Waiting for Spouse's approval, Please post here.

LC_Virginia said:
We are STILL waiting for my husband's 485 approval.

I am the primary applicant, and my 485 was approved in December 2004, so he has been waiting for mmore than 6 months now.

We found out that his name check has been completed and the results were received by USCIS from FBI.

No idea what's causing the delay. A status inquiry resulted in the standard "The processing of your case has been delayed" letter in the mail.

Any suggestions/info ?

Thanks.
LC_Virginia.

Have you called VSC / NSC ? If you did, what did they tell you ?

I am in a similar situation, Primary has been approved ( June 30th, so this is recent) but dependent approval is delayed. We tried calling VSC, and the customer representative was really surprized that both cases were not approved together. However, he did not have any info about why the dependent's case was not approved. Got the standard reply - "wait for 30 to 60 days " !!

LC_Virginia said:
We are STILL waiting for my husband's 485 approval.

I am the primary applicant, and my 485 was approved in December 2004, so he has been waiting for mmore than 6 months now.

We found out that his name check has been completed and the results were received by USCIS from FBI.

No idea what's causing the delay. A status inquiry resulted in the standard "The processing of your case has been delayed" letter in the mail.

Any suggestions/info ?

Thanks.
LC_Virginia.

Hi LC_Virginia,

Good to see your post after so many days (months).

I see that your PD is in Oct 2001 and you are EB3. Right now EB3 is unavailable and you do need to wait till Oct 2005 to see what PD is published for EB3.

My wife's case was also not approved along with mine due to her not receiving the FP notice. Then she did FP in May this year. Around June 15th we came to know that EB3 is going to be retrogressed, so we initiated a status query and also sent in Expedite request FAX. If interested, more details in the thread in my signature. I would suggest that you wait till Oct05. Hopefully the EB3 will be available and PD will be somewhere in 2002 (I do not know if you are from a retrogressed country or not). At that time, send in the Expedite request FAX, that will help.

Best of luck.

What is this??

HI

I have completely a different issue than u guys . My wife is here in US and my baby too She got born in here. The problem is INS does not approve the I-130 for us even I 'm a US citizen. So my wife remains without papers in here Going back...!!!! Real problem Who knows how long I'm gonna wait for.
Please if anybody have any clue Tell us please. :confused:

my 485 was approved on 4/16/05 (EB1), still waiting for my spouse's.
Called VSC, the rep is very nice. He told me that name check request was sent to FBI on 12/16/04. Still waiting for the result. He also provided the FBI name check request email, which we have already known. Just sent out an expedite request to FBI.
reachsky

I was approved on Jul 4 '05 and waiting for my spouse's approval.

Here are my case details:

I-485 ND:Aug 25 2004 AD:Jul 04 2005
I-140 ND:Aug 04 2003 AD:Jul 02 2003
EAD/AP :Aug 25 2005 AD:Oct 15 2004
FP : Apr 23 2004-done

Spouse :
I-485 ND:Apr 11 2005 AD:?
EAD ND:Apr 11 2005 AD: Apr 26 2005
AP ND:Apr 11 2005 AD:Jun 01 2005
FP: No FP yet

Guys, found that my spouse's case is pending due

to pending background check. But, we both received mail from FBI regarding name check that it's processed and sent to USCIS long ago. Is this different than back ground check. If so, how to get info about background check. Please let me know.

The FBI check is done very early in the GC process. The background check comes into picture just before approval, and there have been cases that get inordinantly delayed becuase of this. This is a process that you may have to just wait out.
All the best.

Any updates?

Just cheking for updates...did anyone get further along with their spouse's cases? reachsky,srichalam,rams76..pls reply.

I am still stuck. No answers from VSC regarding the delay. Its almost 4months since primary approval now.

Anya4ever said:
Just cheking for updates...did anyone get further along with their spouse's cases? reachsky,srichalam,rams76..pls reply.

I am still stuck. No answers from VSC regarding the delay. Its almost 4months since primary approval now.

My GC was approved in April. Finally, received an email today states that my spouse's case was approved.
I did get FOIPA request and then sent an expedise request some time in July. It might help!

Good luck every one. Our GC Battle finally ended. Will not visit this Forum very often.
Thanks every one in this great forum! You have provide great advises and helps!

Primary Approved a year back and no news on the spouse

I think my case is even worst, my 485 was approved Dec 17th 2004 and My wife's 485 is still pending..I did an enquiry 6 months back and they said they were still waiting on the FBI clearence....Does any one know how to expedite this case?

Primary and Spouse RD: 01/29/2004
Primary approved: 12/17/2004
Spouse RFE 12/19/2004
RFE Answered on Jan some time, and INS received on Feb 23rd.
Since then no updates.