• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Where should I take my picture for the D.V. lottery?

Ido Levi

Hey,
I've seen all of the requirements that I have to fill to register to the lottery, but do I have to go to a professional photographer to take the picture, or can I do it with my smartphone?
And another minor question about the picture, does it matter if I have a ponytail and the picture was taken after I took a shower?
Thanks

You can take the picture yourself. If your ponytail is bothering you, leave your hair free flowing.

And I'm not sure about the shower part of the question. Is not like the picture will indicate a body odor :rolleyes: or that there's a tool that detects when one lady had a shower.

You can take it professionally or by yourself, in either case be sure to follow instructions- US photos are different sises vs most other countries' passport/visa photos.
Pony tail is good, it ensures that the eyes, ears etc are not obscured.
The shower question also confuses me....!

You can take the picture yourself. If your ponytail is bothering you, leave your hair free flowing.

And I'm not sure about the shower part of the question. Is not like the picture will indicate a body odor :rolleyes: or that there's a tool that detects when one lady had a shower.
haha, I asked because one of the requirements was that I should not try to look "special" for this photo, like not wearing any fancy clothings, etc, so I wondered if it classifies, dumb question I know haha.

And another minor question that isn't releated to this post, but in Israel we have a mandatory military service of 3 years, if I win this lottery, that means that it would be at the very end of my military service, can I still apply or I have to move in 2019?

You can take it professionally or by yourself, in either case be sure to follow instructions- US photos are different sises vs most other countries' passport/visa photos.
Pony tail is good, it ensures that the eyes, ears etc are not obscured.
The shower question also confuses me....!
Same as I replied to Sm1smom

haha, I asked because one of the requirements was that I should not try to look "special" for this photo, like not wearing any fancy clothings, etc, so I wondered if it classifies, dumb question I know haha.

And another minor question that isn't releated to this post, but in Israel we have a mandatory military service of 3 years, if I win this lottery, that means that it would be at the very end of my military service, can I still apply or I have to move in 2019?

You can still apply, you'd have to provide military records if you are selected.

It's a lottery, get selected first. After that you can worry about what the next step should be.

It's a lottery, get selected first. After that you can worry about what the next step should be.
I'm trying that I won't get selected and then get infomred that I can't win beacuse reason A or B

And one last thing, if I'm 18 and still haven't finished school (last year, should finish it this year) but I have finished almost 50% of my first degree (B.Sc in C.S.), is it enough?

And thank you for your help

I'm trying that I won't get selected and then get infomred that I can't win beacuse reason A or B

And one last thing, if I'm 18 and still haven't finished school (last year, should finish it this year) but I have finished almost 50% of my first degree (B.Sc in C.S.), is it enough?

And thank you for your help

You need a completed high school education. Half a degree and no high school doesn't give you any complete educational qualifications. Behatzlachah!

hello, i got my photo taken, but im not sure if its good enough for t it he visa application?? It says I should look in the camera, but it looks like im looking a little bit up? no? can you give me advice, i don't wanna pay for another photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0885-e.jpg
    IMG_0885-e.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 18
hello, i got my photo taken, but im not sure if its good enough for t it he visa application?? It says I should look in the camera, but it looks like im looking a little bit up? no? can you give me advice, i don't wanna pay for another photo.
But you have to corp it down a little, the size of the picture is 264kb, while the maximum allowed is 240kb

Hi,
I have taken my photo myself. I have used my android smartphone (8MP camera).

All the requirements are nicely mention in the instruction page. Read it few times :)

Also There is a photo tool in dv web site. You can use it for the validation. And don't trust 100% on other photographers.

Good luck