Yahoo: Legal Immigrants to US face GC logJam

where_is_my_gc said:
Quality of education in India indeed is going bad. They also talk about creating more IITs and IIMs. So that they get more quality professionals. But they fail to see the picture at granular level i.e. What does it take to create a college and more importantly environment like these premier institutes? It's certainly more than allocating funds and reserving some land.

I also agree that application part is missing in indian education (at least undergraduate level). This is something which IIT faculties are already considering. We may see the corresponding changes in other institutes.

The sad part is in most of the places esp. big metros, education and providing degrees have really become business.

Not to mention anything about the quota system for SC/STs and other dispriviledged groups. Now this is expanding and spreading to post graduate degrees and prestigious institutions(I am not sure when it became that college graduates of any caste/tribe are "underpriviledged". Talk about affirmative action gone bad. This is sure to contribute to dilution of standards.

Eventually this might happen even in Private schools and wherever else. Can you imagine the folly of reserving seats on Jetairways for a more "appropriate" price because SC/STs don't often get the opportunity to fly? Where and when does this crap stop? This is the achilles heel of democracy with ignorant selfish politicians who lead the masses astray. It is present everywhere but more in Indian democracy.

I have repeatedly said, India is progressing inspite of ignorant politicians who do a lot to hold it back, but very little credit is because of them. Hence the less well organised patchy development compared to better planned countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats true......if only those b**tard politicians will give some space for growth apart from looting for themselves.......india would really grow in a much positive direction rather than the current random and directionless growth.....

Why blame the politicians?

techy2468 said:
thats true......if only those b**tard politicians will give some space for growth apart from looting for themselves.......india would really grow in a much positive direction rather than the current random and directionless growth.....

Why blame the politicians; they are just as selfish as anyone else is. The politicians care for the votes just like they care here. Blame on the illiteracy and backward minds.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Why blame the politicians; they are just as selfish as anyone else is. The politicians care for the votes just like they care here. Blame on the illiteracy and backward minds.

Yes but the masses have never been smart. They need leaders for this reason.
Leaders are supposed to lead, not decieve.

techy2468!

Wanted to ask you, how you got your OR EB-1 i.e. your expertise area. R u a computer scientist?

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. I guess you can do that since you are a master in your area....

techy2468 said:

nyc8300 said:
techy2468!

Wanted to ask you, how you got your OR EB-1 i.e. your expertise area. R u a computer scientist?

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. I guess you can do that since you are a master in your area....
EB-1 OR is not mine....its my spouse.......i am a common EB3 :D

techy2468

techy2468,

Oh ok! So you enjoy the spoils of your spouse's efforts; ok! we now know who wears the pants at home.... I guess this forum is your vent for letting it off. Wouldn't blame you for the number of posts...

techy2468 said:
EB-1 OR is not mine....its my spouse.......i am a common EB3 :D

??

nyc8300 said:

techy2468,

Oh ok! So you enjoy the spoils of your spouse's efforts; ok! we now know who wears the pants at home.... I guess this forum is your vent for letting it off. Wouldn't blame you for the number of posts...

:confused: ??? Is it relevant to anyone here Mr. thread crapper!

nyc8300 said:

techy2468,

just in case it makes you feel better.....she is EB1-OR .....but i make thrice as much as her.....too bad EB3 is retrogressed even though it matters to the business much more than some scientific research..

you must be really frustrated to post such childish comment and belittle yourself......my sympathies with you.

alterego2 said:
Not to mention anything about the quota system for SC/STs and other dispriviledged groups. Now this is expanding and spreading to post graduate degrees and prestigious institutions(I am not sure when it became that college graduates of any caste/tribe are "underpriviledged". Talk about affirmative action gone bad. This is sure to contribute to dilution of standards.

Eventually this might happen even in Private schools and wherever else. Can you imagine the folly of reserving seats on Jetairways for a more "appropriate" price because SC/STs don't often get the opportunity to fly? Where and when does this crap stop? This is the achilles heel of democracy with ignorant selfish politicians who lead the masses astray. It is present everywhere but more in Indian democracy.

I have repeatedly said, India is progressing inspite of ignorant politicians who do a lot to hold it back, but very little credit is because of them. Hence the less well organised patchy development compared to better planned countries.
small correction ..it has already happened in pvt schools. reservation in pvt jobs are next. no wonder people are desperate to leave India