"Your case has been delayed" letter from USCIS

Sorry buddy but be patient. Sometimes they lose files and cannot find where they were re-filed. And till they find it, it would be hard to see you..

What if they never find it

Hence you are advised to keep copies. Do you remember INS? One of their speciality was losing applicant documentation. :eek: Unfortunately, INS never created a form or charged a fee for this service, only that you were asked to re-send documents submitted for a particular benefits at your cost...:eek:
As for USCIS, I am yet to see or come across people who lost their documents, but I know someone has lost their whole file in some USCIS office.

As someone had suggested earlier - I have today emailed the Vermont Service Center email address to see if there is something they can follow up in my case. I am not too confident - because I have not even received an automated reply yet - but will keep you posted in case I hear anything.

As someone had suggested earlier - I have today emailed the Vermont Service Center email address to see if there is something they can follow up in my case. I am not too confident - because I have not even received an automated reply yet - but will keep you posted in case I hear anything.

Good luck. Also I am thinking to email Vermont in a week or so. I called today, spoke to 2nd level IO and I got same answer "your case is pending" which I can see from last 3 months.

It makes me worried when I see members who applied two or three weeks after me from same DO (Newark) are geting IL and my case is still with NBC.

Or maybe you just haven't come across the other applicants from your DO who applied at the same time as you and have also not received IL yet.

Got a reply from VSC - nothing substantial - wondering if a letter to the address mentioned in the letter would be any use.

Posting reply here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Your file is at the National Benefits Center. You will need to contact
them for information on your case at:

U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
National Benefits Center
PO Box 648005
Lees Summit MO 64064

For future status inquiries of a petition or application filed at this
Center you may want to utilize our National Customer Service Center by
calling 1-800-375-5283. If you would like to obtain forms, filing
instructions, case status or schedule an appointment with your local
office, please visit our website at www.uscis.gov. You must use the
InfoPass Appointment Scheduler prior to visiting your local office.

Thank you,
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I would not hope for anything "real" in the letter they will send.
I already have two of those, they are standard replies "Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time." I have 3 of those, wording changes a bit depending on request made.
Why dont you go to local office and check what is going on?

Already done that with an InfoPass appt. The file is still at NBC and DO said they can't do anything without it - not even ping the NBC for it at least until it is 6 months or more.

About the "The processing of you case has been delayed....." letter: I believe this is a standard form letter NBC sends out in those cases where the FBI Name Check is still pending. I have gotten a truckload of such letters myself when I was stuck in the Name Check for about two years.

If you want more substantive info, I suggest that you contact your local congressional representative (as well as both U.S. senators for your state) and ask them for help with getting information about your case. In my personal experience that was the only way to get really substantive information from USCIS about my case. If your FBI Name Check is still pending, they'll at least be able to confirm that.

You are in Name check

Hi Compguy,

I went through the same thing you are going through.
(Got the same type of letter about background check etc).
I filed in apr -2007 my wife's IL was received in sep-07 and her citizenship was completed in dec 07
i was stuck in name check for about 2 yrs I got my citizenship in apr-09.

There is nothing you can do at this point other than wait. Give it 3 months or 90 days before you start emailing/contacting USCIS. I am sorry I am not very encouraging but thats the fact. I am sure with current speed you will hear from them before the year is out..around dec 2009.

Patience is the key..and I know..been there done that..

Wish you all the best.

Hi Compguy,

I went through the same thing you are going through.
(Got the same type of letter about background check etc).
I filed in apr -2007 my wife's IL was received in sep-07 and her citizenship was completed in dec 07
i was stuck in name check for about 2 yrs I got my citizenship in apr-09.

There is nothing you can do at this point other than wait. Give it 3 months or 90 days before you start emailing/contacting USCIS. I am sorry I am not very encouraging but thats the fact. I am sure with current speed you will hear from them before the year is out..around dec 2009.

Patience is the key..and I know..been there done that..

Wish you all the best.

Even assuming that my name check is still on - the funny thing in my case is that the IO told me that in all probability - they should still have sent out the RFE for the police clearance because he could see that both sets of FPs were unreadable....

some call FBI to find out if their name is cleared.
i got stuck in GC FBI backlog in 2004 for about two years and then filed a WOM and got cleared in a week. with their improved system, its supposed to be cleared in 3 months