• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Spreadsheet updated.

I'm in a course for three weeks so I won't be able to update things as much.

In regards to the advice written from my interview on the dropbox spreadheet, instead of 'bring cash or credit card' bring cash just in case as the card machine in Sydney shut down and apparently its quite common in Sydney.

Hi All,

I wanted to start a thread for fellow DV 2015 Oceania winners to share thoughts, stories and progress.

I am a little nervous as my case number is high (17XX) but have my fingers crossed.

Now it's just a waiting game!

Hi All,

This is Pranish from Fiji - Case number OC17XX. Actually my wife is a lucky winner here and my son and I are with her as spouse and child in the DS-260 for (filled and submitted). I'm stressing out here and need some hope if someone got some good news or similar case number.

I see case numbers for OC in the monthly bulletins increase by 50 there for in Jan 2015 it states 700 while ours is in the OC17xx's so by the time it gets to around OC16xx's it will already be Oct and no more visa's are issued? whats going to happen to our case?

I see no one has posted in a long time, hoping someone sees this and sheds some light of hope on our case number. Really looking forward to US for a bright future for my son.

Stay blessed all!

Hi All,

This is Pranish from Fiji - Case number OC17XX. Actually my wife is a lucky winner here and my son and I are with her as spouse and child in the DS-260 for (filled and submitted). I'm stressing out here and need some hope if someone got some good news or similar case number.

I see case numbers for OC in the monthly bulletins increase by 50 there for in Jan 2015 it states 700 while ours is in the OC17xx's so by the time it gets to around OC16xx's it will already be Oct and no more visa's are issued? whats going to happen to our case?

I see no one has posted in a long time, hoping someone sees this and sheds some light of hope on our case number. Really looking forward to US for a bright future for my son.

Stay blessed all!

Hi Pranish,

The pace of the VB will go up and down over the next few months. I personally think the increase of only 50 was partly due to the backlog created by the DS260 fiasco (and Sydney being the main embassy for OC). However, the 650 was already higher than expected so it could just be a natural up and down of the VB.

However, more significant than the pace is the prediction for the final cutoff. OC region got cutoff in DV2014 even though there were case numbers of over 3k. Many OC applicants were left behind at the end of the year - since after September 30, there is no way to get the visa from the DV win. So - it is likely (pretty much certain) that there will be a cutoff again this year. None of us know exactly where that cutoff will fall, and OC will get a small additional number of visas this year BUT your number is certainly in a risky range. All you can do is keep an eye on the VBs and hope to see your number exceeded by mid July. If the published number in the August VB (published mid July) is lower than your number, then I am sorry to say that will be the end of the road for your DV2015 story.

Good luck to you. I hope you see the numbers you want to see....

Hi Pranish,

The pace of the VB will go up and down over the next few months. I personally think the increase of only 50 was partly due to the backlog created by the DS260 fiasco (and Sydney being the main embassy for OC). However, the 650 was already higher than expected so it could just be a natural up and down of the VB.

However, more significant than the pace is the prediction for the final cutoff. OC region got cutoff in DV2014 even though there were case numbers of over 3k. Many OC applicants were left behind at the end of the year - since after September 30, there is no way to get the visa from the DV win. So - it is likely (pretty much certain) that there will be a cutoff again this year. None of us know exactly where that cutoff will fall, and OC will get a small additional number of visas this year BUT your number is certainly in a risky range. All you can do is keep an eye on the VBs and hope to see your number exceeded by mid July. If the published number in the August VB (published mid July) is lower than your number, then I am sorry to say that will be the end of the road for your DV2015 story.

Good luck to you. I hope you see the numbers you want to see....

Thanks for your response... this is got me more stressed and made a crack in my heart...

Thanks for your response... this is got me more stressed and made a crack in my heart...
Bula Pranish and welcome to the forum!

Try not to let the process stress you out. This happened to me last year and I missed out on the DV2014 despite being selected because I had a really high case number. Luckily I had re-entered and got a much better case number for DV2015, so if you are unsuccessful in progressing this year, keep re-entering and don't give up. As Britsimon has said before, Oceania entrants have a much higher chance of being selected and reselected than the other areas. It's a hard time but try not to keep your life on hold for it or bank on getting the green card in any way. How I look at it is that essentially you are just in another lottery and your chances have gone up, there are no guaranteed wins. Good luck.

Sorry Pranish - that is not my intention - but many DV2014 waited a long time to get disappointed about the regions not going current - which had become the expected norm for a few years. At least you can have better information to make realistic choices.

Bula Pranish and welcome to the forum!

Try not to let the process stress you out. This happened to me last year and I missed out on the DV2014 despite being selected because I had a really high case number. Luckily I had re-entered and got a much better case number for DV2015, so if you are unsuccessful in progressing this year, keep re-entering and don't give up. As Britsimon has said before, Oceania entrants have a much higher chance of being selected and reselected than the other areas. It's a hard time but try not to keep your life on hold for it or bank on getting the green card in any way. How I look at it is that essentially you are just in another lottery and your chances have gone up, there are no guaranteed wins. Good luck.

Bula Essey,

Thanks for your post based on my comment - I've been trying for DV for years and finally my wife got selected for DV2015... Now this Case number crap. Just when the spot of light started to come visible to a whole lot of opportunities I stumble on this high case number!.... Oh well... I pray that in the coming months ahead.. Case number do increase and eventually It stumbles on our case number (17xx).. Thanks again!

Hi All,

An update to my posts earlier.... A slight change in my Case number... I just checked the site where you submit your DS260 and noticed that our case number is 2015OC000011xx .... Now where are my possibilities of an interview according to your prediction or understanding?

Hi All,

An update to my posts earlier.... A slight change in my Case number... I just checked the site where you submit your DS260 and noticed that our case number is 2015OC000011xx .... Now where are my possibilities of an interview according to your prediction or understanding?
Wow that's a significant change, are you sure? What number does it say on your selection letter?

Hi All,

So by the same logic I explained earlier - your new number is now pretty much 100% safe!

I got this number: 2015OC000011xx from the confirmation page I saved after submitting the Ds260 which is also on the selection letter ("You have been randomly selected for further processing...) - The Bar code number. This number is also clearly stated when I checked our entry on ceac.state.gov/ceac/ website...

Whats your prediction/understanding on this now?...pphhheeewwww my bloody work ID card number is 001775..... lol

Hi all,

I am desperately trying to contact the Sydney consulate in an attempt to reschedule my interview date which is set for the 9th of December. My first email requesting the change received this response on the 27th of October:

A confirmation email will be sent to your shortly regarding your visa
interview. At that time you can advise that you wish to postpone the
appointment. Please also be aware, generally we cannot schedule interview
appointments more than 4 weeks in advance of an interview date.

Since then I have sent numerous emails trying to find out the status of the reschedule but have heard nothing back. I know that their contact email recently changed from SydneyIV@state.gov to support-australia@ustraveldocs.com

Does any one have any experience or useful information when it comes to contacting the Sydney consulate?