what to do after 15 yrs.?help!!

easycomeeasygo

Registered Users (C)
hey I'm new to this site and i hope that i get something out of this because i really need some advice...I came here from Poland about 15 years ago when i was 6,7 under a false name so it's like i never actually came here now i don't know what to do or how to get my green card since I'm "not even here" i heard if i go back now I'll be banned for ten yrs..which to me is crazy since this is my home i don't even know how to speak polish that well for me to be deported back...please any information would be great!!

How did you come in under a false name when you were just 6-7 years old? I need actual details, did you use a passport, was it a U.S. citizen's passport, did you just cross the border illegally. I mean, someone must have brought you here. If you can, you should ask them how it happened.

Are your parents U.S. citizens? Do you have a spouse or any children who are U.S. citizens?

I was told by my mother that she paid someone from Poland to pretend to be my parents.They gave me a polish passport which had a different name to make it look like i was their kid and that we were going on a vacation as a family.. the guy who brought me here was an ex-pilot and he had done it before many times.My mother is about to get her green card in November after like 20 years because she got married..even if she could sponsor me i wouldn't want to wait that long especially with the fact that it would be more complicated since i don't even have a visa to start with.I tried reaching out to my"friends"for help but all of them are to scared to lift a finger maybe because there not familiar with this situation..no kids no wife.hope that helps..please anything advice would be greatly appreciated.

Get an immigration lawyer. This is complicated because your mother is still in the country and about to get her green card - with your situation it might jeopardize hers. This is tricky because you may be opening up a can of worms. But none the less you need to protect yourself.

I never had a lawyer but i was advised by 2 or 3 about this situation and they all say the same thing which is there is nothing much they can do except wait for laws to change or basically do nothing....seems like all they want to do is take your money.I cant just sit around and do nothing i need to get my life together but i do understand that i need some sort of protection.

I never had a lawyer but i was advised by 2 or 3 about this situation and they all say the same thing which is there is nothing much they can do except wait for laws to change or basically do nothing....seems like all they want to do is take your money.I cant just sit around and do nothing i need to get my life together but i do understand that i need some sort of protection.

Nothing you can do! You entered with inspection but under a false name, you are illegal. Your best bet is to wait to see if Obama grants amnesty, but it looks as if it might not happen with the work situation(no jobs).

If I were you I would go back to Poland. Even if you married a U.S. citizen you still couldn't adjust your status in the U.S. you would have to go back to Poland and apply for a waiver!

Good Luck!

I-751 Timeline
Filed jointly December, 20 2009(Florida)
DO-VSC
RD?
ND?

Conditional PR Timeline...
Married to US Citizen November 11, 2006.
Re-date for I-485, I-130, I-765, 12-11-06
NOA- I-485, I-130, I-765- 12-14
RFE I-485- 12-26
Biometrics(code 3)- done 01-29-07
RFE Received- 02-07-07
LUD I-765 - 02-23-07
Lud I-765 - 02-27-06 APPROVED!
ND- Interview(Tampa), 02-16-07
Interview Date - 03-20-07
LUD- I-485, I-130, 03-01-07
Interview- 03-20-07-APPROVED!!!
LUD I-130 Approved 03-20-07!!!
LUD I-485 Welcome notice sent, Card production ordered 03-23-07
LUD- Welcome notice received 03-27-07
LUD- I485 Approval notice mailed 03-28-07!!!
03-30-07 GC received!
106 days in all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing you can do! You entered with inspection but under a false name, you are illegal. Your best bet is to wait to see if Obama grants amnesty, but it looks as if it might not happen with the work situation(no jobs).

If I were you I would go back to Poland. Even if you married a U.S. citizen you still couldn't adjust your status in the U.S. you would have to go back to Poland and apply for a waiver!

Good Luck!

I-751 Timeline
Filed jointly December, 20 2009(Florida)
DO-VSC
RD?
ND?

Conditional PR Timeline...
Married to US Citizen November 11, 2006.
Re-date for I-485, I-130, I-765, 12-11-06
NOA- I-485, I-130, I-765- 12-14
RFE I-485- 12-26
Biometrics(code 3)- done 01-29-07
RFE Received- 02-07-07
LUD I-765 - 02-23-07
Lud I-765 - 02-27-06 APPROVED!
ND- Interview(Tampa), 02-16-07
Interview Date - 03-20-07
LUD- I-485, I-130, 03-01-07
Interview- 03-20-07-APPROVED!!!
LUD I-130 Approved 03-20-07!!!
LUD I-485 Welcome notice sent, Card production ordered 03-23-07
LUD- Welcome notice received 03-27-07
LUD- I485 Approval notice mailed 03-28-07!!!
03-30-07 GC received!
106 days in all.

Can't i just apply for a wavier here in the u.s?I'm really trying to avoid going back that's my last resort and if i get this waiver what does that allow me to do???

Can't i just apply for a wavier here in the u.s?I'm really trying to avoid going back that's my last resort and if i get this waiver what does that allow me to do???

Just like TheRealCanadian said, no. You would have to go back home and do it there(if you were married to a U.S. citizen which you are not) And you only qualify for the waiver if you are married to a U.S. citizen, none else.

Because of your illegal presence that started on your 18th birthday there is NO legal way for you to stay here. I know that is terrable to say but it's the truth.

Ok i know I'm being a pain but i got two more questions if i was to get married here and than go to Poland to apply for a waiver.. in the time that I'm leaving would i be banned for ten years?? and if i was would that affect my chance to apply for a waiver from Poland?also what about joining the army any chance there for a green card or temp status??

Yep the minute you leave you are getting banned and since you cannot adjust you are in between a rock and a hard place unfortunately. If you had left before turning 18 and came in legally it would not have been an issue for you. But once you turn 18 you start accuring illegal presence and yours currently amounts up to a 10 year ban.

No idea on the army portion but since illegal i doubt they would accept you, but i have no idea in it, just an opinion.

Ok i know I'm being a pain but i got two more questions if i was to get married here and than go to Poland to apply for a waiver.. in the time that I'm leaving would i be banned for ten years?? and if i was would that affect my chance to apply for a waiver from Poland?also what about joining the army any chance there for a green card or temp status??

First off you are not being a pain!

To join the army you already have to have your Green Card, or be a U.S. citizen. You cannot simply join just for a Green Card, you must already be a permanent resident alien. Illegal immigrants cannot join. Ie here is the link, look at the bottom of the page under general qualifications:

http://www.goarmy.com/JobCatList.do?redirect=true&fw=careerindex&bl=

The best solution for you, go back to Poland. I know you grew up here, but being here in the U.S. right now means you have no shot at any legal status at this point. As I said even being married you would have to go back to Poland, then apply for a waiver for the 10 yr ban that would more then likely be denied.

My story is much like yours. I came here from Canada at 11, went through labor certification through my father which later failed so we moved back. I then re-entered at 18 with student visa, also to be with friends, went to school to be a paramedic, and overstayed(8 yrs to be exact). But my point here is I could prove I entered with the student visa as I still had it, I even had my admission number. You cannot prove you entered, legally at this point. I then married my wife and went through AOS.

Right now you have 2 real shot's for something. Shot 1- Wait for reform of some sort with Obama. But honestly with the senate and house of reps that might not happen.

Shot 2- I don't endorse or advise this but-If you entered under a false name then there is no way of the INS knowing that you are here right? Do you have a Driver License? SS#, any evidence that you even exist here? If not you could go back to Poland, and maybe re-enter as a student, or some other type of professional visa. Cause if you entered under a false name nobody knows who you really are. Also, maybe you might really find love and get married on your visa, ie student or whatever??

Those are really the only two possibilties I see for you....

Good luck to you!

But, I doubt his fake passport is still valid. He'll have to get another fake one?

No, if he used a fake one to enter it's simply for him(actually better) He simply returns home, then comes back on a visa with a real passport(best bet is a student visa). He could return with a real passport with his real name.

As I said if he entered with a fake name nobody knows he is here if he has used that fake name for the yrs he has been here. He could then re-enter with his real name and nobody would know he ever existed in the U.S, INS wouldn't know. Even if INS had documentation from his entry that long ago they couldn't prove it was him because he could re-enter with his real name.

That's why I asked him if he had a driver license with his real or fake name, SS#, job, what name has he used for all this??the fake or real one??

Simply for him. Return to Poland, apply for passport with his real name, then return to U.S. on visa. He could enter on a visitor, student, ect visa...

Once again I don't endorse this, nor am I telling him to do this. He is over 18!

There are plenty of folks in the US without an I-94; they won't stop him from leaving if he doesn't have one. I've never been asked for an I-94.

TheRealCanadian is right. I have never been asked to surrender my I-94 returning home. Your home country is not interested in a U.S. document. He is a citizen of Poland, they cannot keep him out.