• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Yay team! I tell you I'm trying so hard to be patient here but I feel like someone keeps moving the finishing line. I should be grateful my number's almost current but OMG!

Question for the group (and one that I haven't read here before!) We were part of the DV2014 fiasco, with a ridiculously high number - and then got chosen again this year with a border line number (OC16XX), which is excruciating!

Because I knew that it would be at least June/July until our number maybe got called, I only recently submitted the DS-260

However, after submitting, my application for Irish citizenship finally came through (after waiting about a year!). I seem to remember a question on the form about holding other citizenships other than your birth country (which is Australia). Does anyone know how I update this? And if it would put my form back to the bottom of the queue?

Question for the group (and one that I haven't read here before!) We were part of the DV2014 fiasco, with a ridiculously high number - and then got chosen again this year with a border line number (OC16XX), which is excruciating!

Because I knew that it would be at least June/July until our number maybe got called, I only recently submitted the DS-260

However, after submitting, my application for Irish citizenship finally came through (after waiting about a year!). I seem to remember a question on the form about holding other citizenships other than your birth country (which is Australia). Does anyone know how I update this? And if it would put my form back to the bottom of the queue?

You can unlock and resubmit your form. Given something as important as citizenship, yes it might cause some re-processing, but given your case number that does not mean it will delay your case at all, since as you rightly say, you will have to wait until next summer in any case. Once your case it re-processed your case will be called or not solely by case number.

By the way, "fiasco" seems to be the new standard operating procedure as far as DV is concerned. DV2015 is again hugely oversubscribed - but your number is at least in a more realistic range.

Thanks for your thoughts on that OC_EMS.. Here is the response I get from email sent to sydneyIV@state.gov

AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED MESSAGE

DO NOT REPLY

This email address closed on November 1, 2014. The new email address
for inquiries regarding visas to the United States is
support-australia@ustraveldocs.com
<mailto:support-australia@ustraveldocs.com> . Please re-send your
message to that address.

They must have system or process changes going on at the moment. When you do send an email to support-australia@ustraveldoc.com they automated email returns and provides a case number as well as a website and login for tracking your case.

Interesting = )

nzangeleyes, have been wondering how you got on with contacting the consulate?
Have they responded yet, did you manage to get your interview changed?

Oh my golly gosh, this time next week Ill be in Sydney on the eve of my interview. Its been a very very looooooooooooooong wait.
Not long now AimLK:D

OOOOOH yes my stomach does a flip every time I think about it (which is about 100 times a day- dramatic I know!!) stupid work experience criteria (which I know is fine for us but still). I noticed you have been applying since 1999 (I thought we were keen!!) so glad for you that you were finally selected with a good number. Where in the US are you headed??

Any news @SuicideBlonde???

OOOOOH yes my stomach does a flip every time I think about it (which is about 100 times a day- dramatic I know!!) stupid work experience criteria (which I know is fine for us but still). I noticed you have been applying since 1999 (I thought we were keen!!) so glad for you that you were finally selected with a good number. Where in the US are you headed??

Not yet .. I'm guessing 2NLs will come out around 24th like last month...I'm being surprisingly patient unlike last month and not thinking about it every hour :p

I'm excited for you and OC_EMS - so soon!!!!

Not yet .. I'm guessing 2NLs will come out around 24th like last month...I'm being surprisingly patient unlike last month and not thinking about it every hour :p

I'm excited for you and OC_EMS - so soon!!!!
24th?!? I have been counting down the days till the 15th! Oh well just a short time to wait...

The delay last month for releasing the 2NL after the VB was exceptional. My guess is that they were trying to cram in some extra late completing DS260s. They may do the same this month, but I don't think so - so I'll stick my neck out and predict we will see 2NLs by end of day Wednesday....

The delay last month for releasing the 2NL after the VB was exceptional. My guess is that they were trying to cram in some extra late completing DS260s. They may do the same this month, but I don't think so - so I'll stick my neck out and predict we will see 2NLs by end of day Wednesday....

I'm not getting my hopes up about getting our 2NL this month but I hope you're right!! :)

nzangeleyes, have been wondering how you got on with contacting the consulate?
Have they responded yet, did you manage to get your interview changed?
Hey OC_EMS.. Thanks for asking..

Unfortunately I have not heard anything further from the consulate despite emailing numerous times.

Here is what happened.

1) 25th of October I emailed them requesting a reschedule if possible.
2) 27th of October the consulate responded by saying that a confirmation email would be send regarding the reschedule
3) 7th of November I emailed to follow up on their confirmation
4) 12th of November they responded by saying that KCC have sent the confirmation and to check the ESC website for my interview date which they also quoted as being the same as the original date.

Since then I have sent numerous emails trying to clarify that I was requesting a reschedule not simply attempting to know my interview date.

Anyway, that's okay.. I guess they are busy, don't read emails too well, and really there is no incentive for them to make a special provision. (They are a government department after all).

Now heres a possible 'over thinking' question.
Please dont slam me too hard if it is but.............................. does anyone know if presenting documents at the time of interview with STAPLES is a no no?
I have had a situation where only paper clips were acceptable, just wondering if this is one of them.
Cheers all.
Picked up my medical today. Seems Im healthy enough. :D

Thanks AimLK, Im not too sure where I will end up. I have a few options so will mull a few things over and see what works.
I think I will head to Utah for the winter and just ski. I have a good friend there so that is highly likely for starters. Im a free agent so the sky is the limit. Just gotta get that little card in my hands 1st.:D

Please dont slam me too hard if it is but.............................. does anyone know if presenting documents at the time of interview with STAPLES is a no no?
I have had a situation where only paper clips were acceptable, just wondering if this is one of them.
Cheers all.

Lololol. It depends on the size of the staples. If you use the mini ones that can't be taken out easily, there is a real possibility they will just disqualify you....

Maybe just go with the paper clips to avoid the sleepless nights....

Please note there is some silly British humour in this post. It is in no way intended to convey real advice nor upset anyone who may have already used staples for their upcoming interview. If you were upset by this, please contact a shrink, not a lawyer to get the kind of help you need.

Cheers all.

I'd go the paperclips lol