Where is the Best?

I wonder who you are, but I can take a guess.

Mr. Kafirhindu .. I wonder why you bring this story to this discussion. Let me tell you, I have also lived in Dubai for some time. The situation there is totally different. I am proud of the Indian Consul General who has come forward with such a suggestion for the people who are stranded out there ... so called illegally. Does any other country do this over there?

Believe it or not guys .. Dubai and most of the Gulf states functions / exists only because of Indians. There is no other expat community in the Gulf which works as hard as the Indians. Attribute this to lack of proper intellect or unwillingness to work hard. The other expat communities are simply jealous of the Indians who are doing so well.

Guys on this forum, who I believe are mostly in the US are unlikely to believe this:
1. If you are not an Arab / white skinned then you cannot change jobs. So this becomes a tool to easily harrass any honest working Indian. So if you happen to lose your job you are screwed. You either start work illegally or leave the country. Most of the workers from India are in the unskilled category. An air-ticket to India costs 3-4 times the average monthly salary of an unskilled worker.

2. In case you are driving, if you happen to hit a camel or an expatriate (read Indian), then the following is the penalty: (This is about 8 years back)
Camel = 60,000 Dhm
Expat = 30,000 Dhm

Don\'t pick on us Indians, Mr. Kafirhindu ... We are intelligent, hardworking and as much as we can - we are law-abiding. If you want to discuss this topic further we can open another thread and I swear, I will beat you to pulp in that thread.

i agree with gc_seeker99 . Hey Kaffir..this is not a place to discuss this type of nonsense.

Is Raleigh or charlotte,NC a high a flood-risk area

How are the opportunies for software in NC (charlotte and Raleigh). And what about Richmond,VA and Denver ,CO

Gulf countries run because of Indians.

Gulf countries run because of Indians. Either a blue-collar or white-collar job, it is Indians who do the job.

These sand-diggers (Arabs) have heads filled with vaccum. Nothin enters in those heads. They have a life because of Oil. That is why multi-nationals go there. Once dependence on oil is gone, these nations will fall into a new category - Fourth Country -- Each day passing by, they will go behind evolution.

Dependence on Oil will go away, I suppose, in the next 15 years. Then let see these Arabs coming and working for us.

how about Dallas?

No body talked about Dallas. Any body living there would share your opinion? I hate to live in Boston area.

Thank you all guys (maybe not all) for sharing real experiences

Anyone from San Francisco. I heard from my friend that is the prettiest in US however most expencieve renting...

PITTSBURGH SUCKS BIG TIME

I am a one time Pittsburgh resident and believe me, you don\'t want to go there.
Hate the STEELERS (losers), dislike PENGUINS and cannot stand anything about that dinghy old city where speed limits are often 30 MPH in most places because of the ups and downs.
No life at all in that godforsaken place. Should be called the "DEAD" city.
If you read statistics, Pittsburgh population is reducing almost 7% every year because of the youngsters moving away from the crap hole of a town for a better life. What more do you need to show that the city once declared most polluted is not an ideal place.
Final word of advice "STAY AWAY FROM PITTSBURGH!!!!", Far far away.

Snowman3, list what you consider important for your lifestyle.

How about Oregon, Seattle and Michigan or Minneapolis - the latter if you don\'t mind the cold. In these states you will find scenic beauty (natural beauty that USA has to offer is incredible esp if you are an outdoors person like me), culture, fair amt of diversity. (Mid-westerners are good progressive people too), clean environment, affordability, good education systems, a relaxed pace, hi-tech companies for jobs etc (assuming u are in SW/HW).

However, taking a bigger perspective, after a point it doesn\'t really
matter..there will always be trade-offs in any place or choice. I think the key is to gain an inner freedom that comes from the knowledge that you will be OK and can be equally happy no matter what or where.

list...

Agree with you mostly that people should find happiness everywhere they live, but since i came here i my have a choice.
It may be better place to live in NJ.... I do not have to spend the rest of my live here. That is why i am asking.
I do not like kids dropping the rest of burgers on the streets..... I just do not want to see it.....
It happened to me, when i asked him to pick this up - he said to me "... go back to your country if you do not like..."
I look for city and people within friendly, helpful, happy, outgoing, fresh, not materialistic and many more goods...

Is it anywhere in USA???.....

Chicago is a good place : My kind of town

Chicago is a good city to consider for settling down as some of the best companies are based here. Also, the North and West suburbs are great and lot of new construction for buying houses at reasonable (250 K onwards) prices. Good schools, great downtown to go on
week-ends, nice communities, good metra train system to access downtown from any suburb. Lot of cultural and sports events.
I have been here since 5 years and love it.

Move to VA/DC/MD area. Great place, NEAT, People are good, many JOBS, and not very expensive. Cheape

Snowman3, racial bias will always exist and you can\'t control other\'s attitudes to you..

There are states more racial than NJ. But you could be living in a progressive state or community yet have a racial boss or neighbour.You can\'t control for everything. I would suggest moving to a diverse neighbourhood but it still doesn\'t gurantee anything.

The best I would suggest is building self-esteem in ourselves and in our children, so we are be able to hold our own no matter what, yet able to integrate into the system.

I see your point. By all means optimize as much as you can (relocate, go to a better neighbourhood, send child to good schools, choose good friends) as long as you are grounded in the reality that there is no gurantee that these kind of problems will go away. That\'s why my comment on inner freedom. With inner freedom, our stakes just become much lower so we are able to optimize. You certainly do have certain amt of it to be able to consider relocation - many of us are too lazy or too afraid of changes to be able to do so. Good luck!

PS. When someone makes a comment on going back to my country, I just reply calmly "Afer you!". I have only had to use it once or twice in NJ - lucked out, I guess.Maybe giving your child some verbal defense mechanisms such as this could help.

To Snowman, you got to be kidding??????

I just want to put your statement here:

\'I look for city and people within friendly, helpful, happy, outgoing, fresh, not materialistic and many more goods... \'

Here is my view:

I believe there is no way to really differentiate the U.S. state/cities FOR YOUR FEATURES (friendly, helpful, happy, outgoing, fresh, not materialistic ).

Are you asking people to tell whether Dallas people are friendly or Atlanta people are Friendly?
Are you asking people to tell whether NJ people are outgoing or VA people are outgoing?

and more ...

You are in deep Materialistic world and you are asking for just the opposite.

Look for features like Jobs, best schools,Cost of living and other convenience issues like transport etc....

Good luck man.....

Thanks but features listed by are not about live.....

There are other more important. You know that since you came from other land..... So do not try to convince me that:
"...Jobs, best schools,Cost of living and other convenience issues like transport etc...." are most important.
Like you may know Americans look for it: get a job, buy big TV 6 beers and must be close to supermarket....
If you look on that - do you think they are really happy or rather because they are told: "...this makes you happy..."

Just my suggestions, no offense please - remember i live in NJ and i am crazy!

To snowman.

I was not trying to criticize you for your priorites and am not telling you conside my priorities as your priorities.

All i am saying is, it is just impossible to come up with a city/state which has friendly , helpful, outgoing people and also not materialistic.

Hope you get a good one.

Good luck