Waiting for Spouse's approval, Please post here.

Robert8 said:
Any one has information here. does spouse automatically converted to adjustee for I485 after primary's approval?

thanks

Information is available in this thread and
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=171824

My I140 was denied once and reopend. My lawyer filed the motion to reopen for only my I140. After reopen of I140, my I485 was reopened automatically. Also my spouse I485 was supposed to be reopened automatically, however it has been not.
USCIS says her I485 has been sent to their storage facility by mistake. They pulled it back and made a decision within 30 days. However, already 30 days passed.

Another USCIS guy told us we should have filed the reopen of spouse's I485. We are so confused because every USCIS guy says different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
dianaghuang said:
hi, please count me in.

Primary 485 approved yesterday, just got the approval email, no spouse's. so I came here. We submited at the same time, do you guys know why? usually they should approve in the same time.

Anya4ever and reachsky, how's your spouse? approved or not? I think I should wait until your spouses got approved then our turn. Is it true that if spouse has a H1 visa would take longer? my spouse and I have the exactly same LUD before primary's approval. How about yours?
No. Still waiting for my spouse's approval. My 485 was approved 4/16/05. Card mailed today but not receive yet. I even submit FOIPA to FBI on 5/3/05, no response yet?????

Name check pending

Hi Reach Sky

I am also in same boat. Mine 485 approved on 05/04/2005 and PP stamped on 05/24/2005. Wife 485 is pending reason being FBI namecheck. Sent an email to FBI Yesterday. Waiting for response.
Do I need send FOIPA right way or wait for some more time for response to my email from FBI? Suggestion please.

Infact my wife is also on H1. Will that really matter for the delay in name check?

saasbot:

we have the same situation. Primary application is approved, spouse is under pending. how do you know it's still under name check? Did you call VSC and they tell you that? did they give you approximately time it will take to complete?

I sent FOIPA and got response within 10 days. I think you can get FOIPA response very soon too. FBI email doesn't really work, I saw people in other thread sending email on end of Dec still didn't get response yet. It takes more than 5 months. Stuck!

Let's keep in touch.

I too got approval for my case, but spouse case is pending. Doesn't make sense this to be the reason, but she was also on H1 when we applied. Can her H1 status be the cause of the delay ?

Spouse case pending due to name check delay since Sep 03.
Primary and kid approved on 30th Nov 04.

No reply for FBI name check email sent on Feb 23. Called INS on May 2nd, she said we should hear in 60 days :confused:

to Anya4ever, 27aug03

hi, when you guys call VSC using the TIP, did they log you? I heard from other thread that if they log you, then you can't call again within 60 days. So I'm thinking if I should call by myself or ask the lawyer to call.

saasbot said:
Hi Reach Sky

I am also in same boat. Mine 485 approved on 05/04/2005 and PP stamped on 05/24/2005. Wife 485 is pending reason being FBI namecheck. Sent an email to FBI Yesterday. Waiting for response.
Do I need send FOIPA right way or wait for some more time for response to my email from FBI? Suggestion please.

Infact my wife is also on H1. Will that really matter for the delay in name check?
You can send FOIPA right away and normally take 10 days to get response. (I did not get any response for one month now.) If no record hit, you might be able to use that to ask FBI expedite your name check. FOIPA is not the same as Name check. Name check do a lot more. From what I heard, if your spouse has H1, they will do more detail investigation. EMAIL to FBI regarding name check might take 5 months to get response. I sent email to FBI at the begining of March. No response yet. Good luck!

dianaghuang said:
hi, when you guys call VSC using the TIP, did they log you? I heard from other thread that if they log you, then you can't call again within 60 days. So I'm thinking if I should call by myself or ask the lawyer to call.

Yes. I think they keep track of the date and name of the person who called. They also ask for DOB sometimes.

When I called last time she said you should hear something in 60 days. I don't know what this 60 days mean, many people seem to have got this reply. Is it just that when we call after 60 days we might hear some progress or do they take some action to speed up the case:(

Last edited by a moderator:
any experience

I wonder what other reasons than name check might delay processing the spouse's case.

Does anyone here whose spouse got approval just wait for 60 days. In this thread, the action on spouse approval range from 2 days to 5 month!

any experience? please share.

dianaghuang said:
Thankyou Reachsky, Did you call VSC for your spouse's pending case? did they log your call so you can only call again after 60 days?
Basically, I called after 30 days without a problem. The second time they told me that they can not told me my spouse's case status due to the privacy act. My spouse will need to call VSC. From what I heard that VSC will log your call. But I don't have problem to call in one month.

Fyi

My wife's case is pending, yet she maintains her dependence status, and her name check is clear.

any other reason? please comment

Robert8: how long has your wife's case being pending for? Did you initiate an inquiry? I think all the reasons around here are just by guessing. sign...

Robert8 said:
My wife's case is pending, yet she maintains her dependence status, and her name check is clear.

any other reason? please comment

it is 4 days behind mine now. we didn't call yet. I am not sure whether the call could help.

good luck to all of us

nothing happened in my case. Attorney said the spouse should get approval within two weeks, but if name check is incomplete, then it will be longer.

Robert8 said:
any updates from guys here?