Where is the Best?

why don\'t you try new york city?

you can live in long island or queens which the rent is cheaper than manhattan, but you can enjoy the "big" city all the time, as long as you have time. I have been live in four cities in U.S., and I do think new york city got everything, especially for us as an immigrant.
Nice to have such as a relax chat, nothing about "green card"

r u at pittsburgh?

Hi Garla r u residing at pittsburgh?if is it so where ?is it at south hills?or carriagepark?or bethel park?

Come to da dirty south

If you dont like snow but still want to be a in a metro, I suggest Hotlanta!

In Atlanta there are quite a few big companies. Delta/home depot/FDC etc. Houses are getting to be more expensive but the Suburbs are improving and expanding. You can live in the suburbs and commute. One major problem is traffic. We have many open wide parking lots thats we call the Interstate!!

Culturally you have so many things going on. Lots of places to hang-out. Good universities. Since you are not Indian I cant really tell you about \'your\' community.

C\'mon down and get a taste of southern hospitality.

Atlanta is the best

I vote Atlanta as the best place to live. It has lots of jobs and it is diverse - unlike Houston which has crowded with oil/Energy companies and Detroit which has many automobile Industries. Any decline in Automobile or Oil sector half of the people in these cities go jobless.

Atlanta is Green and close to Florida, Tennessee which have lots of tourist spots. Good public transport and excellent roads. (I have travelled 42 out of 50 states in the US and I find Atlnata roads are the BEST). You get snow maybe once or twice a year. Otherwise winter is manageable.

Disadvantage is (i) Very heavy traffic (ii) Crime is high in Downtown area. It is one town where African Americans outnumber whites. So you may find some racial tension in job sites.

I totally agree

Nj is mini India in america. It has almost everything which you probably yearn for.

In NJ you get best of India & america

Question to you:

How are people down there? Nice, educated, young etc.
It happend to me twice here in NJ that person cross the street when sow me walking....
Anything like that there?

Nah

Sometimes people might be inconsiderate while driving. But you cant help it. It IS frustrating. Make sure that you live close to the job or can have a nice ride to work. And yeah... get used to coke!!

Do you know Atlanta ?

Atlanta is a beautiful City and is growing very fast. It is one of the busiest Airports in the World (Good Connectivity)... Not crowded and everything is of good quality, I mean, environment, commodities -everything - living is cheap. NJ is sick, boring, everything is wideapart - Groceries North, Clothes South, Food East and Restrooms in the North Pole.. it is like that. Go to Atlanta and enjoy life.

I am skeptical abt NJ

I haven\'t got my GC yet, ready to file 485, but i am in the same state, where to move after GC! I have been in NJ for the last 2 years, its not a place if you want to have a nice car and a nice house, but its good if you want better job options and if you like crowded roads and "high insurance" and stuff. I don\'t prefer NJ maybe I would have liked this place better if I had moved from India to here directly. Unfortunately I was in Kansas for 3 years, a dry place but where I can get my license in 2 hrs.. enough companies Sprint, H&R block, DST, Hallmark.. etc and a easy life. But no beach though :) But I love driving to Colarado :) or Chicago :)
I was in Des moines, IA for sometime, lots of insurance companies, but a boring place, their sight seeing place is DAM!!!
I was in dallas, like the tax free state stuff, but the libraries reflect that "tax free" funding, there is nothing there :))

So, the bottomline, there will be compromises wherever u move.

regards

Boston is an old town. You better take commuter train/subway/bus than drive your car.

Besides the historical value of the houses in Boston, I can\'t think why ppl would actually pay millions for the small condo in Boston.

People are very "friendly" when you drive in Boston. They will give you a "finger" if they think you are too slow on the road. Road condition is poor and if you are not familiar with downtown Boston, you may easily get lost (blame the Big Dig).

Firms are downsizing (same as it happens in other states) but I still think that it\'s better than CA. There are still some job openings but from what I have learned, those firms are reluctant to hire foreign workers (unless you have GC/citizenship)

Since most of you think that Atlanta is beautiful, probably I will go and visit Atlanta this summer. :)

Except Massachusetts you can live any where else peacefully!!

MA is horrible for living especially if you rent. Lots of jobs though.

That what happened when country produce too many people (one billion). indian are not welcome naywhe

40,000 illegal Indians likely to leave UAE on amnesty

Press Trust of India

Dubai, March 21: As many as 40,000 Indians staying in UAE illegally are expected to leave the country during an amnesty likely to be declared by the government next month, the Indian consul general George Joseph has said.

However, he hastened to add that there was no official count and the figure was only an estimate.

He called on all illegal immigrants from India to avail of the pardon and leave the country "honourably" as it was the last chance for them to avoid jail term for violation of immigration rules.

Joseph said the consulate will mobilise Indian associations and volunteers to meet the rush of illegal immigrants who will need emergency certificates or outpass to leave UAE.

He said the consulate will also request the Indian community to contribute generously to generate resources to buy tickets for those who have no funds to do so.

The consulate will contact Indian businessmen who had interests in shipping lines to arrange ferries to offer cheaper passage to India by sea as was done previously.

There are about one million Indian expatriates in the UAE which has a population of 2.7 million.

How\'s employment oppurtunities in Houston?

What don\'t you like about Houston?

No Title

I ant to move to a place where there is a decent chance of getting a software job, decent housing at decent prices! In NJ housing prices are astronomical! High property taxes, insurance and worst of all only LUCENT was the big Kahuna around here!

I too accept your opinion ..

I live in Boston .. If you want to buy a home(not NEW), You will spend around i.e. starting from 300 thousands if you 25 miles from Boston. As you start looking more near to Boston prices increase from 300 towards million.. For the money you earn, You have to live atleast 30 miles from Boston. And I think, You don\'t see any new construction in & around Boston like Southern states .. Settling in Boston is for big $$$ guys Or for people (where both spouses work).
Just my 2 cents opinion ..