly pertinent for my own case as I may have to delay submission of my form for 30/60/90 rule.. are the processing times back to tracking a lot faster now? I know they were pretty slow off the mark earlier on.. what is the feeling around the forum?

Hello my fellow forum dwellers,

I'm wondering if we have seen an increase in the processing times for the DS-260? It's fairly pertinent for my own case as I may have to delay submission of my form for 30/60/90 rule.. are the processing times back to tracking a lot faster now? I know they were pretty slow off the mark earlier on.. what is the feeling around the forum?

Processing times for the DS260 are still slow - but I think they will be getting faster as the backlog clears. The 230 forms were taking 2 to 4 weeks to process and that represents the "real" processing time once you take out the DS260 delta. So - I don't think we will see 2 to 4 week processing times for a while, but would not be surprised to see <2 month times by Jan/Feb. Then May 5 next year will slow things down again....

Lololol. It depends on the size of the staples. If you use the mini ones that can't be taken out easily, there is a real possibility they will just disqualify you....

Maybe just go with the paper clips to avoid the sleepless nights....

Please note there is some silly British humour in this post. It is in no way intended to convey real advice nor upset anyone who may have already used staples for their upcoming interview. If you were upset by this, please contact a shrink, not a lawyer to get the kind of help you need.
Simon I was expecting you would give me major grief for that Q lol. Thank you for being gentle.:D

Hi Guys,

Random question. Im looking at flying into the US via Vancouver, is this goingto be an issue when immigrating? Otherwise via LAX but only a 4 hour stopover and Im thinking this could be cutting it fine?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Random question. Im looking at flying into the US via Vancouver, is this goingto be an issue when immigrating? Otherwise via LAX but only a 4 hour stopover and Im thinking this could be cutting it fine?

Cheers

4 hours is about the minimum time you want to allow for a POE entry/activation - do-able, but tight. NO issue with going through Vancouver but consider weather delays. Personally I would build in a 24/48 hour LA stopover and see La La land.

4 hours is about the minimum time you want to allow for a POE entry/activation - do-able, but tight. NO issue with going through Vancouver but consider weather delays. Personally I would build in a 24/48 hour LA stopover and see La La land.

Thanks Simon. When flying into Vancouver I know theres an option to immigrate to the US there, I just dont know of they do POE entry/activation?

Thanks Simon. When flying into Vancouver I know theres an option to immigrate to the US there, I just dont know of they do POE entry/activation?

I think they do Preclearance in Vancouver airport (similar to what Vladek did in Dubai). However I'm not sure if that is only if you are flying to the US from there. If you were to drive south to cross the border you would use one of the roadside POEs (like Blaine).

Some info here
http://www.cbp.gov/border-security/ports-entry

I think they do Preclearance in Vancouver airport (similar to what Vladek did in Dubai). However I'm not sure if that is only if you are flying to the US from there. If you were to drive south to cross the border you would use one of the roadside POEs (like Blaine).

Some info here
http://www.cbp.gov/border-security/ports-entry

Yeah its a tough one, Id love to do it in Vancouover but cant find out if they do it there and if they dont will they let me fly onward to Chicago. Maybe Ill just go through LAX to be certain and spend a few nights there like you said.

Hi everyone, I have lived in Qld for the last 10 years before that grew up in NSW. My interview is next month. I have everything sorted but the police certificate, what do I need and how long does it take? Thanks

I'd suggest doing a search of the forum and looking at the state.gov site regarding certificates for countries.

Simple answer is that you apply through your state police, but that the check is a national one.

Thanks for the reply, do they then send the certificate direct to the consulate in Sydney?
It is usually sent directly to you. The requirements for each state have been discussed a number of times on this thread so do a keyword search and you should find what you're looking for.