When should I file?

uhmmmmm, just got a red light camera ticket in the mail for a "Late Time" of 0.5s.... No points, no record, only 100USD fine in Philly, will it matter for application other than let the IO know? ..... Thanks....

Not only is it inconsequential, but you shouldn't even disclose it. Red light camera tickets are issued to the vehicle, not the driver.

I didn't disclose any of my tickets, but I will be taking my driving record with me. If you want, you can do that.

Red light camera tickets aren't included on the driving record, as they are not issued to the driver. The camera snaps a photo of the license plate when the vehicle runs the red light. It has no way of knowing who is actually behind the wheel. It's an equivalent of a parking ticket.

But, aren't parking tickets then automatically linked to the registered owner of the vehicle? The burden of proof is on the owner to then say he or she wasn't the driver, right? Isn't a red-light camera ticket similar?

While there are constant arguments about disclosing or not disclosing traffic tickets, the general consensus is that parking tickets don't need to be disclosed. You are correct in the sense that parking tickets are the FINANCIAL responsibility of the registered owner. However, they are not issued to the owner, but to the vehicle.

I heard that show too! Bloody interesting, eh?

Anyway DocyBear, sorry for your denial. I might have a similar experience to look forward to (read= DREAD) because I studied abroad too and I just sent in my N400. The only possible difference I see (if I'm not mistaken) is that I didn't leave the US immediately after I got my GC, and I divided my time in such a way that I never stayed past 6 months (I tried to leave and return to the US as late and early as possible so as to have as much time here as I could). Also, my family remained in the US. Could you share your experience in a little more detail (so that we can try to judge what happened to your last application, and so that I can also learn from it and see if I can use it to my advantage this time around).

Thanks.

hey your situation is different from mine, I was out for sch with my parents working abroad and the trip were more than 6 months. I think you should be fine from my experience at least because you have retained your primary abode here in the states. As long as you can show them your parents and siblings all remained in the united states for those time periods and you got access to your home, you should be fine. Mine was totally different because my parents started working abroad for a long time, and they don't have a property here in the states. Our address with IRS was listed as overseas etc. Hope this helps and all the best!!!!

And my thanks to those who helped with my qns regarding the red light camera tic =D

DocyBear, thanks for the pep talk. What documents did your lawyer suggest you provide to prove continuous residency (that the IO didn't let you show)?

DocyBear, thanks for the pep talk. What documents did your lawyer suggest you provide to prove continuous residency (that the IO didn't let you show)?

hello again! like tax document on which i was a dependent, enrollment verification from my school abroad, college and med sch acceptance in the states. i would suggest u get a affidavit from your parents stating they were in the states the entire time you were overseas, and their place is your primary abode and you had access to it whenever you wanted during that period of time. Bring everything that show your permanent home is here and you own nothing out of the states. Showed that you maintained a car registration,credit card bill etc. I am basically suggesting this list from the reasons that was list in my denial letter; pri abode is the biggest!!!!! ;D

got my interview date last week, really excited!! I did FP a week earlier in another state, wonder if the interview can also be moved up ( i wish rite?) ahaha

Hi Guys,

I want to apply for citizenship. I have 7 trips outside US total of 362 days. I never passed a 6 month period outside US but for this year I have only 3 days inside US.
Do I meet their requirements? If I am travelling abroad again will I loose my green card? For the last time entering the US the IO yield on me that I am outside of US and I will loose my green card if I meet one year. I do not really understand why? I do not overstay any time. My longest stay was 4 months. How many time can I stay outside for a 6 month period? What if I leave again after I sending the N400?
Please guys who know the answer help me out. Than ks.