December 2011 Filers

Missing one Notice of Action, what should I do?

Hi everybody,

I am not really a December filer but more a January 2012 filer.
I sent my AOS package on Jan. 24, 2012 (I-130, I-485 and I-765) and received 2 NOA in the mail, one for I-485 and one for I-765. We never received the NOA for the I-130 in the mail but did receive it by e-mail with the receipt number in it. I then received my FP letter for both cases and I had it done on Feb. 21, 2012. Since I had the FP letter, I guess my case is in process, right? Should I worry about the NOA for the I-130? Who should we contact to let them know that we never received it?

Thanks a lot.

Hi everybody,

I am not really a December filer but more a January 2012 filer.
I sent my AOS package on Jan. 24, 2012 (I-130, I-485 and I-765) and received 2 NOA in the mail, one for I-485 and one for I-765. We never received the NOA for the I-130 in the mail but did receive it by e-mail with the receipt number in it. I then received my FP letter for both cases and I had it done on Feb. 21, 2012. Since I had the FP letter, I guess my case is in process, right? Should I worry about the NOA for the I-130? Who should we contact to let them know that we never received it?

Thanks a lot.

Call the customer service 800 number and let them know the situation.

Call the customer service 800 number and let them know the situation.

I agree, you can call the customer service for another copy. I guess the mail man misplace it. you can ask your neighbors maybe it was wrongly placed in their box.

Congrats Cliff2 & skoja

I'm checking in after a looooong time.

Congrats Cliff2 and skoja for your approval! :eek:)

No word on my interview yet! It's taking a bit long, but I have been told by some that this could be because neither I nor my wife have been living in the US (or, in case of my wife, filing taxes in the US for the last 2 years) and our household members (her parents - US based) are the financial sponsors. Don't know if that's true or not but I think I'll give it a few more days before I start panicking. :-D

Anyways, congrats fellas, on going green! :)

Gc in hands

My Green card was in mailbox today. I bought my tickets already. Flying our for Europe on 1st. Good luck to you all. I wish you all the best with your process. I'll be around probably.

My Green card was in mailbox today. I bought my tickets already. Flying our for Europe on 1st. Good luck to you all. I wish you all the best with your process. I'll be around probably.

That was fast, hope i will receive mine soon in the mail. Already traveling? we want to travel too but waiting on our next work schedule before deciding.

Who else is going for interview this week and upcoming week?

Who else is going for interview this week and upcoming week?

Head our interview (For Parents) this afternoon. Approved.

Oddity: Received emails for card production, and then another that reversed the online status from "Card/Document Production" to "Decision". Not sure if anybody has any experience like that. Will wait 30 days if the card(s) and/or any updates are not received, and then follow up with a call or InfoPass to see whats happening.

Good luck to all the Dec 2011 filers!

Px2rts

Head our interview (For Parents) this afternoon. Approved.

Oddity: Received emails for card production, and then another that reversed the online status from "Card/Document Production" to "Decision". Not sure if anybody has any experience like that. Will wait 30 days if the card(s) and/or any updates are not received, and then follow up with a call or InfoPass to see whats happening.

Good luck to all the Dec 2011 filers!

No worries. Within 5 days you'll receive card production again, than you'll receive that your card was shipped, than that USPS has picked up your card and at the end that your card was delivered. Everything is fine and you should receive your card within week or two.

No worries. Within 5 days you'll receive card production again, than you'll receive that your card was shipped, than that USPS has picked up your card and at the end that your card was delivered. Everything is fine and you should receive your card within week or two.

@skoja: Thanks for the clarification.

my interview is tomorrow @ 7:30 am!!!! so excited!! congrats on everyone who's been approved already! :)

Il

Got email yesterday that IL has been mailed and scheduled for 19th April 2012.

(UPDATE)...
And got it in the mail today (21st March).

Last edited by a moderator:
People wish to get this kind of slot i.e early in the morning.
You are lucky in that sense. You have won half battle. Atleast IO won't fire his frustration at you that he might got from from applicant before you ;)

All the Best !!! ;);) Go and come back Green !

my interview is tomorrow @ 7:30 am!!!! so excited!! congrats on everyone who's been approved already! :)

GC Received!!!!

Good luck!

Received Green card yesterday. Thanks to all and best luck.

@shyguy1 Wish you the best at your interview today, am sure you will bring back the good news today. Go Green!!!

@HH401, congrats on your interview appointment.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes & support. This whole immigration experience has been a long one but definitively worth it. My interview was for 7:30am and we got there 7:15....there was the room full of people and 2 couples additional to that signed up ahead of us, still...after just sitting 2 minutes my name was called and the IO came out of a door to show us in, the whole interview didnt last longer than 5 minutes, my wife mostly got asked about how we met, where did we meet, why her family wasn't for our wedding day... only thing I was asked it was our current address, yes and no questions on the immigration forms and if I ever left the country ever since I came here...heck the IO didn't even look throughout our albums picture or bank account, we had 1 and she barely checked out the 1st one. Then she got up and left the room for a minute leaving the door behind open then came back with a paper on it saying that I'm being granted conditional 2-years green card that needed to be updated on Jan 2014 for the 10 year one. We signed and pretty much were done after that. We came out of the building by 7:45. the officer a lady, was super nice and calm, couldn't had a more smooth experience. me n my wife are soooooo ready for our honeymoon! europe here we come!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes & support. This whole immigration experience has been a long one but definitively worth it. My interview was for 7:30am and we got there 7:15....there was the room full of people and 2 couples additional to that signed up ahead of us, still...after just sitting 2 minutes my name was called and the IO came out of a door to show us in, the whole interview didnt last longer than 5 minutes, my wife mostly got asked about how we met, where did we meet, why her family wasn't for our wedding day... only thing I was asked it was our current address, yes and no questions on the immigration forms and if I ever left the country ever since I came here...heck the IO didn't even look throughout our albums picture or bank account, we had 1 and she barely checked out the 1st one. Then she got up and left the room for a minute leaving the door behind open then came back with a paper on it saying that I'm being granted conditional 2-years green card that needed to be updated on Jan 2014 for the 10 year one. We signed and pretty much were done after that. We came out of the building by 7:45. the officer a lady, was super nice and calm, couldn't had a more smooth experience. me n my wife are soooooo ready for our honeymoon! europe here we come!

Congrats, @Cliff2 on getting your card! Must be a great feeling and a big relief. :eek:)

And congrats @shyguy1 for an easy interview! Have fun in Europe! I just got back from UK...can't wait to visit Europe again soon (after receiving my GC, of course)!