withdrawing asylum application?

erzzzzss

Hey guys. I had a political related fears(im a political dissent and has done work politically sensitive in my home country), so I applied for asylum last year in the US. Now that fear has been nearly resolved, and I can safely go back to my home country in the near future. I have been living in the US for 8 years as a student with F1 visa and has always legally entered the US. No crime record, excellent record, have a house and parents/relatives in my country, etc. I still legally maintain my F-1 status in the US and my F-1 visa. Is it possible to come back to the US later this year(assuming I return to my home country for a brief period) as an F-1 student if I withdraw my asylum application?

Hey, I hope you’re doing well. Kindly don’t quote me, but if you decide to withdraw your asylum application even though you maintained your F-1 status leaving the States might not be the wise move if you thinking to come back in the future. Why? Your visa application may be denied because you did apply for asylum.

I wish you all the best.