Where Are You My Friends - All Igaters

whatthehell

Registered Users (C)
Friends, I understand that you all are really bugged up with your cases and the only way you can keep your life out of stress/frustration is to keep sharing the info. among us. I don\'t see a lot of posting from our colleagues in the last couple of days. May be I am the only one who is left out waiting for approval. To give an update, I got the same info. from LD as what is posted in our immigration web site with respect to the HOLD on our cases. Also, I was told that no receipt notices have been received for the amended I-140\'s filed during the month of May. Since the company cannot enquire on an individual I-485 cases, it looks like all doors are shut except to wait either for our I-140 to get approved or for the INS to come up with the regulation (I hope they do that before my grandson celebrates his 60th wedding anniversary). As I posted earlier, I got the mail from the Senator who has asked me to give him or his office a call if I don\'t hear from him over the next two weeks. I will keep you guys update. I have already posted the reply that I got from the senator in one of my previous postiong.Please, share your info. and keep this IGATE forum alive. Hoping for the best

No Title

Hey peer....am still here with no news. But I definetly know two of our peers who got their amended I140 approved in the month of may and waiting for I485 approval. They also visit this board quiet often. I do not why they are not posting their approvals. I can\'t ask them to do so since it wud be kinda forcing them right?

I am sure there are many like these two so please come forward and post the updates. It will give us hope.

My amended I-140 was filed 04/11

No Title

Hi Guys
Count me in too. My Amended I140 was filed by the LD on 4/30. No receipt yet. Case is on hold!

PD - 10/98, ND - 9/99, FP - 8/00, No RFE

Thanks

No Title

I received the copy of the notice for I140 amend. Still waiting..

PD 03/96 ND 06/99 FP 01/01

Goodluck to all of the fellow IGATErs...

No Title

Hi Guys,
I\'m still waiting! My I140 was filed on 4/12. I know quite
a few guys who are in the same boat.

As fas as company doing something about the HOLD goes, it is
obvious that the company cannot do anything about it. But
the attorney can/must do something about it. It is very
clear that they do not want to help us out in this regard.
Bottomline is, the company does not want to see us getting
our GCs rapidly!!

But, we\'ll get there!

No Title

Hara Pata, Do you think talking to attorney\'s will help us. If so, let\'s all of talk to our attorney\'s directly to see what and how they can help us get out of this mess at the earliest. I don\'t mind paying the legal fee or whatever it is to expedite our cases. Please suggest.

No Title

I wrote to a senator from my state about all my situation with amended I-140/pending I-485 and got a reply from his office that they will send an inquiry to INS... senator name is Arlen Spector, he is a member of Subcommittee on Immigration within Judiciary Committee in Senate - may be this will work in a proper direction...

No Title

Recently VSC seems to be concentrating on approving 2000 cases. I am happy to see the 2000 applicants receiving their applications, but at the same time it pains and hurts to see all of us from 1999 still waiting. I started the process in 1996 and am still waiting. Not sure when it will come and how much longer ?
Why does VSC not finish off with the 1999 cases before going ahead with 2000 cases ? Do you guys know why ? I think, it is all a game of numbers and averages for VSC. They are letting 1999 cases accumulate dust while they work on the 2000 cases so that their I485 average processing time looks good. I think that is what is driving this unfair treatment to \'old\' cases. Because, the workload to process a case is similar whether it is filed in 1999 or 2000. There is no other way I can explain this mess. If you guys can think about other reasons please share. Sharing info. will hopefully ease our pain.

No Title

There could be one more reason too. This is especially with respect to our company case. People who got their LC approved under the new name and filed their I-485 under the same don\'t have any issues like company name change etc., It\'s all our bad luck. Initially LD says there is no need for an amended I-140. They said it with utmost confidence. Now they are saying amended I-140 is required or needed. You know, if we are not good at our work or knowledge, then, the client never keeps us. This should be true for all fields in all areas. One more weekend goes. No GC yet. One more day to add to my already 570 plus days of waiting........

No Title

I am in the same boat guys. My amended I140 was filed on mid April (RD is Sep 99). I did not receive any sort of formal notification for my amended I140. However, I did make some emails to my PM and finally I was able to get a copy of the amended I140.

I was able to talk to the IIO after I had received the amended I140. She seemed to be helpful and informed me that my I140 has been linked to the 485. However no Officer has taken up the case. I then told her my problem that I keep hearing of guys with dates very much after mine getting thier approvals. She listened with interest, and then told me that she would try to move my case to some officer.

However, I have recieved no further news from INS, and the AVM message is the same as always.

Now, I am also thinking of writing to my Senator, who happens to be Arlen Spectra. Does this help in any way ???

No Title

ins closes at what time ?? i have been trying to call ins to link my i-485 to amended i-140 . i would really appreciate for your answers

No Title

Thanks DaBolke.

I am tryin for the last 1 1/2 hours now. I have am dialling the no 802-527-4913. I hope the no is right. Is evening a tough time to get to the INS or what ?? Please respond

No Title

Hi,

Me tooo...
PD Current as of June,IGTE filed for I140 in May .
Called IIO,she asked me whether my employer filed for I140.Said Yes.(There was an RFE on Feb for Employment Letter).Was not aware I could like it with the A# number.Anyway planning to call after 2 weeks and try to link to the I140 which I think will atleast enter into the system keeping in mind the news abt the backlog in the mail room..

One more question : Does the amended I140 needs to be approved for the 485 to get approved? Or once it is filed,does the 485 gets approved????Any ideas?? thanks a lot

PD 09/98,RD/ND 09/99,FP 09/00,RFE -Employment Letter Feb01,Pro-active I140 - May 01 (rcpt not yet rcvd tho\')

No Title

613 days since I-485 filed, waiting.... I hope get before 1000 days!!
EB3/ PD=10/98 / India / Igate / Amended I-140 file in 5/2001!! only God knows when I will get the approval!!!!!! GOD are you there? Please help me and help INS to pick my file!