What documents you change with your new name after become USC

Why do you want to change into a more western sounding one unless you want to fit more? There are plenty of Russian names that are very easy to spell and pronounce. There goes the only reason that you gave for name change in your previous post. I think you want to fit in and also forget your Russian identity. let me guess: bad memories?
Napoleon einstein is an anomaly. He is a christian from a Southern Indian state. Some of those people will change their names if that gets them a dime.

Let me simplify this for you...

My Russian identity has NOTHING to do with my name. If you really believe that one's identity is based on their name, then your concept of identity is seriously flawed. Just so you know, I was 11 when I came to the U.S., and that was 19 years ago. Not only do I not have bad memories of Russia, but I hardly have any memories at all. My identity is AMERICAN, as I did my growing up in the States. Also, last time I checked, I don't believe that I owe you a reason for changing my name, nor do I understand your reason for being so concerned with my name change. Please keep your judgmental views to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with you, Vorpal. Who cares what's the reason in this case, it's your personal business.
As for changing the last name, I think you will have to spell it out anyway as even simple "Smith" can be spelled in a few different ways in English. Unless you pick "Einstein" as your new last name :)

As for changing the last name, I think you will have to spell it out anyway as even simple "Smith" can be spelled in a few different ways in English. Unless you pick "Einstein" as your new last name :)

Haha, can't argue with that! That's one of the reasons why my new last name will only be comprised of 4 letters.

I got my new driver licence, social security card with my new name within a week of applying.
Will do credit cards, banks, online accounts this week.

I got my new driver licence, social security card with my new name within a week of applying.
Will do credit cards, banks, online accounts this week.

Did you first got US passport or went to social security to get a card and applied for driver license? I was told that I have to get driver license first since Passport Agency may need 2 identifications in new name. I'm thinking to move to another state and not sure if I need to change my Cal. driving license.
Also I don't understand how do you prove to credit cards agencies when you call them telling that you changed your name?

I did get my new DL first. I then use the old and new DL to get passport. They copy both.
for credit cards, you need to send in the forms (each credit card has different form) along with your court order and a copy of your new DL