Who is coming for party?

Hi Long GC

Congrats. ..
After long Fight. Happy to hear that ur case has been approved.
I am an Atlanta guy. Few months ago i moved from Atlanta. Please PM me.

Thanks
Sank

Question for LongGC

LongGC,

If your I-485 gets denied and you file motion to reopen, till the time that your appeal is considered, can you stay in the US, renew the EADs and continue working.

I am not sure what is the individual's status when his I-485 gets denied. Does he have to leave the country even if he files MTR?

longGC,
Indeed you deserve a party!!! Not for just a day. Make it for wek :D

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your freedom. :)

I salute your patience and perseverance.

Wish I could join you in Atlanta .... just to see that 'wiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddeeeeee' grin and outstretched muscles surrounding your mouth !!

Take it easy man .... and hey, never again keep a nickname starting with .... oh well, you know it too well. !!

WELCOME TO THE CLUB !!! Ah, I mean the citizen bandwagon !!
Jaysee

Congratulations!!! your case is a good example for every body too keep thier hope and keep the chin up.

Arun Mehta 02

The answer to your question is posted in the same thread at post #67.

LongGC,

If your I-485 gets denied and you file motion to reopen, till the time that your appeal is considered, can you stay in the US, renew the EADs and continue working.

I am not sure what is the individual's status when his I-485 gets denied. Does he have to leave the country even if he files MTR?

I feel relieved because I know,

-Today I am not afraid of lay-off. I can always find a new job.
-Today I am not worried that my job has to be the same as described in my LC.
-Today I know that if I am laid-off, I can take unemployment insurance.
- Today I do not have to worry about EAD getting expired and renewal of the same.
- Today I do not have to apply for AP and wait for its approval before my departure. Last year, when I was laid-off, I wanted to go to India and spend some time with my parents. The economy was down. Today I can go and visit them and stay with them for 2 months and come back fresh.

- Today I do not have to worry about a sudden loss such as GC denied and out of status. I had only 10 days to sell my house and car and pack-up. Today I am not worried.
- Today, I can go full time and attend school and will not need a F visa.
- Today I feel good as I do not have to pay out of state tution fee (nearly 3 times) because I do not have GC. I had to pay more fee even though I was resident of GA and paying taxes for many years. Some universities give the privilege only to Permanent Residents and Citizens.
- Today I can work for any company and any type of job or simply not worry about having an emplyment to maintain status.

God bless you all.

Congratulatios from my side too, I have seen your postings for last two years... including dark days of 2003...

Raju

... and finally, you can look forward to someday telling your grandchildren the tale of the BIG BAD IMMIGRATION SERVICE and how you tamed it.

longGC said:
I feel relieved because I know,

-Today I am not afraid of lay-off. I can always find a new job.
-Today I am not worried that my job has to be the same as described in my LC.
-Today I know that if I am laid-off, I can take unemployment insurance.
- Today I do not have to worry about EAD getting expired and renewal of the same.
- Today I do not have to apply for AP and wait for its approval before my departure. Last year, when I was laid-off, I wanted to go to India and spend some time with my parents. The economy was down. Today I can go and visit them and stay with them for 2 months and come back fresh.

- Today I do not have to worry about a sudden loss such as GC denied and out of status. I had only 10 days to sell my house and car and pack-up. Today I am not worried.
- Today, I can go full time and attend school and will not need a F visa.
- Today I feel good as I do not have to pay out of state tution fee (nearly 3 times) because I do not have GC. I had to pay more fee even though I was resident of GA and paying taxes for many years. Some universities give the privilege only to Permanent Residents and Citizens.
- Today I can work for any company and any type of job or simply not worry about having an emplyment to maintain status.

God bless you all.

continued to longGC "Today I can ... "

today i can enter united states WITHOUT visa, also WITHOUT past three years w-2, tax returns, latest three month salary stubs in my luggage thru the customs; :D

today i am free to enter canada, mexico, jamaica, switzerland, bermuda, cayman islands, british virgin islandsand WITHOUT visa :D