December 2011 Filers

Life Insurance

What is the preferred way to get the Life insurance?

I mean, It should be spouse only as beneficiary or it should be spouse plus any minor kids ?

Same with 401 plan, how the beneficiaries should be listed.

I understand its' personal choice but i am looking opinions in AOS/immigration perspective.

Thank You !

GC Interview - Approved

Had my GC interview today: Approved! Also got online status update saying card production has been ordered.

Looks like the thread has gone quiet, and I'm probably the last one among Dec 2011 filers.

Interview Description:

The interview was scheduled for 1:30PM, we got there around 1:20. We gave the interview appointment letter to the lady in the reception, who kept it. Around 2:20, the IO came out to the seating area and called my name. When we approached, she asked for our names. She asked if we have a lawyer (no) and if we both spoke English (yes). Then she asked us to follow her. A long walk through corridors led to her office and she actually apologized for the delay (one hour wait is nothing in this business - but I guess she's just nice). Once in her office, she swore us in and asked to take seats.

She first confirmed our names and asked to see my passport and Driver License for both me and my wife. She opened my file and said that she's got all that she needs in the file, but if we have anything to add, we can give her. I said we've sent pretty much all the evidence/info with the application, but we've got the originals of all the papers should she want to check. She said that's okay. We also said we've got some photos as evidence, and she said she's seen some photos in the file (I had sent 2 photos of our life in London, UK in front of famous landmarks).

The IO then asked when I last arrived in the US. I explained that the form in front of her says one date, but I had traveled after receiving my advance parole (pointed to my EAD & AP card on the desk) and I last entered the US six days ago (13 APR 2012). She asked for the reason for travel, and updated the date on the Form I-485 in the file. Then she asked how many times I have traveled to USA previously. I explained that I was on F-1 visa when I lived here before (until 2003), and since obtaining my Visitor visa in 2007, have traveled to US several times (three times in 2008, once in 2010, and finally in 2011). She also asked when and where we got married (in my home country).

After this, she basically said that we have been married for a while (three yrs this July), and she doesn't see any red flags. So, (smile) "Congratulations, you're approved!" We thanked her, but we couldn't believe it was so quick. I asked, "Are you sure you don't wanna see some of the pictures? My wife organized them very carefully!" She laughed and said she was sure they're all nice and if it was some other day, she'd have sat with us to see the pictures, or even have some coffee. But she was convinced that we were truly a genuine case who have been married for a while and it was a busy day. Then she took my I-94 (she almost forgot, I asked her if she wants to retain my I-94 and EAD) and made photocopies of the two drivers licenses (mine and wife's). She shook our hands, wished us a nice and walked us to the elevator.

So that's it. All the above happened in 10-12 minutes! We were out by 2:32PM. It was a very relaxing atmosphere. For some reason, I used to think the interviews are held in interview rooms (I had pictures of interrogation rooms in mind - been watching too many cop shows!), but we were actually in her office room which relaxed me even more. Also, in the end, she told us that since we have been married for over 2 years, I'll receive a 10 yr Permanent Residence Card, and I will be able to apply for citizenship in three years' time.

Thanks to everyone on this board and this thread! You have been a great support for me! Really appreciate all the input and especially the timelines! All the best wishes to all my fellow applicants and those who will walk this path in future.

Got my GC today

As the title says, got my GC today. It's nice! I love the holographic pictures of 44 presidents in the back!! Anybody else noticed that? ;)

I-130 approved

For those going the consular processing route.

My I-130 with receipt date of 12/14/2011 was just approved on 05/02/2012. So almost 5 months for approval. next step will now begin.

Why???

CSC transfered case still no correspondance.
Filed mothers case on Dec 11 @ NBC
Case transfered to CSC
FP done and cleared in Jan12
nothing yet?
All paper requested is submitted:((( :mad:

Hi. Not sure if anyone is still in process. It took me 1 year and 7 month till the interview day. And I am waiting for approval. No decision was made on the interview. Is anyone in the same boat?