Where Are You My Friends - All Igaters

No Title

Came back after a few day to visit this site. Though not from Igate I enjoy the company of Igaters who posted a lot of info on this board on the name change issue. One has very limited options at this time. No one knows when AC21 memo /guidelines will come (or whether they will come
anytime in the near future) and when people who were fed up after being being on hold for 4/5/6 months started filing 140 redo cases INS VSC is not even promptly opening the mail and sending receipt notices.
Its the poor petitioner who suffers through this torture with the fear that longer the wait the chance of a layoff before 485 approval increases in this slowing economy.

No Title

cool_bandha,
we really appreciate your postings and effort.I hope we all will be out of this tunnel soon.

No Title

I dont understand one thing (among so many others)

My I140 receipt was recieved by LD in 2nd week of may. The posting on the website says that they have distributed the Copies to be mailed to respective HR Reps. But HR Rep is telling me that they have not recieved it and that LD will send it directly.

Whom to believe. I am not supposed to call LD directly. This is a big bottleneck. Some of you had it faxed to you by HR Reps. How did you manage it?

No Title

once (this Tuesday, actually) I was able to get through 10 minutes before 4:00 PM EST and still had a good talk with IIO

No Title

Phil Spears,

Thanks for sharing info about your peers amened I140 approval. One good news a day will keep worries away.

No Title

ohgod, send an email to LD (WR) you know whom I am talking about. She is really good in sending a prompt reply. I hope
she don\'t lie and whatever info. that she gives is the right information. Good Luck man.

No Title

Friends,

was in training last week. So could not update the details. My ammended i140 approved on may 17th. So far no 485 approval.

No Title

deejjjaaaa, I saw posting by you stating that LD has received 30 amended I-140 approvals.Thanks for sharing the info.
Did you talk to any one in Legal directly to get this info. Could you please let me know how did you come
to know about this. I got an email from LD yesterday evening (4:10 p.m.) and even in that LD mentioned that they
did not receive any further I-485 or amended I-140 approvals and no receipt notices yet for May cases.Thanks again.

No Title

first of all - I did not say 30, but ~30 (approx)

if mail from LD is about "may" cases - then it is correct - because I am an "april" case - and I believe that other "lucky" ones are also "april" cases...

No Title

LD is sending those papers to ESC first of all (at least it was so ~3 weeks ago), so I got my receipt notice from a lady in ESC

No Title

Friends, I heard from my one of my friend who lives in New Jersey got his GC approval letter yesterday. He is with Emplifi. His ND was in Sept. 1999 and he received one RFE back in late 2000 for employment letter and pay stub. His PD became current in June 2001. His amended I-140 was filed during the second week of May, 2001. I am not sure whether the amended I-140 triggered his approval. Good luck to him and hop we all get to that soon.

No Title

whatthehell,

Thanks for bringing one more good news for igate employee. He is now a free bird. Hope we will all be free soon.

No Title

I suppose this is a case of \'Visa Availability\' and not a \'Name change case". As soon as his PD becase current, he got his approval. He may not even have his I-140 amended into the INS computer yet.

Any one else with any other thoughts?

No Title

Whatever it is, it\'s good for him. I don\'t understand why VSC is following different approach among employees of the same
company. I am really happy for him. But at the same time it\'s so frustating to see that these VSC officers don\'t follow the same
guidelines for each of us. Another friend of mine whose PD was April 97 and his RD/ND is on Sept (first week) 1999. He
like me have not received any RFE so far. His amended I-140 was filed during the first batch and he received his receipt
notice for the same and the ND was around 4th week of April. He called INS last week and was told that he will hear
something on or before end of this month. I am waiting for my I-140 receipt notice which was filed on May 1st week. Don\'t
know how long the wait is going to be? Does any one know, whether VSC will set aside our cases b/c it\'s aging out(which
it did already). At this point my only hope is the Senator to whom I wrote a letter couple of weeks back.

No Title

hi,

I have a question? Is your friend send the I-140 ammend after Immigration find and ask for it. If it so, then it should not related to the PD. Would you check with your friend how would he get it through.

Thanks

CAV

No Title

CcatVSC, my friend did not get the RFE for I-140 Redo. He got the RFE only for employment letter and couple of recent pay stubs. LD filed his amended I-140 during the second week of May and he still haven\'t received the receipt notice for the same. Hope this answers your question. His PD became current in June. Lucky person.

No Title

Friends, I came to know from my friend who got his GC approval letter on saturday that his friend who also got one RFE for employment letter and pay stub late 2000 got his GC approved. This person is also with Emplifi. His amended I-140 was filed during the same second week of May as that of my friend. I personally know two true evidence that two of our colleagues got approved recently. This is a good news. I wish we all would have received some RFE earlier which would have helped us in a different way. Let\'s wait and watch. For both of them, the AVM is still not yet updated.