Wife Passed Interview Today in Fargo ND

paulclarke1

Registered Users (C)
My wife had her N400 interview this morning in Fargo ND. We arrived at the Federal court house at around 9:15AM for a 9:30AM interview, presented the interview letter and ID and we told where to go.

On arrival at the office (it was at the ASC) she handed in her interview letter, green card, drivers license and social security card and we were asked to wait. The Fargo office is very small we were the only ones there (a little later a family came in for FP). At about 9:35 the officer came to get her. She told me it was a interview pretty much in line with those reported, promise to tell the truth, review of N400 etc. The IO asked if she had brought all of the documents refereed to on the CFR letter and she did, I prepared her the full "JohnnyCash" packet.

The one question that came up related to arrest and traffic citations. The CFR asked for court dispositions, we had DMV records, which the IO said were not the right thing, but because it was a citation not an arrest it did not matter.

She then got the questions

What is freedom of religion
Name on state that boarders Canada (we are in North Dakota)
Who is one of our state senators
How many senators
When was the constitution written (she got that one wrong)
Which ocean is on the east coast.
And one other question she can't remember.

She was asked to read. "What do we pay to the government?" She wrote. "We pay taxes".

She was then given the congratulations you are recommended for approval letter.

The whole thing took 20-25 minutes.

The IO said that their was an oath ceremony in Fargo next week, but she could not get the paperwork done for that, so she could go to Minot or Bismarck at the end of July. As my interview is still 2 weeks away she chose the Bismarck option so we can do it together (assuming I pass too:)). It looks like ND does oath ceremonies once a month in different locations. The next one in Fargo after May is November so we are told.

So thank you everyone, I am at bat in 2 weeks and I will post again when that is complete.