Work on EAD if I-485 denied

John78696

Registered Users (C)
My attorney said that I can keep working till EAD validation date even if I-485 gets denied.

Is it true?

My attorney said that I can keep working till EAD validation date even if I-485 gets denied.
------------------------ Your attorney is wrong. EAD or AP is based on Pending I-485. If I-485 gets denied then EAD or AP is invalid.

Is it true?
----------------Not true. Change your lawyer.
-------

Is it possible that my attorney thinks that the denial was in error.
And he can make a request for reopening the case, which makes keeps the EAD valid. Is it possible???

My Attorney strongly feels that I-485 should not be denied unless there is a VERY STRONG reason, which in the first place should make my current job at jeopardy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible that my attorney thinks that the denial was in error.
And he can make a request for reopening the case, which makes keeps the EAD valid. Is it possible???

My Attorney strongly feels that I-485 should not be denied unless there is a VERY STRONG reason, which in the first place should make my current job at jeopardy.

IF and only IF your request granted and your I-485 returned back to the pending status, then you are fine to work with the EAD till its expiration date. The point is how you know that the USCIS will accept that, if yop and your attorney is 100% sure, then go ahead and continue working, if for any reason, this is not true, by then you will accumulate illegal time of working without authorization despite your EAD was valid on the card and not in reality from the day of I485 denial.