• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

working illigaly while in F1 status please help

assaad

Registered Users (C)
i am an f1 and dv 2009 winner i worked while i was in usa do u know if do KCC or the embasy can ask you about ur income tax return because if they do i will be skrewed i have been living in this country for more then 5 years and i am tired of maintaining an F1 staus it cost a lot of money and i wish this will be my last year in this case.

i am an f1 and dv 2009 winner i worked while i was in usa do u know if do KCC or the embasy can ask you about ur income tax return because if they do i will be skrewed i have been living in this country for more then 5 years and i am tired of maintaining an F1 staus it cost a lot of money and i wish this will be my last year in this case.

There is a good chance that the question will come up at some point either directly or indirectly. Directly - they simply ask for your tax docs. Indirectly - they ask you under oath if you have ever been out of status.

Seeing as to you have already admitted to knowingly breaking the law, the only thing left to share with you is this:

INA §212(a)(9)(B)(i)(I) : (the shorty version)

F1---->unauthorised employment----->out of status----->unlawfully present in the country---->......

And this should in no way, at no time, or at any place or venue, be considered or construed or taken as any kind of advise or assistance to anyone and/or for any purpose.

i am sorry but i don't get it. i could not understand what u r trying to say. i actually have worked a few moths illigaly but i was not cut my question is that did it happen to anybody in an interview that he was asked about his tax return or w2 form.

Hi assaad I`m also selected to dv 2009 my case umber it`s low and it`s going to be active in october I had some discussion with an emigration attorney because my case it`s not so "clean".Working with no authorization it can be a problem what ever you doing CP or Aos.That is a fact.Now If you already did that and you worked I would say that you just have to hope that somehow it`s not going to come up the question.Did you ever had any other tipe of working visa?Or just F1.There is a big chance that they are not gone ask for tax transcription if you had just F1 visa and never before any working visa assuming that you never had the chance to get hired.Do you have social security?How did you get SSN ?Because if you applied before for SSN than they can find out everything about you if they want.I sad if they want.I heard case from last year that he was on F1 and he was working he did Aos and he get the GC.

hi locoo, i hope evrything is gona be all right for us , but let me tell u something in the forms you r going to fill for them there are tricky question like did u ever apply for social security and list all your employers for the last 10 years, from those question you are inviting them to check on you and to ask u about you work experience and check if you were working ligally or not from your social security they will find out if u have filled tax and how much you were making. if you have been working with u social u r screwed dont even think about get in it cause ur case hold a red flag for them. better stay on f1 and look for other means to get paprer there is no joke or laying with americans those people are very serious.

Did you work under the table, or did you report your earnings? If you worked under the table, with no record of you ever working, how will they find out unless you tell them?

In my case I came in 2005 to the US and I had a working visa till 2007 september and now I`m on F1...

Make sure you are in clean status when you go to the interview. If you worked illegally since you last entered the US, you are out of status. Re-enter in valid status. They might still give you trouble if you were out of status for more than 180 days, so get an attorney.

hi every body, well the thing is that when you go for the interview they will take a look at the forms you submitted to them at the begining if you were an f1 than they will see if you have worked while you were in usa since f1 student they have an opt which means an authorization to work in usa during one year after they finish there degree right, well they will ask u in the interview about your tax return, or they might not need to because with your social security they will figure out before the interview if you have used your social security to work in usa before your opt was valid.