When to Apply for GC for my wife?

Football01

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I have my Oath Ceremony next month and I would like to know when I can apply for my wife adjustment of status. We applied for I-130 a while ago and they sent us an approval letter about a month ago. However, I would like to know when I am eligible to apply for her GC is it right after the ceremony or do I need to wait for my Citizenship Certificate to come in the mail?
Thanks

So I guess I can apply for her the next day. Great.
Is there a limit of how many people I can sponsor. I would like to sponsor my wife, mother and father and I think I meet the income requirements. Does applying for all 3 of them at the same time slow down or affect my wife's application any how? do you know?

So I guess I can apply for her the next day. Great.
Is there a limit of how many people I can sponsor. No limit as far as I know.

I would like to sponsor my wife, mother and father and I think I meet the income requirements. Yes, you can sponsor the entire village if you could. You parents and wife will be fine. :)

Does applying for all 3 of them at the same time slow down or affect my wife's application any how? do you know? No. It actually speed the process up, because you have to focus on all cases at once and once they are approved, you are done with immigration for parents and wife for now..:D

My contribution above and Congratulations on your upcoming oath ceremony. Couple of questions, is your wife in the US? Are you aware that they all need to do medical exams? Are your parents and wife in the US?

My contribution above and Congratulations on your upcoming oath ceremony. Couple of questions, is your wife in the US? Are you aware that they all need to do medical exams? Are your parents and wife in the US?

Thank you.
yES, all 3 are in the U.S.

Do we still pay the full $1010 for I-485 even thought we paid $355 for I-130?

Yes, you are going to pay $1010 each for 3 people, plus another $355 each for mom and dad Ouch...ouch...immigration process cost some serious money, plus the cost of medical exams for all three, budget for about $200 per person, $600. Good luck...:) Remember, you can send all of the application in one large envelope. For your wife, include the approval letter for I-130.

Yes, you are going to pay $1010 each for 3 people, plus another $355 each for mom and dad Ouch...ouch...immigration process cost some serious money, plus the cost of medical exams for all three, budget for about $200 per person, $600. Good luck...:) Remember, you can send all of the application in one large envelope. For your wife, include the approval letter for I-130.

Holly.....:eek:
I just counted $4340 without Lawyer's fees...:eek::confused:
Thanks for the info.

Holly.....:eek:
I just counted $4340 without Lawyer's fees...:eek::confused:
Thanks for the info.

F,

You don't need a lawyer, this is the most simple process of immigration you will ever be involved in. Don't be overwhelmed at all, you need to complete all of this forms:

Wife, I-485, I-693 (medical form) G-325A (one for you and one for wife).

Parents: I-130/I-485/ I-693 and G-325A.

All that a lawyer does is to ask a paralegal to complete the form while you are there, mail them out. USCIS send them the Notice of Actions, they forward them to you, USCIS schedule interview, lawyer office forwards that to you. You are approved, USICS send the GC and the lawyer forwards it to you. Unless you have a complex legal problem, no need for a lawyer in my own opinion. :rolleyes: See that, OWN OPINION, if your bank account is full to te seams with $$$, do what makes you happy and comfortable. This forum can help you throughout the process for free, because people on this board have been through the immigration system and bring a bus load of hands-on experience...:)

F,

You don't need a lawyer, this is the most simple process of immigration you will ever be involved in. Don't be overwhelmed at all, you need to complete all of this forms:

Wife, I-485, I-693 (medical form) G-325A (one for you and one for wife).

Parents: I-130/I-485/ I-693 and G-325A.

Thanks for the info. I think I won't use a lawyer for this. However, my father has a pending case that he would like to withdraw first and I don't know how to do that. Do you think I can find some information on how to withdraw an existing application and submit a new one for him?

However, my father has a pending case that he would like to withdraw first and I don't know how to do that. Do you think I can find some information on how to withdraw an existing application and submit a new one for him?

Have your father write a letter to the USCIS service center where the application is pending, asking to withdraw the application. What is the application for, by the way?

It was an amnesty from back in 1982 I think, they keep giving them work permits but no decision has been made yet for thousands of people since then.

:eek:
It was an amnesty from back in 1982 I think, they keep giving them work permits but no decision has been made yet for thousands of people since then.

In 1982? :confused: It's been so long that Reagan was still a new president, and we've had Reagan x 2, Bush, Clinton X 2, Bush X 2 and now Obama. This was still with INS, now USCIS? Old old...case dude but do what Triple suggested. However, he can still use the 1982 mail stamp...:D

:eek:

In 1982? :confused: It's been so long that Reagan was still a new president, and we've had Reagan x 2, Bush, Clinton X 2, Bush X 2 and now Obama. This was still with INS, now USCIS? Old old...case dude but do what Triple suggested. However, he can still use the 1982 mail stamp...:D

Yes tell me about it:confused::)
This is why we want to start a new process for him. I want to make sure we can keep him in a legal status until his I-130 is approved. The time between withdrawing his old old old application and his I-130 approval may be criticle for his status. Don't you think?

Yes tell me about it:confused::)
This is why we want to start a new process for him. I want to make sure we can keep him in a legal status until his I-130 is approved. The time between withdrawing his old old old application and his I-130 approval may be criticle for his status. Don't you think?

No..no...non... Just file for I-130/485 at once, once both your parents are called for interviews (not sure is necessary), the i-130 will be approved at once along with the I-485. If you want to file them separately for financial reasons, I understand. However, you can file all the forms at once to improve the chances of both their GC being approved all at once. When you are a USC, the I-130 is approved quicker and the I-485 is done in the same process, to ensure that your relatives (wife and parents) aren't capped by visa limitations.

In responding to your last question, once they acknowledge withdrawal of the old petition, file immediately all paperwork which will keep him in the 1982 status for now while his new petition is pending. Depending on where you life, is possible both your family members could have their GC within the 6-9 months. Since he has alien number, use it in the application forms. The old petition won't affect the new filing, because this is by an immediate family member.