• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What to do next

Lazder

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have been selected for DV and so far sent the 2 forms I dont remember the names, something like 230 and 122 and have got conformation that they are OK and my case is being processed further... So do I need to do anything else, apart from gathering documents for interview?

Its just that I seen some people mailing money for DV before interview and I got confused.

Thank you for help

Hi, I have been selected for DV and so far sent the 2 forms I dont remember the names, something like 230 and 122 and have got conformation that they are OK and my case is being processed further... So do I need to do anything else, apart from gathering documents for interview?

Its just that I seen some people mailing money for DV before interview and I got confused.

Thank you for help

As you said, you have to gather all the required documents. High school certificate/transcripts, birth certificate, marriage certificate if married, etc. And then you have to wait till your case gets current. What is your case number by the way, and which country do you belong to?

EU 16000 high, UK

Given your case number of 16***, I think you will get current somewhere around June 2013 max. It could even be before June also. Keep an eye on the monthly bulletin, and the cut-off number for Europe. For November we have 7000 cut-off number for Europe, which means that case numbers below 7000 would be interviewed in November. Let's hope the cut-off numbers start moving faster so that you could get current earlier than June. Till that time, try to get everything in order! You can check the monthly visa bulletin on http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html. And the upcoming bulletin is soon to be released, I guess on 12th October.

Best wishes

The people you've noticed making DV, payments are those doing AOS processing. You shouldn't bother about payment for now if you're doing CP (Consular Processing), DV payment will be made at the time of your interview.

Thank you for help

could someone please help thank you

hi, respected sir ans madam
I have been selected for DV,my case number is 2013AF00034801
I already send the two form and till today I didnt receive any letter or notification from KKC
I saw that some person started already all the other steps,
Is it normal that I didn"t receive any confirmation letter o
I am kind of confused, a previous winner told me that I will recieved the first letter in april is it true

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback

If you're processing your DV Visa through CP, you will not receive any notification or confirmation from KCC following the receipt of your forms. The only people receiving further notification/confirmation from KCC are those doing AOS. You're likely to be current between March - May 2013, your interview notification may be sent between Feb. - Apr. Meanwhile you can use the waiting period to start gathering your documents (if you haven't started that process already).

hi, respected sir ans madam
I have been selected for DV,my case number is 2013AF00034801
I already send the two form and till today I didnt receive any letter or notification from KKC
I saw that some person started already all the other steps,
Is it normal that I didn"t receive any confirmation letter o
I am kind of confused, a previous winner told me that I will recieved the first letter in april is it true

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback

If you're processing your DV Visa through CP, you will not receive any notification or confirmation from KCC following the receipt of your forms. The only people receiving further notification/confirmation from KCC are those doing AOS. You're likely to be current between March - May 2013, your interview notification may be sent between Feb. - Apr. Meanwhile you can use the waiting period to start gathering your documents (if you haven't started that process already).

correct infos

I am in the same situation as Lazder.
I am applying from UK as well, buy my case number is lower. EU000102xx.
When do you think my interview will be?

Thanks!

You could become current in Jan. But then I wouldn't be surprised if the pace picks up and you become current in Dec. Nov's bulletin will shed more light on things.

I am in the same situation as Lazder.
I am applying from UK as well, buy my case number is lower. EU000102xx.
When do you think my interview will be?

Thanks!

With case numbers being so low, I am starting to worry if 16000 will be current. Can someone explain difference between Cp and AOS???

Last edited by a moderator:
CP = Consular Processing: Applicable to people processing visa lottery wins through the US embassies in their respective countries

AOS = Adjustment of Status: Applicable to DV lottery winners already in the US legally and who would like to process their win from within the US.

With case numbers being so low, I am starting to worry if 16000 will be current. Can someone explain difference between Cp and AOS???