What category of eligibility do I apply for N400?

petewonders

I received my Green card back in Feb 2017 when by mom married my stepdad and I was entered into the paperwork before I turned 18. Now I want to apply for naturalization, but on the USCIS site there are few choices and I'm not sure which one I fall under.

I know it has to be either:
1) 18 years old+ and has been green card holder for 5 or more years

2) 18 years old+ has been green card holder for 3+ years AND is married to a citizen.

The reason for my uncertainty is that a lawyer that helped us in the past said that I could apply now that its past 3 years, but I'm not the one that married. So do I fall under the first one or the second category? Or do I submit under "others" with a brief explanation about my situation?

Thank you for your help!

Did your mother naturalize on the three year rule before you turned 18? If she did then you may have automatically acquired citizenship at that stage. If not, I can’t see why the lawyer told you you can apply at 3 years. You have turned 18 and have not been married to a USC for 3 years (and I am assuming you are not in the military fast track process) so your only option is to wait until you have had your green card for 5 years and then apply.