• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

All the info you need is here, under police records and also under additional embassy info when you select sydney - a pdf opens with info on police check.

Also just touching on this subject, I was advsied when having my interview at the consulate in Sydney that the National Federal Police check covers all states. Now I know people like to cover all bases but its just an FYI in case you cant obtain other police checks from other states. Also only name required no fingerprints.

Also just touching on this subject, I was advsied when having my interview at the consulate in Sydney that the National Federal Police check covers all states. Now I know people like to cover all bases but its just an FYI in case you cant obtain other police checks from other states. Also only name required no fingerprints.

The police check you receive from the state you currently live in DOES cover all of australia so you don't need to request one individually from other states or get a federal one. :)

The delay last month for releasing the 2NL after the VB was exceptional. My guess is that they were trying to cram in some extra late completing DS260s. They may do the same this month, but I don't think so - so I'll stick my neck out and predict we will see 2NLs by end of day Wednesday....

No 2NLs yet ! :p guess it may be another late month!

I've been checking regularly too. Might give them a call tomorrow morning like I did last month. Re the Police checks, I remember reading that you need to do a State one which involves getting your identity docs signed and the form signed by a Police Member. The National check is online without doing what I just mentioned (I can't remember what was required). We have our Police Checks back, just the Medical to do once we get our interview date.

I've been checking regularly too. Might give them a call tomorrow morning like I did last month. Re the Police checks, I remember reading that you need to do a State one which involves getting your identity docs signed and the form signed by a Police Member. The National check is online without doing what I just mentioned (I can't remember what was required). We have our Police Checks back, just the Medical to do once we get our interview date.

Yes you have to apply for a police check from the State you currently live in - for Victoria it was as simple as going to their website, downloading the PDF form, filling it in, printing it and then getting it signed by an authorised person - I used a pharmacist, but you can also get it signed at a police station, and then sending it in :) Mine came back pretty quickly! It is a national check this way. I think ozimatt was referring to the AFP federal check.

Let us know how you go calling them tomorrow!

Great news Kiwi, not long now!!

I phoned KCC this morning and painfully waited for the long recording to finish only to miss out one zero in my case number so she couldn't check for an interview date. For some reason, I had the number that we use to check the status and thought the case number only had 5 zeros but only worked out my mistake after I hung up! Annoyed at myself and none the wiser. Will have to wait for the 2NL cause I'm not phoning back.

I phoned KCC this morning and painfully waited for the long recording to finish only to miss out one zero in my case number so she couldn't check for an interview date. For some reason, I had the number that we use to check the status and thought the case number only had 5 zeros but only worked out my mistake after I hung up! Annoyed at myself and none the wiser. Will have to wait for the 2NL cause I'm not phoning back.

LOL - ironically, if you press ZERO when you start to hear the recording you get straight through to one of the lovely ladies.

With-ZERO-capital-how-can-a-newbie-get-into-property[1].jpg

I just called them and they said ours has finished processing and the next step is to be scheduled an interview but we won't find out till 15-30 december! :( Which I suppose means we miss out on January interviews. Gahhhhhh. This is so frustrating :( I wish we could have anticipated that there would longer processing times this year and we would have submitted our form earlier!!! ... maybe we will be lucky and we will still end up getting our 2NL for January... but I"m not holding my breath now.

Trying to stay positive about the delay..even though we wanted to get over to LA as soon as possible in the new year, perhaps we will use the delay to stay and save a bit more $$ and use it to fulfil some of our travel dreams through South America once we've moved and before we settle down and ship our dog over to LA... anyone here been to Peru/Bolivia or Ecuador? :)

I just called them and they said ours has finished processing and the next step is to be scheduled an interview but we won't find out till 15-30 december! :( Which I suppose means we miss out on January interviews. Gahhhhhh. This is so frustrating :( I wish we could have anticipated that there would longer processing times this year and we would have submitted our form earlier!!! ... maybe we will be lucky and we will still end up getting our 2NL for January... but I"m not holding my breath now.

What date in July did you submit the DS260?

Trying to stay positive about the delay..even though we wanted to get over to LA as soon as possible in the new year, perhaps we will use the delay to stay and save a bit more $$ and use it to fulfil some of our travel dreams through South America once we've moved and before we settle down and ship our dog over to LA... anyone here been to Peru/Bolivia or Ecuador? :)
This was EXACTLY how I felt when I realised I had missed out, I feel your pain! Just remember that you have gone current and are 100% guaranteed an interview (unlike some). So just hang in there blondie!

It also sounds like they're not really catching up at all with processing the DS260s. I wonder if they've also had staff cuts or something as surely the fact that the DS260 is electronic as opposed to hard copy shouldn't cause a large increase in how long it takes to process each form. I thought the whole point was to streamline the process.

This was EXACTLY how I felt when I realised I had missed out, I feel your pain! Just remember that you have gone current and are 100% guaranteed an interview (unlike some). So just hang in there blondie!

It also sounds like they're not really catching up at all with processing the DS260s. I wonder if they've also had staff cuts or something as surely the fact that the DS260 is electronic as opposed to hard copy shouldn't cause a large increase in how long it takes to process each form. I thought the whole point was to streamline the process.

Our form had finished processing at least by 10 October (according to an email I got from them) so I don't understand why we miss out on Jan interviews. No logic! I can't believe how much of a delay there is this year - isn't technology meant to make things easier ? :p

Our form had finished processing at least by 10 October (according to an email I got from them) so I don't understand why we miss out on Jan interviews. No logic! I can't believe how much of a delay there is this year - isn't technology meant to make things easier ? :p

You'd think they'd put the system through some kind of trial before implementation