December 2011 Filers

Interview today

Hey guys, my husband's interview is today. I must confess that I am a little anxious. Our appointment is at 2:30pm today. I'll post details of the interview when I get home. Wish us Luck!:)

Hey guys, my husband's interview is today. I must confess that I am a little anxious. Our appointment is at 2:30pm today. I'll post details of the interview when I get home. Wish us Luck!:)

mbetona, you will go green today. Have faith, everything will be fine. I wish you the best.

I applied for my ssn today. Was verified at the spot, and was told to stop by after 24hrs to know the number but the real card will come via mail.

Easy Interview

Hi all,

My husband's interview was today and it was very easy.

The office was full, and our appointment was at 2:30pm but we didn't get called in until 3:20pm.

I was called first being the petitioner. The IO was a very nice middle age woman. She smiled a lot and started talking about the weather. After she sworn me in she asked me for an ID, and asked what other proof I had to add to the application to show a real relationship. So I told her, health insurance, more utility bills (gas, electric, cell phone, phone, internet and cable), auto insurance and credit cards. Once I pulled out the binder (I put together a binder with color named tabs for each document, copies and original which was very tick), she said, you put that together? I answered yes, I did. She said, I am impressed. I don't really have any more questions for you, since I know everything I'll ask you will have proof. She then proceed to tell me (even wrote on a piece of paper) that I should apply for the I751 in 21-22 months from now for husband and that I should continue to add more bills with both our names to my binder and everything would go as smooth as my interview with her. She then stamped his paperwork saying approved.

I asked her if she needed his I-94 and passport, she said yes but then said: well why don't seat there while I go get your husband? It seems that since you put this binder together he will get lost trying to find documents there, so I prefer you to stay with him while I interview him. I agreed of course. But everyone in the waiting room today was being interviewed separately and then together...

After she went over the I-485 questions (yes/no) she asked for his I-94 and EAD and said congratulated him on his green card. She then started talking to me about allergies, and netty pot and that's shes from San Diego... etc. She said he would be receiving his green in 7-10 days in the mail.

The whole interview didn't take 30 minutes. The waiting time was long but totally worth it!

AT 5:15PM I received both a text msg and an email confirming that the Card was in production.

My husband and I went to to celebrate in a nice restaurant which coincidentally had a russian "couple" that was sitting behind us in the waiting room. apparently their wedding was fake, because the wife was kissing someone else and the husband his girlfriend and their were celebrating their green card approval but after recognizing us they stopped talking about it and left the restaurant as quickly as they could....

Congrats mbetona

Hi all,

The whole interview didn't take 30 minutes. The waiting time was long but totally worth it!

AT 5:15PM I received both a text msg and an email confirming that the Card was in production.

Congrats, mbetona!! :eek:)

About the Russian couple: I am shocked! I guess there are some people who manage to get away with this kinda stuff. And because of them, those of us with genuine cases have to go through more hassle than we normally should. It's terrible!

Hi all,

The office was full, and our appointment was at 2:30pm but we didn't get called in until 3:20pm.

I was called first being the petitioner. The IO was a very nice middle age woman. She smiled a lot and started talking about the weather. After she sworn me in she asked me for an ID, and asked what other proof I had to add to the application to show a real relationship. So I told her, health insurance, more utility bills (gas, electric, cell phone, phone, internet and cable), auto insurance and credit cards. Once I pulled out the binder (I put together a binder with color named tabs for each document, copies and original which was very tick), she said, you put that together? I answered yes, I did. She said, I am impressed. I don't really have any more questions for you, since I know everything I'll ask you will have proof. She then proceed to tell me (even wrote on a piece of paper) that I should apply for the I751 in 21-22 months from now for husband and that I should continue to add more bills with both our names to my binder and everything would go as smooth as my interview with her. She then stamped his paperwork saying approved.

I asked her if she needed his I-94 and passport, she said yes but then said: well why don't seat there while I go get your husband? It seems that since you put this binder together he will get lost trying to find documents there, so I prefer you to stay with him while I interview him. I agreed of course. But everyone in the waiting room today was being interviewed separately and then together...

After she went over the I-485 questions (yes/no) she asked for his I-94 and EAD and said congratulated him on his green card. She then started talking to me about allergies, and netty pot and that's shes from San Diego... etc. She said he would be receiving his green in 7-10 days in the mail.

My husband and I went to to celebrate in a nice restaurant which coincidentally had a russian "couple" that was sitting behind us in the waiting room. apparently their wedding was fake, because the wife was kissing someone else and the husband his girlfriend and their were celebrating their green card approval but after recognizing us they stopped talking about it and left the restaurant as quickly as they could....

Congrats mbetona Did you go with a lawyer?

Big day for me tomorrow. I have everything ready. 4 folders and 2 photo albums :D should be enough. Excited and nervous at the same time. Fingers crossed.

Hi Cliff, no I did everything myself (did not hire a lawyer).

We did everything by ourselves too but relatives insist that we should go with a lawyer. Now, i have to look for a lawyer, probably teach/show him the copies of the application and our documents. Am kinda lazy to look for one, i dont think we need one.

@Skoja. i wish you the best tomorrow.

We did everything by ourselves too but relatives insist that we should go with a lawyer. Now, i have to look for a lawyer, probably teach/show him the copies of the application and our documents. Am kinda lazy to look for one, i dont think we need one.

@Skoja. i wish you the best tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

#Cliff2
When I asked my lawyer to tell me honestly do I need him he said no. If you have never committed any crimes or claimed US citizenship, used someone else's SSN and things like that I don't think you need one. I decided to go by myself eve I went out of status few weeks before I was going to apply.

Thanks guys.

#Cliff2
When I asked my lawyer to tell me honestly do I need him he said no. If you have never committed any crimes or claimed US citizenship, used someone else's SSN and things like that I don't think you need one. I decided to go by myself eve I went out of status few weeks before I was going to apply.

@skoja thanks!!!

Have never committed a crime or used someone ssn, not even a parking ticket. My status is still current. we have already decided not to hire a lawyer. We went thus far without one, no point having one now.

I just came back from my interview. here is my experience.

My interview was scheduled for 10:30. We showed up there around 10:00. Officer came and called our names around 11:00

After we came in she swore us in and took our passports and ID's. She took my I94 out of the passport and asked me Yes/No questions. She than asked do I work I said that I was rehire on March 1st. And than my biggest fear RFE. Stupid doctor messed up one page on my form. But she was very nice and she said if I bring it either today or tomorrow my case will not be postponed. So I went to see the doctor, I yelled, I cursed they were gonna call the police on us :) but than they did it in 2 minutes for me. I went back to USCIS office to take the sealed envelope again and clerk said I can't come in but I can leave the envelope to her. I insisted that she calls officer which she did and officer said it's fine she doesn't need to see us anymore just to leave the envelope.

My whole interview lasted maybe 7 minutes. Maybe because I send all the evidence with application. But I don't know what to think. I'm positive, she took my I-94, she said the case is fine but I need that official. :) Fingers crossed now. I hope i'll get the SMS today or tomorrow.

I just came back from my interview. here is my experience.

My interview was scheduled for 10:30. We showed up there around 10:00. Officer came and called our names around 11:00

After we came in she swore us in and took our passports and ID's. She took my I94 out of the passport and asked me Yes/No questions. She than asked do I work I said that I was rehire on March 1st. And than my biggest fear RFE. Stupid doctor messed up one page on my form. But she was very nice and she said if I bring it either today or tomorrow my case will not be postponed. So I went to see the doctor, I yelled, I cursed they were gonna call the police on us :) but than they did it in 2 minutes for me. I went back to USCIS office to take the sealed envelope again and clerk said I can't come in but I can leave the envelope to her. I insisted that she calls officer which she did and officer said it's fine she doesn't need to see us anymore just to leave the envelope.

My whole interview lasted maybe 7 minutes. Maybe because I send all the evidence with application. But I don't know what to think. I'm positive, she took my I-94, she said the case is fine but I need that official. :) Fingers crossed now. I hope i'll get the SMS today or tomorrow.

Congrats!!! you will be fine. I believe you will get the text/email soon. Did she take your EAD card?

No She never asked for it.

Thanks. I really hope so. Right now the state of my mind is unbelievable. I think my head is going to explode.

I wish you "GREEN' by tomorrow :D

Did she ask anything from yr wife? Were there any red flags?
Which state/Do you are in, if thats not a secret :cool:

No She never asked for it.

Thanks. I really hope so. Right now the state of my mind is unbelievable. I think my head is going to explode.