Your help will do a wonder to the world.

zolbo

Registered Users (C)
In September 2001, I came here on visitor visa with my mother and resided here till today (I was 15). I went through 4 yrs of high school, got my GED followed by an associate degree from community college and now I'm an undergrad student pursuing my bachelor degree; will graduate in a year. Meanwhile, my mother became a U.S. citizen through marriage, simultaneously my I-130 was approved and now waiting for the visa availability; the priority date is Dec 08, 2006, F1. Problem is that I'm 25 now and I turned 21 on October 13, 2006 right passed the time criterion for the Child Status Protection Act which technically makes me "aged-out" by about 2 months, so I think that I may not be qualified as an immediate relative.
Currently, visa availability date is at 15FEB06 which is getting close to DEC06.

Few months ago, I received a letter from NVC requiring DS-3032 and I-864 which I've filled out and sent it to them but I regarded the fact that I live in the United States on overstayed visa!!! I should have sent them a notice to adjust my status instead of paying the $70 and $400 fees that I already paid, apparently. I am not leaving the country to interview overseas because that would put me in a 10 year ban obviously, I also do not understand how I can adjust my status with the USCIS once the priority date becomes current when I do not have a status as of now. I've talked to some lawyers on the phone but they have completely shut my hopes down. I do not have the money to pay for an expensive lawyer because all my funds go towards my college. On top of everything, DREAM act just got rejected from congress as I'm getting ready to graduate from college. I have no idea what to do.

With my college degree and knowledge that I have acquired over the years, I definitely am an inevitable asset to this country but I am deeply saddened by the fact that American Dream is not a reality. I know I can do more for the world but I'm immobilized by the system.

Your help will forever be appreciated!

Your only hope at this time is getting married to a USC, only then will you be a IR of a USC and your overstay be forgiven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also please be careful if you have already told the NVC that you are here in US after they figure out that your overstay is not protected they are required by law to turn the info to ICE.
Be very careful.

Also please be careful if you have already told the NVC that you are here in US after they figure out that your overstay is not protected they are required by law to turn the info to ICE.
Be very careful.

Please ignore namecheckvictime's advice of being very careful. Paranoia is very contageous! Just be careful an DO NOT get into any trouble with the law. Find yourself a fine Mamacita who is a USC, get married and apply for your GC. Make sure you DO NOT leave the country before you get your GC.
Good Luck!

Be very careful.

Dear namecheckvictime - If they could figure our overstays, there would be no illegal/undocumented aliens here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there is no hope for filing I485 or anything! How does the whole marriage thing work? Let's say if I were to marry a girlfriend in college, how long would it take and what are the requirements?

Again, I really appreciate your help!

please don't reply if you are not expertise in this, thank you!

I still feel like there must be some sort of loophole to this unjust system.

You marry your girlfriend and file for your green card. This forum will provide you enough information so you won't need the help of an attorney. Since you came to US legally, your overstay will be forgiven. You MUST have proof of legal entry in US. Stay away from trouble, and you will be just fine!!!!!!!!

got my GED followed by an associate degree from community college and now I'm an undergrad student pursuing my bachelor degree.

With my college degree and knowledge that I have acquired over the years, I definitely am an inevitable asset to this country but I am deeply saddened by the fact that American Dream is not a reality. I know I can do more for the world but I'm immobilized by the system. !
oh, please. Millions and millions of people have a college degree... Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not such as asset, really. Just another illegal alien.

Dear namecheckvictime - If they could figure our overstays, there would be no illegal/undocumented aliens here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may have been right, I hope the OP wasn't dumb enough to detail his misdeeds himself to NVC.
They have a pretty good idea about overstays, but their budget limitations put a preference on removing criminal aliens first.

I really appreciate all the positive inputs as well as negative ones! I'm have a pretty good idea about my situation at this point.

I really appreciate all the positive inputs as well as negative ones! I'm have a pretty good idea about my situation at this point.

Zolbo,

College degree has never been a substitute for breaking the law. In your case, green card won't be in the near future via your mother, due to the overstay. Someone suggested you find a USC to marry, while that might sound prudent, it is visa fraud to marry a USC for immigration benefits.

Al Southner,

I realize that moving to my home country after I graduate is the only/best way to go about my situation. I don't think lawyers can do anything at this point and I literally lost all my hopes to live here.

:(

Thank you!

Do millions have 4.0GPA? I don't think so!

lots and lots of people have 4.0. I am sure on this forum alone you'd find a lot of 4.0 people. However, having a 4.0 GPA doesn't mean you can break the law and get away with it.

I realize that moving to my home country after I graduate is the only/best way to go about my situation. I don't think lawyers can do anything at this point and I literally lost all my hopes to live here.

All hope is not lost forever. You'll be able to return with a green card after spending 10 years outside the US. Your mom or another relative would need to file a new petition if this existing one is nullified due to your current ineligibility. However, they don't need to wait 10 years to file it; it can be filed while you are waiting out the 10 year ban, you just need to complete the ban before interviewing at the consulate.

Zolbo - Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of this forum members. People come to this site to find a way to get legal and make a better life for themselves and their families. Most of the members here came illegally or came with the intention of staying here, deceiving the authorities of their actual intent. Came here legally, overstayed and then married a USC. That does not make them any better than you.
Please take my advice, if you are in love with your girl friend and have intentions to marry her in future, then go ahead and marry her now and do your thing. Most of the employment based immigrants in this country think that the have a god given right to come here as employment seekers, then adjust their status to green card holders, and then bring their spouses here, and their parents and their siblings her and that is perfectly legal....................
Don't get discouraged by some rude remarks, you have every right to be here as them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the members here came illegally or came with the intention of staying here, deceiving the authorities of their actual intent. Came here legally, overstayed and then married a USC. That does not make them any better than you.

That is an interesting claim. Based on what I have seen here, I do not think I would agree with it.