What happens after you return from "Country of Persecution" with GC:

I think her record would be availible to the US regardless her Canadian GC/Citizen status.

3:) Since she is a Canadian GC holder, Canadian immgration won't send her coming back to Canada record to US.

Check this link out or read this:

Travel information for customers flying to, from, via the United States

MONTRÉAL, September 28, 2005 - Commencing October 4, 2005, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security will require airlines to collect additional Advance Passenger Information (APIS) from customers travelling to, from, and via the United States.

Under the existing APIS program, passengers checking-in for flights to or from U.S. destinations or with an itinerary that includes a U.S. destination, are currently required to provide the following information in advance:

Full Name
Citizenship
Passport Number
As of October 4, 2005, airlines will be required to collect the following additional information upon check-in:

Passport country of issuance (if passport required)
Passport expiry date (if passport required)
Travel Document Type
Country of residence
For customers travelling to the U.S., address for the first night in the U.S. (for non U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents)
Alien registration number, where applicable

surprise77 said:
I totally aggree with Lazerthegreat. But here is what happend to my friend. She got GC through Asylee last year(ND 99 Application) and she recently got her Canadian GC approved( Through Career). She recently plan to go back to her orginal country to see her old parents, she said she hasn't seen them for 10 years!!! These are her points:

1:) She plan to use RTD to travel to Canada and then go back to her country use NP and back to Cannada with NP and Canadian GC and back to US with RTD and US GC.

2:) She said her lawyer told her airlines won't take any records when she leaves Canada even US.

3:) Since she is a Canadian GC holder, Canadian immgration won't send her coming back to Canada record to US.

Is it safe for her to do this kind of thing? If it is, I will warn her.

qlyus said:
Did you say that your GC was approved in 08/05?

Did you have GC when entering at JFK?

Did you still go to back room?

-qlyus

Yes I was approved.
But I did not bother to bring my GC. So, I only presented my RTD. No questions. The guy looked at me, like, all right, just go to the backroom to get your RTD stamped. The stamping guy used 5 seconds to do so.

I see.
Thanks for clarifying.
-qlyus

windywd said:
Yes I was approved.
But I did not bother to bring my GC. So, I only presented my RTD. No questions. The guy looked at me, like, all right, just go to the backroom to get your RTD stamped. The stamping guy used 5 seconds to do so.

windywd said:
Yes I was approved.

I thought once you are a PR, you can't enter the country unless you have a Green card in hand? If your RTD still says Asylee..did the officer ask you where your GC was?

wantmygcnow said:
I thought once you are a PR, you can't enter the country unless you have a Green card in hand? If your RTD still says Asylee..did the officer ask you where your GC was?

I did see him swiping my RTD and inputting my A# which is on the RTD. I think he just wants to know whether the RTD is valid and I am not the person they singled out for whatever reason. And he let me go...................... RTD alone can serve as a passport, so RTD vs. RTD+GC, makes no difference.

windywd said:
I did see him swiping my RTD and inputting my A# which is on the RTD. I think he just wants to know whether the RTD is valid and I am not the person they singled out for whatever reason. And he let me go...................... RTD alone can serve as a passport, so RTD vs. RTD+GC, makes no difference.

well I think why officer let you go was that he knew in the system that you are PR now. If you were not PR then you would have gone through that back room because they have to issue you I-94. But with GC they put a one line stamp saying "admitted" which is just a formality.

2 Tough questions for the knowledgeable audience :)

Lazerthegreat said:
well I think why officer let you go was that he knew in the system that you are PR now. If you were not PR then you would have gone through that back room because they have to issue you I-94. But with GC they put a one line stamp saying "admitted" which is just a formality.

Hi, guys,
I'm new to this board and I've really enjoyed reading your opinions and experiences.
Now, here are my questions:

First, I was granted asylum in 2000, and filed for AOS in 2002. App still pending, of course.
I got married to a US citizen 2 years ago, and she filed another app for me, which is understandably moving much faster.

First question - when I called the USCIS for an address change, the rep told me I can't have two I485s pending, because one will "mess up the other". I asked her what "mess up" means in her world and she intelligently informed me that "mess up" means "mess up :rolleyes: . Is she right? I personally doubt it, but has anyone else been in the same situation?

Second question - If I get my GC based on my marriage, would it be an issue to return to the "country of persecution"? Would they give me hard time at the airport if I carry a GC based on marriage?

Thanks!

omg_stfu said:
Hi, guys,
I'm new to this board and I've really enjoyed reading your opinions and experiences.
Now, here are my questions:

First, I was granted asylum in 2000, and filed for AOS in 2002. App still pending, of course.
I got married to a US citizen 2 years ago, and she filed another app for me, which is understandably moving much faster.

First question - when I called the USCIS for an address change, the rep told me I can't have two I485s pending, because one will "mess up the other". I asked her what "mess up" means in her world and she intelligently informed me that "mess up" means "mess up :rolleyes: . Is she right? I personally doubt it, but has anyone else been in the same situation?

Second question - If I get my GC based on my marriage, would it be an issue to return to the "country of persecution"? Would they give me hard time at the airport if I carry a GC based on marriage?

Thanks!

Well first of all everything that you have ever done inside the US is part of your immigration history. NO matter how you adjust your status, they would know that you once applied for asylum. If you want to pursue married based adjustment, make sure that you were never illegal or entered the country illegally. If that is the case, stick with your asylum based adjument because they will give you a chance to bypass that illegal issue before issuance of GC. But you get adjusted thru marriage, yes you can travel to home country freely because your GC would show (in a code format) that you adjusted thru marriage.

Lazerthegreat said:
Well first of all everything that you have ever done inside the US is part of your immigration history. NO matter how you adjust your status, they would know that you once applied for asylum. If you want to pursue married based adjustment, make sure that you were never illegal or entered the country illegally. If that is the case, stick with your asylum based adjument because they will give you a chance to bypass that illegal issue before issuance of GC. But you get adjusted thru marriage, yes you can travel to home country freely because your GC would show (in a code format) that you adjusted thru marriage.

Thanks, Lazer.

Well, I've never been illegal. Entered as tourist, changed to student, got asylum.
I do think the family - based AOS will be faster. Matter of fact, we have our interview in mid - December.
Now, do you see any issues with 2 I-485s pending? :confused:

omg_stfu said:
Thanks, Lazer.

Well, I've never been illegal. Entered as tourist, changed to student, got asylum.
I do think the family - based AOS will be faster. Matter of fact, we have our interview in mid - December.
Now, do you see any issues with 2 I-485s pending? :confused:

Having 2 I-485's is perfectly legal. Don't call these phone operators. They are minimum waged people who hate their jobs and don't know anything anyway.
good luck