why GC's are getting approved for premium 140 cases -while it suppose to be only 140

rockme

Registered Users (C)
:mad: Hi All,

This might look or appeal very revolutionary to many of you, some of you might even get offended if your case got approved after you file t’ru premium 140.

I’m not sure about other processing centers, but I saw this trend at NSC since my case is with NSC …

NSC approved many cases whose PD/RD are not current but their 140 was filed t’ru premium processing.

If premium processing is for only 140, why on the earth they approve 485, it clearly says PREIMIUM PROCESSING for 140. But how come 485 getting approved, what happens to name/background check in this case, how come they can request an expedite process to on name check when they say they can’t do it for regular cases. Or USCIS even don’t send the case to FBI for background check and may be they adjudicate.

If they can expedite the case and approve 485 just by collecting $1000.00 for 140, why can’t they say premium processing for 485 and then expedite the process.

I just wanted to know if we can (those who are suffering for many years/months) make this as a point and file a law suite against USCIS??

All your suggestions/comments are welcome, I’m just trying to make a point here and see if we can make some voice.

I guess you have the wrong impression.

I know so many people , including myself , which even by going through premium and get approved I-140 quickly, still are waiting for their AOS approval.
Fast I-485 approvals are only exceptions and mostly on EB1 and a few EB2 cases.

rockme said:

This might look or appeal very revolutionary to many of you, some of you might even get offended if your case got approved after you file t’ru premium 140.

I’m not sure about other processing centers, but I saw this trend at NSC since my case is with NSC …

NSC approved many cases whose PD/RD are not current but their 140 was filed t’ru premium processing.

If premium processing is for only 140, why on the earth they approve 485, it clearly says PREIMIUM PROCESSING for 140. But how come 485 getting approved, what happens to name/background check in this case, how come they can request an expedite process to on name check when they say they can’t do it for regular cases. Or USCIS even don’t send the case to FBI for background check and may be they adjudicate.

If they can expedite the case and approve 485 just by collecting $1000.00 for 140, why can’t they say premium processing for 485 and then expedite the process.

I just wanted to know if we can (those who are suffering for many years/months) make this as a point and file a law suite against USCIS??

All your suggestions/comments are welcome, I’m just trying to make a point here and see if we can make some voice.

just the fact.....

Nope, most of the EB2's with latest RD's also got approved, I'm talking based on the list of cases in trackitt.com:cool:

Most people I've talksed to say citizenship is very fast - comes in a matter of 3 or 4 months. Yet most AOS applications are stuck in namecheck. I have a feeling that citizenship namechecks get expedited.

the trick is that if ur namecheck is cleared and ur i140 cleared too, then ur i485 will be processed, this is the key and the trick. so if ur namecheck is cleared, then it worth payin for premium to get ur 140 cleard, in this way ur i485 will be processed shortly. this is the trend at NSC.

You must be thinking of EB1s on trackitt. Yes it seems like they are being approved pretty quickly. As for EB2s they are not being approved promptly (within 6 months). Your observation is likely incorect (I wish you were correct though).
Nope, most of the EB2's with latest RD's also got approved, I'm talking based on the list of cases in trackitt.com:cool:

true

the trick is that if ur namecheck is cleared and ur i140 cleared too, then ur i485 will be processed, this is the key and the trick. so if ur namecheck is cleared, then it worth payin for premium to get ur 140 cleard, in this way ur i485 will be processed shortly. this is the trend at NSC.

In my own case, I had a Code 2 FP in December which is probably indicative that my I485 processing was pretty much done. Then lo-and-behold I got my I485 approval less than 2 weeks after I140 approval (which was regular processing). Presumably, if I had done premium, I would have gotten my I485 approval soon after the I140 got approved.

Don't hate the people who got their greencards before you. Be happy for them and realize that your day will come too. All the best in getting your GC as quickly as possible.

Don't hate the people who got their greencards before you. Be happy for them and realize that your day will come too. All the best in getting your GC as quickly as possible.

Amen. I'm stuck in name check, and so long as the various quotas are being respected, I'm quite content that all the EB2's and EB'3 get used up.

This prevents the other backlogged countries (Indaia, mostly) from getting more than their 7% share prescribed in the law. EB-3 Row wouldn't be in such bad shape if 50,000 indians hadn't gotten GCs in 2005, instead of their 10,000 limit.

My dear friends.

I am new to this forum so pls pardon me for lack of knowledge. My I140 is still pending with LUD 8/12/06 . EB2 PD Oct2002 485 is pending with RD/ND 08/08/06 .

I had once been told on phone by USCIS in Nov that my case was in namecheck. I havent seen any updates to say so. I wish to know how to track changes/movement of a 485 case. My FP was done 10/26 and there is no update since 10/29. Pls enlighten me about Name check/ Code 2 FP and various steps in 485 and how i can know i have reached that stage. Do u think what i heard could actually be false as i havent heard it any other way.

pls help me if you can. Thx and good luck to all.

In my own case, I had a Code 2 FP in December which is probably indicative that my I485 processing was pretty much done. Then lo-and-behold I got my I485 approval less than 2 weeks after I140 approval (which was regular processing). Presumably, if I had done premium, I would have gotten my I485 approval soon after the I140 got approved.

Well it is not the question of hating, questioning on system how they are working. Come on my friend, we are all grownups and all our struggles are aganist system not over some one whose case approved --- HOPE U GOT IT...

Well it is not the question of hating, questioning on system how they are working. Come on my friend, we are all grownups and all our struggles are aganist system not over some one whose case approved --- HOPE U GOT IT...

Premium processing of I-140 has no effect on I-485 unless your NC get cleared (may save few months, which is not big deal and even not worth the 1000$). The point is that; NC get cleared in few days for more than 80% of cases and another 19% get cleared within 6 months (USCIS statistics). So, you have about 1% (still thousands of applicants, almost all of them including myself complaining in this forum). This 1% will not be benefited from premium processing or any thing, just more burden on them, more frustration and more wasting of their resources.