We got the I-130 approved, not sure now what to do, please help

mariaqui

Hello, my husband is a mexican citizen. we have three children. We got his I-130 approved, but then they sent it to the National Visa Center. I know we have to get a Visa, but I am not sure what paperwork I need or what to pay (or where to send the payment). I know he has to leave for some time (like 2 years) but we really want to have him legal. Please help!!!!!! What to do with this visa National center for a mexican person.

Thank you so much!

Wait and do nothing. See an attorney and ask about the anticipated I-601A potential for this situation. Proceed with professional assistance.

National Visa Center plays an important role in the immigrant visa process. As mentioned in the previous post, do not worry about it but just wait. This is a routine process only.

Hello, my husband is a mexican citizen. we have three children. We got his I-130 approved, but then they sent it to the National Visa Center. I know we have to get a Visa, but I am not sure what paperwork I need or what to pay (or where to send the payment). I know he has to leave for some time (like 2 years) but we really want to have him legal. Please help!!!!!! What to do with this visa National center for a mexican person.

Not enough information. Are you a US citizen? Is he inside or outside the US? If inside, did he enter the US illegally?

Follow up

Hello,

Yeah, I a was born in the U.S. and yes, he is here with me. Don't I have to submit something? An application for the visa? Not sure what paperwork I have to send. I get worried about the waiting and not actively doing something, but I can find any instructions anywhere and I cannot pay for a lawyer, please help!

Thanks!

He was here illegally

Hello, oh yeah, he is here illegally. He came a few years back (2001). He came illegally and has never had a visa. Other than that, he has been clean. No criminal record. Please help.

So he entered without inspection? Well in that case, he cannot adjust his status in the US. If he opts for consular processing, then he is banned from re-entering the US for 10 years. A waiver will be needed.

Hello, oh yeah, he is here illegally. He came a few years back (2001). He came illegally and has never had a visa. Other than that, he has been clean.

Thank you so much!

While waiting for his prirority date to become current, subscribe to "Visa Bulletin" so that you will be informed which priority date has been and are current processed.