what to take to oath?

smee

Registered Users (C)
hi,
in chicago, with oath scheduled for 6/19. the letter seems to say that all i need to take is the oath letter and my green card and i'm assuming two photos. what does other immigration documents mean? should i take the letter saying i had passed my interview? or should i take my whole dossier with all relevant documents? i have not traveled since my interview.
i was just looking at my post interview letter. it is very clearly marked that i passed civics and english and passed the interview. there are some Xes next to second review of english speaking etc but no exam required. i was kind of confused. i think i am definitely good to go as it clearly says i passed and i was heartily congratulated by the IO.
any additional english requirement would be bizarre as i'm a political science professor who has spoken english since childhood and read and wrote the necessary sentences at the interview and spoke fluent english throughout. kinda weird. maybe it's standard?
bottom line, no worries here, right? passed interview, correct box checked certifying i had passed, received oath letter. i think it's all good.
so would appreciate any feedback on the oath ceremony.
thanks guys!
smee

I took the letter from IO, oath letter, GC and extra photos. It was only two days after interview and did not have any travel or tickets or other change in status.

Hi Smee,
congrats on your oath notice. when did you pass your i/w in Chicago ?? and when did you receive your Oath notice ? we (me and wife) passed our i/w in the 1st week of May and till now we are waiting for the oath notice.

can you please reply.

thank you.

I'm just wondering why someone would need to take photos to your oath ceremony?
My oath is next week and no where on the letter does it say to bring two photos....
just wondering :)

I'm just wondering why someone would need to take photos to your oath ceremony?
My oath is next week and no where on the letter does it say to bring two photos....
just wondering :)

That was suggested as a backup in case there's a slight chance that your original photos weren't good.