• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Some of us are still waiting to go current. We are not guaranteed an interview at this point.

You are, Blondie. Things could be worse. :)

I dropped off my documents at the consulate today. Got to meet my CO as well who seems like a nice lady. Also got complimented on how organised my documents were and after looking at my uni transcript told me she knew I was either a scientist or engineer from the way I put my docs together :)

I even asked her a couple of questions like whether I should bother bringing my uni degrees in and she said no, she can already see that I've met the requirements for education. At least I know I've passed that part. Looking back I should've thought of more questions to ask. Probably could've got her to say whether I'll be getting the visa or not before paying my fees lol.

I dropped off my documents at the consulate today. Got to meet my CO as well who seems like a nice lady. Also got complimented on how organised my documents were and after looking at my uni transcript told me she knew I was either a scientist or engineer from the way I put my docs together :)

I even asked her a couple of questions like whether I should bother bringing my uni degrees in and she said no, she can already see that I've met the requirements for education. At least I know I've passed that part. Looking back I should've thought of more questions to ask. Probably could've got her to say whether I'll be getting the visa or not before paying my fees lol.
Sounds like you will be fine, regardless. It's interesting that they ask you to drop your documents off before your interview in Auckland as I haven't heard of Sydney doing this but it makes sense and saves them time, I imagine.

Sounds like you will be fine, regardless. It's interesting that they ask you to drop your documents off before your interview in Auckland as I haven't heard of Sydney doing this but it makes sense and saves them time, I imagine.

Yeah the CO said it just speeds everything up on interview day because she does all the data entry beforehand. I called up last week and asked what would happen if I couldn't get my documents in before the interview (because I was still waiting for my police cert) and she said I could just bring everything on the day but it would take longer.

Some of us are still waiting to go current. We are not guaranteed an interview at this point.

You are, Blondie. Things could be worse. :)

I know that.. And I am thankful and aware that we are lucky we have a low CN and are current.. It just helps talking it out in the forum with people in the same situation. :)

I know that.. And I am thankful and aware that we are lucky we have a low CN and are current.. It just helps talking it out in the forum with people in the same situation. :)

Ultimately, it's a small delay. You will get your Green Card, albeit one to two months later than anticipated. In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor delay. A frustrating as f*ck delay, but a minor one all the same.

And you couldn't have done things differently so there is no point in beating yourself up about the DS260. We all figured that July submission wouldn't make a difference.

We submitted ours on the 19th July and now regret the delay. Had to get kids passports renewed so that was the main reason (but should have checked them prior).

At least those that read this forum will know for DV2016 if they are entered.

Was it Ivy by any chance? That's who I spoke to when I dropped off my paperwork, a very nice lady.

Was it Ivy by any chance? That's who I spoke to when I dropped off my paperwork, a very nice lady.

Nope it was B. Although I'm pretty sure that can't be her real name. Must be short for something but that's how she addresses herself.

I've been going through a sample DS-260 (dated Jan14) so I can have a look at the questions to prepare my information. (and before anyone freaks out that I haven't submitted it yet, I have a high number and am waiting to see how the numbers go to see if I have a chance before submitting so as to not affect future entry/applications). I was wondering if anyone can help me with some questions I have (providing that the current DS260 has the same questions).

1. There is a question about whether you hold any nationality other than the one listed. I was wondering whether holding other nationalities affects the application.

2. In regards to employment (current and previous) they ask for supervisors details. Will they contact your supervisor? I obviously wouldn't want work to know I was applying. Also what if you can't remember supervisor details from 10+ years ago?

Thanks

I've been going through a sample DS-260 (dated Jan14) so I can have a look at the questions to prepare my information. (and before anyone freaks out that I haven't submitted it yet, I have a high number and am waiting to see how the numbers go to see if I have a chance before submitting so as to not affect future entry/applications). I was wondering if anyone can help me with some questions I have (providing that the current DS260 has the same questions).

1. There is a question about whether you hold any nationality other than the one listed. I was wondering whether holding other nationalities affects the application.

2. In regards to employment (current and previous) they ask for supervisors details. Will they contact your supervisor? I obviously wouldn't want work to know I was applying. Also what if you can't remember supervisor details from 10+ years ago?

Thanks

1. Not an impact apart from increasing the scope of the background checks.

2. They don't call. Just enter information as best as you can. Missing a supervisors name will not disqualify you.

We submitted ours on the 19th July and now regret the delay. Had to get kids passports renewed so that was the main reason (but should have checked them prior).

At least those that read this forum will know for DV2016 if they are entered.

We wish we had submitted earlier as well- we could have done it directly after we got married mid June but we thought date of submission wouldnt impact that much(unless it was super late). Oh well! People will know for next year now :)

Ultimately, it's a small delay. You will get your Green Card, albeit one to two months later than anticipated. In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor delay. A frustrating as f*ck delay, but a minor one all the same.

And you couldn't have done things differently so there is no point in beating yourself up about the DS260. We all figured that July submission wouldn't make a difference.

All true. :) But doesn't stop those occasional days where you just get really frustrated with not knowing :p
But hey, it will happen, and I am making the most of enjoying the remaining time living in Melbourne, it will all work out in the end! I do still pinch myself now and then wondering how this is real. Never thought we would actually get selected!!! :) :) Moving to the U.S. had just been a dream for so long for us, but it's about to become reality!

Are you ready AimLK?:eek::D
Yes :p as ready as we will ever be. Just printing some final 'evidence' now...probably going waaay over the top. I keep wondering if I am missing something basic though - thank goodness I have your super dupa checklist :D Going back over the DS260 its not as complicated as we were making out in our heads (also thanks to Simon and his kind advice).

1. Not an impact apart from increasing the scope of the background checks.

2. They don't call. Just enter information as best as you can. Missing a supervisors name will not disqualify you.

Thanks Britsimon. Just another question out of curiosity, since you mentioned background checks. What background checks do they do anyway? Considering you have to provide them with your police checks, I wouldn't think there would be anything else. I can understand if you were from a "high risk" country or on some USA national or international alert list they might look at you closely, but if you're just an average aussie with no criminal history and no links to high risk countries I wouldn't think there would be too much to check.