What documents required for 7th year extension?

great guru

Volunteer Moderator
CSC takes about 4 weeks

CSC send receipt notice with in 4 weeks time as soon as the fees are realized at VSC.

If you do not get your receipt after 4 weeks you must contact your attorney immediately.

Application sent to CSC (11th year H1B extn not a premimum ) through VSC on 01/29/2007, receipt received on 2/15/2007. FYI

---------------------------------------------

gc_cis_error,

My 8th year extention was submitted to the California Service center on 11/27/2006 and I have not recieved my approval as yet. Looking at processing times, they are currently (as of today 2/28/2007) processing 12/21/2006 submissions. I was a bit concerned so I have written to my attorney to check. Yours will take a few more weeks I would assume since they have not started working on Januray 07 applications as of yet.

Jawad

NANC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
Its very interesting that you all work togather to get solution.

I have typical issue:

My 6yr H1b expires on Aug. 2007.
My labor is approved on Feb, 2006.
My I-140 is applied on July, 2007.
I got RFE on I-140. I am worried that my I-140 will be denied.

I want to apply for H1B 7th year. extension with premium process
BEFORE
I reply to RFE.

CAN I LEGALLY FILE FOR 7TH YEAR ???
WHAT ARE MY CHANGES TO GET APPROVED MY 7TH YEAR H1B???
(I have all requred docs. including paystubs)

thank you for your interest & time.

-nanc

snowns

Registered Users (C)
I-140 sent in....can I extend my H1B?

Forgive me if this question has been answered numerous times before.

My H1B expires July 30, 2007.

I have DOL approval for PERM.

We are mailing I-140 and Premium Processing tomorrow.

Assuming I-140 gets approved in fifteen days, can I then submit I-485 and then I-129 to extend my H1B?

quickgreencard

Registered Users (C)
7th year extension

I'm in 8th yr of extension till April 2008. My labor petition received RFE (due Delaware issue) and my employer is almost giving up.

If I switch my employer now and file labor in PERM and get it approved, say, in 2 months, ca I go for 9th year extension with new employer based on pending I140? Please help.

ER N

Registered Users (C)
is it possible to get a 1 yr extension if Labor is approved and green card is pending?

what if green card is denied? is it still possible to get an extension? (what if I apply for another green card? is it still possible to get an extension?)

H1b and dependent H4 will expire sept30 2009

to reiterate
1. if I-140 (labor) is already approved, is it still possible to get an extension after the 6th year?
2. What if I-485 (green card if im not mistaken) was initially denied but and appeal pending, is it possible to get and extension past the 6th year?
*the denial said that one may not appeal in the denial, but the our lawyer said we can... a lil sketchy*

Last edited by a moderator:
If possible it is good to wait until 365 days before applying for the extension. You will get it approved from the day of the original H1B expiring.