withdrawal of asylum application

kc_sanu

Registered Users (C)
hello friends
i am in a fix as i believe my asylum application "does not hold water". i have been refered to immigration court. therefore it seems wise to withdraw my application. without wasting time andany more money i plan to do go ahead. but there are a lot of knowledgeable people in this forum and i wanted a second opinion.

i am in referral and my first master hearing is due in 10 days. i am due to meet with a lawyer in a few days i know their suggestions will be biased to some extent. they have to help me yet at the same time sustain their business too.

"is it advisable and what are the consequences and repercussions if i withdraw my application."

please share your views and experience.
thankyou very much.

If you are referred to Immigration Court, you have to go to Court even if you want to withdraw your case. Just let the Judge know that you want to withdraw the case. As far as consequences are concerned, that depends upon your current status.

thanks for the prompt reply. i was in valid status until last week of june and filed for asylum before it expired. is that any help?
thanks again.

hi guys. i have been expectantly waiting for a reply but to no avail. one more addition to my question- i have mentioned the persecution faced by my sibling in my application. if i withdraw will he be scrutinized or he it has no effect on him(he is LPR). please reply fast i am running out of time.

hi guys. i have been expectantly waiting for a reply but to no avail. one more addition to my question- i have mentioned the persecution faced by my sibling in my application. if i withdraw will he be scrutinized or he it has no effect on him(he is LPR). please reply fast i am running out of time.

You say that your brother is already an LPR so he got asylum well over a year ago. Your case should have no impact UNLESS you have revealed that HE committed immigration fraud. That is doubtful.

It is more likely that you and he just have different individual circumstances and other things have changed over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Dear Friends,

I applied for asylum, but the interview date is not clear. I went for fingerprint but now I want to withdraw my asylum case, and stay in USA with a legal visa. How can I withdraw my case? Should I do it by a letter to USCIS? Do you think if I want to go out of the country and want to re enter, it will be a problem for me?

Dear Friends,

I applied for asylum, but the interview date is not clear. I went for fingerprint but now I want to withdraw my asylum case, and stay in USA with a legal visa. How can I withdraw my case? Should I do it by a letter to USCIS? Do you think if I want to go out of the country and want to re enter, it will be a problem for me?

Here is the affirmative asylum procedure manual.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/AffrmAsyManFNL.pdf

You can find about withdrawal on page 150.

your asylum application was not denied. that means it is not bad as you think. being reffered to Immigration court is not so bad. I was referred there too because they said i did not provide sufficient evidence for not filing within the one year deadline. And I went pleaded my case, cried my eyes out (which always help) and I won. you should not give up so easily.