Wrong date of birth on Travel Document - what to do? Wife is pissed!

greenhouse98

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, so my wife is really pissed at me since I filled out all the paper work :(. So I (a USC) filled for her greencard (i130, 1485, I765, I 131).

Today she gets her Travel document in the mail and the date of birth is one year off. I checked the I 131 application and noticed that I made a typo on the application and put 1975 instead of 1976.

Is this a big deal? What do I do now? I have checked on all the other forms and the date is correct, so if she is not planning on traveling is it worth the hassle to inform the USCIS about the mistake? Will this effect her other application for green card and EAD (birth date is correct on those forms).

Please advise asap or my wife will kill me :)

If there is time before she travels, try to get it fixed at your local DO. If not, she should be able to get it corrected at the POE.

Thanks, but it's likely that she won't even travel, my main concern is if they wrong DOB on the AOS will also spill over to her other items like the EAD and greencard? I did put in the correct DOB for that. So is it important that I get this corrected even if she is not planning on traveling?

I seriously doubt a typo on one application will spill over to the other applications. However if you have the time, I would encourage you to try to get it corrected at the DO.

So is it important that I get this corrected even if she is not planning on traveling?

I seriously doubt a typo on one application will spill over to the other applications. However if you have the time, I would encourage you to try to get it corrected at the DO.

Thanks! So DO is where they have interviews, etc? Do I have to make an appointment first or I can just walk in?

They only have a Field Office in Buffalo, will that be fine? Also trying to make an appointment on the website:

" Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment. "

They don't seem to have an option for "correcting errors" etc.

Well I just talked to the USCIS customer rep over the phone and she informed me that since it was a typo (my fault) that I would have to send a new I-131 along with the payment (~$300) to fix the mistake.

I was assured that as long at the DOB is correct on the other forms (I130, I485, etc) then the green card application will not be effected. I guess we will delay our travel plans until she gets her green card since we don't want to pay $300 to have this issue corrected.

What do you guys think? Is this a ok move? I just don't want the incorrect DOB on the Advance Parole to impact the whole AOS case in anyway.