Your help will do a wonder to the world.

I do not understand the people who have time to waste on this kind of forums but I really appreciate those of you who gave me useful inputs as for the others; please go get a life! Thank you!

Zolbo - Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of this forum members. People come to this site to find a way to get legal and make a better life for themselves and their families. Most of the members here came illegally or came with the intention of staying here, deceiving the authorities of their actual intent. Came here legally, overstayed and then married a USC. That does not make them any better than you.
Please take my advice, if you are in love with your girl friend and have intentions to marry her in future, then go ahead and marry her now and do your thing. Most of the employment based immigrants in this country think that the have a god given right to come here as employment seekers, then adjust their status to green card holders, and then bring their spouses here, and their parents and their siblings her and that is perfectly legal....................
Don't get discouraged by some rude remarks, you have every right to be here as them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you citi786...as people come here on different visa hence hidding their true intention to immigrate and then adjust their status in the usa...employment base green card holders or citizens are not better than those whom came here on B1 or B2 or any kind of visa which does not have intent..and then get married and stay legal....this is the greastest country in the world and people want to come here...
Zolbo...go ahead and get married and get your gc just like them...and then become a USC...

What's unjust? You broke the law, and the consequences to immigration law violations have not changed since 2001.

Yes he bend the law like every one else...If he does not have the chance to get an EB3 like you, why can he use other avenues to get legal? Are you America defense attorney against illegal immigrant on this forum?

I realize that moving to my home country after I graduate is the only/best way to go about my situation. I don't think lawyers can do anything at this point and I literally lost all my hopes to live here.

No buddy..All hope is not loss...But the only thing which can save you is to get married...and have your overstay forgiven...and have a chance of life is this great country...
:(

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Yes he bend the law like every one else...

A 9 year overstay isn't bending the law.

If he does not have the chance to get an EB3 like you, why can he use other avenues to get legal?

I have no problems with him availing himself of whatever legal avenues he has, which right now is limited AOS via an Immediate Relative spouse. I'm merely pointing out that his limited opportunities are based entirely around the decisions he has made, and it's not unjust for there to be immigration consequences for violating immigration laws. It's no more unjust than getting your driver's license taken away or insurance revoked if you get too many traffic tickets.

Zolbo - Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of this forum members. People come to this site to find a way to get legal and make a better life for themselves and their families. Most of the members here came illegally or came with the intention of staying here, deceiving the authorities of their actual intent. Came here legally, overstayed and then married a USC. That does not make them any better than you.
Please take my advice, if you are in love with your girl friend and have intentions to marry her in future, then go ahead and marry her now and do your thing. Most of the employment based immigrants in this country think that the have a god given right to come here as employment seekers, then adjust their status to green card holders, and then bring their spouses here, and their parents and their siblings her and that is perfectly legal....................
Don't get discouraged by some rude remarks, you have every right to be here as them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for this, citi, you've restored my faith in humanity. I find it sad that someone can come to the forum looking for answers and people choose to jump to conclusions and say hurtful and unnecessary statements (ex. "thanks for the laugh"). Who are we to judge what people go through? I've met so many people who are so proud of their green cards, asking "so how did you get your papers?", etc, when ALL they did was find an American to marry. What's the merit in that? It's nothing to be "proud of" and it doesn't give you the right to stomp on people that aren't as lucky as you are. I'm not judging anyone who's done it this way but, again, not everyone has that luck.

To the original poster: Good luck, hopefully there will be some sort of immigration reform or Dream Act in the future. A 4.0 GPA is a big deal, especially when you've grown up here without papers and with all the stress that comes from that. It isn't your fault your parents chose to come here that way.

Don't lose hope... And don't let people discourage you.

I have lived in US for decades and I've always felt that Americans, not by birth (GC holders or Naturalized Citizens) discriminate others more than the actual born and raised Americans. EB3 in my book is a joke and nothing else. There are thousands of Americans who can do the jobs what most of the Indians and Chinese take away from them, Fraud and nothing but Fraud. Talk about un-documented taking away jobs from documented/citizens, lol...............................
OP was only 15 years old when he came here, he has every right to do whatever it takes to get his status and be a productive Citizen of the Great Nation!

Triple Citizen & The Real Canadian, I have great respect of your knowledge and experience. Before you bash or discourage or even laugh at someone's situation, try to understand that not everyone was blessed like you were or may not have the brains what you two possess. My sincere suggestion is that if you can't help them, just let others help!
You only live once, make the most of it.....................
Cheers!

TheRealCanadian,

you are very conservative and very much a perfect being, good for you!!

I know I've made my share of mistakes and apparently I'm living the consequences
but I simply asked for your help not your judgement!

So, please open your eyes and open your mind!

Rest of you guys on this thread, thank you all sooo much and I really think I got a shot at a great future.

Last but not least, does anyone know the whole process of getting married if anyone went through the process? I know you have to go get registered at the court then send the applications to USCIS. I need little more details; how long would it take, how much it would cost, what kind of materials I should put together etc.?

By the way, if and when I get married, I am not marrying for document because that goes against my custom/culture!

Neither TRC or myself bashed anyone here. If you call disagreeing with someone or doubting someone's claim as bashing, then you have a point.
In my personal opinion, again personal opinion, nothing justifies breaking the law. Now if you do not agree with me, then we can agree to disagree. As simple as that.

Triple Citizen & The Real Canadian, I have great respect of your knowledge and experience. Before you bash or discourage or even laugh at someone's situation, try to understand that not everyone was blessed like you were or may not have the brains what you two possess.

Neither TRC or myself bashed anyone here. If you call disagreeing with someone or doubting someone's claim as bashing, then you have a point.
In my personal opinion, again personal opinion, nothing justifies breaking the law. Now if you do not agree with me, then we can agree to disagree. As simple as that.

I think others have answered your doubts already...............

TheRealCanadian,

you are very conservative and very much a perfect being, good for you!!

I know I've made my share of mistakes and apparently I'm living the consequences
but I simply asked for your help not your judgement!

So, please open your eyes and open your mind!

Rest of you guys on this thread, thank you all sooo much and I really think I got a shot at a great future.

Last but not least, does anyone know the whole process of getting married if anyone went through the process? I know you have to go get registered at the court then send the applications to USCIS. I need little more details; how long would it take, how much it would cost, what kind of materials I should put together etc.?

I am really glad for you young man, remember never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Secondly you will find all the information over here about marriage based cases and also you may visit the USCIS website for additional information and forms. I may suggest you to start a new thread in order to further avoid negative remarks aka bashing!!!!!!!!!