what are my options ? divorce

kchoro

Registered Users (C)
I filed under the program DORA in Dallas, I went to the interview and averything when ok. They tell me that because I was married for more then 2 years I was going to get my permanent green card. The problem is this I haven't received my green card in the mail. My interview was 10/30/06 and after 70 days I filed for EAD wish I have already, I'm been married for more then 3 years and my wife wants the divorce because she say she is lesbian and she is with another girl(I have 2 @mails that can prove that). We got married in good faith.
1.If i get the divorce before my applications are approve can I still get my residence?
2.If I stay married to her but separated is that going to affect in anything if she lives somewhere else?
3.There was verbal abuse in the relation so how can I prove it, what I need?
4.what other options I have to keep the green card?
Thank you, I really need some help.

Did they tell you in the interview if your namecheck was complete? If you had an interview on 10/30/06 you should have gotten your GC by now.

I filed under the program DORA in Dallas, I went to the interview and averything when ok. They tell me that because I was married for more then 2 years I was going to get my permanent green card. The problem is this I haven't received my green card in the mail. My interview was 10/30/06 and after 70 days I filed for EAD wish I have already, I'm been married for more then 3 years and my wife wants the divorce because she say she is lesbian and she is with another girl(I have 2 @mails that can prove that). We got married in good faith.
1.If i get the divorce before my applications are approve can I still get my residence?
2.If I stay married to her but separated is that going to affect in anything if she lives somewhere else?
3.There was verbal abuse in the relation so how can I prove it, what I need?
4.what other options I have to keep the green card?
Thank you, I really need some help.

Hi:

The problem is that your application has not been approved yet. However, two observations:

1. What is the rush for getting a divorce? She has been living with this other woman anyway for a while now.

2. There is a good chance that you will not be called for an interview again - the GC will simply arrive one day. Therefore, questions may not be asked about your relationship status, i.e. whether you are married, separated etc.

I wouldnt do anything drastic at this point. Try and delay the divorce and wait it out.

thank you pianoplayer.

the reason she wants the divorce is because she thinks she is going to get in trouble by been married and living spared with different addresses.

let's say I get the divorce in 3 months do I need to let immigration know?
or they know automatically when the divorce is processed ?

She is not going to get in trouble... but the best she can do (and she owes you) is to stick with you (even in different addresses) while you get your GC.

I doubt that USCIS can KNOW when you two get divorced... and if she feels like not cooperating... then point her to the "contract" she signed. The I-864, where she has to support you for well, the next 10 years :p

Thank you guys! I talk to my wife she say she will give me some time but not a year, at lease better then nothing.

ok guys I'm back..HELP

SO now is been 5 months ever since we separated and she just call me yesterday asking for my new address and driver lic. number and she say she going to file for divorce, I didn't wanna give her the info. right then I just said I was going to need to talk to a lawyer to see what I can do..So she does not wanna wait any longer she say she wants to move on and that she doesn't wanna have my last name anymore so..what should I do now? what do you guys think I need to do? I'm going to see a lawyer this weekend but I want opinions too..
I filed for green card 1 year ago I have my work permit wish I just went to renew and send the application 1 month ago and went take the finger prints..
what options I have??
1.- she left me to go live with another girl cuz she say she is lesbian..
2.-If she puts that in the divorce papers is it going to help me if I wanna fight to get my green card with immigration.. We got married in good faith and my life is here I came here when I was 17 now I'm 25 I really feel I belong here..
3. We are been married for more then 3 years.
4. My case is stuck in name check. that's why I still don't have my green card..