• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

WILL MY GREENCARD APPROVE: HELP...

ushpfl

I applied greencard and got approved for interview 2 months from ago.......when i go for interview in nairobi i saw this woman who was doing interviews and i knew her.
I used to work as groundskeeper at an apartments in Hurlingham and i saw her there very many times because she lived there she is a white woman from the USA. The apartment had very many white people and i used to greet them all and i had also greeted this woman very many times before i left working there and got new job at restaurant
when my time come for interview, i thought if i make the woman remember me she will help me get greencard without many problem
I sat down at the desk and told her in very small voice so that other people do not know we know each other that i know where she leaves.....she told me she is sorry and i think she did not hear i told her again i know where she leaves..
she told me to wait a little bit and went to another office. after some moments a man came and told me to follow me to a small room where i thought i would be given special interview because we knew each other with the woman
he asked me who i am and why i was threatening the woman i told him we were at apartment with the woman he called a kenyan lady who we talked in kiswahili since he said he does not understand me after some time i was told to accompany him and given to kenya police
the police put me in a car and we go, they ask me if i am alshabaab and when i try to call my brother they told me i am calling backup and they take my phone
we record statement and i explain to them but they still tell me to go with them to where i live. They checked my things and we went to my brothers job at KRA and they ask a lot of questions. They then asked me to remove something small or i go and relax at police station upto next week. i gave them 4000 and they tell me to report there tomorrow
my brother was paying for the processing for me and he was very angry for embarassing him. however, i was called last week and told to go back to the embassy on this coming week and to also read my email. they also ask who applied greencard for me i told them i did.
Is there any chance of getting greencard and what should i do when i go there. i wanted to aplologise to go to the apartment and apologise to the woman but my brother said if he heard i went there he will disown me
does anyone here work for the usa embassy and what should i do when i go there; i have already written an apology letter and attached them to my documents am very stressed. please pray for me

I applied greencard and got approved for interview 2 months from ago.......when i go for interview in nairobi i saw this woman who was doing interviews and i knew her.
I used to work as groundskeeper at an apartments in Hurlingham and i saw her there very many times because she lived there she is a white woman from the USA. The apartment had very many white people and i used to greet them all and i had also greeted this woman very many times before i left working there and got new job at restaurant
when my time come for interview, i thought if i make the woman remember me she will help me get greencard without many problem
I sat down at the desk and told her in very small voice so that other people do not know we know each other that i know where she leaves.....she told me she is sorry and i think she did not hear i told her again i know where she leaves..
she told me to wait a little bit and went to another office. after some moments a man came and told me to follow me to a small room where i thought i would be given special interview because we knew each other with the woman
he asked me who i am and why i was threatening the woman i told him we were at apartment with the woman he called a kenyan lady who we talked in kiswahili since he said he does not understand me after some time i was told to accompany him and given to kenya police
the police put me in a car and we go, they ask me if i am alshabaab and when i try to call my brother they told me i am calling backup and they take my phone
we record statement and i explain to them but they still tell me to go with them to where i live. They checked my things and we went to my brothers job at KRA and they ask a lot of questions. They then asked me to remove something small or i go and relax at police station upto next week. i gave them 4000 and they tell me to report there tomorrow
my brother was paying for the processing for me and he was very angry for embarassing him. however, i was called last week and told to go back to the embassy on this coming week and to also read my email. they also ask who applied greencard for me i told them i did.
Is there any chance of getting greencard and what should i do when i go there. i wanted to aplologise to go to the apartment and apologise to the woman but my brother said if he heard i went there he will disown me
does anyone here work for the usa embassy and what should i do when i go there; i have already written an apology letter and attached them to my documents am very stressed. please pray for me
Well when you say I know where you live is a way of threatening, instead of that what you should told her I think I have seen you. In any case now its over cant correct it again. In a way you got u r self a special interview. As for getting GC after this drama I frankly have no idea.

Well when you say I know where you live is a way of threatening, instead of that what you should told her I think I have seen you. In any case now its over cant correct it again. In a way you got u r self a special interview. As for getting GC after this drama I frankly have no idea.
do you work in the embassy?

Of course no one here works in the embassy.

Well clearly you have learnt that 'knowing' someone doesn't get you special favors. The case will be decided on the merits of whether or not you qualify for a DV visa under normal rules. If they've asked you to go back they are presumably comfortable that you don't pose a security threat, so now it's up to you to get through on education, overcoming public charge etc.

do you work in the embassy?

Seems to me like you haven't learnt any lesson from what you've already gone through. Stop looking for favors - things don't typically work like that in the US. The DV process is based on being qualified and meeting the necessary requirements.

Of course no one here works in the embassy.

Well clearly you have learnt that 'knowing' someone doesn't get you special favors. The case will be decided on the merits of whether or not you qualify for a DV visa under normal rules. If they've asked you to go back they are presumably comfortable that you don't pose a security threat, so now it's up to you to get through on education, overcoming public charge etc.
thanks at least i have a ray of hope; education wise i got c+ and i have relatives in minnesotta

Seems to me like you haven't learnt any lesson from what you've already gone through. Stop looking for favors - things don't typically work like that in the US. The DV process is based on being qualified and meeting the necessary requirements.
ur grinch who do not like chrismass

what does that mean?
ur also grinch;
and why are all of you raising up right hand in the profile picture
Oh my, what a series of strange postings... Frankly, your case does nothing to increase confidence in the DV program in general, hopefully this is all a strange kind of joke.

Well man, frankly speaking you have poor written and spoken English ability.

I know what you meant by saying “I know where you live” You meant to say to that lady that you used to work at the apartment complex where she lives and you may be acquaintant of her. However, when you said that she perceived it as you saying “ I know where you live, so if you denied my application, I may come to your home to harm you.” That’s why the police was involved.

This is how others would perceive you saying “I know where you live” especially when you say it in a low, whispering, tone.

After that, if you still have a shot at the interview then it is a miracle, my friend. You should be thankful to God many times for that.

Many American embassies around the world offer the choice of giving interview in the local languages. And this applies to the immigrant and non- immigrant visas alike. I am sure your American Embassy would have the facility of offering you to take the interview in your local language. This is not the time to brag about your command of English, but it that of passing the interview with flying colors.

So my advice for you would be to take the interview in your local language and be happy.

Just don't go to and visit her at her appartment !!!! Because if you do, you will get a permanent residence GC in Guantanamo. So just stick to whatever they tell you do.

I entered USA in October 2015 to activate greencard. Then I exited in November. I re-entered July 2016. May I exit again? I want to go do 3 months at a time doing contract work abroad. Is this allowed? Thank you.

I entered USA in October 2015 to activate greencard. Then I exited in November. I re-entered July 2016. May I exit again? I want to go do 3 months at a time doing contract work abroad. Is this allowed? Thank you.

You may exit again but you'll probably run into problem with the CBP sooner or later. The GC is intended for living and working in the US.

Did you file a tax return for 2015?