Waiting for Spouse's approval, Please post here.

who received RFE notice you or Attorney?

GivemeGeeCee,

could you please let me know who received RFE in your wife's case? you or the Attorney.

Reason I want to know is, I changed my job before my I-485 approval and did not file AC-21. My old and new attorney were unclear about timing of filing AC-21. I waited and my case got approved without filing AC-21. Even though my old attorney sent withdrawal notice and new attorney (Rajiv Khanna) office did sent G-28, my I-485 approval notice went to old attorney. Since I had received a courtacy copy, I used it to stamp my passport. No hassels.

My old attorney is not very co-operative and therefore I am concerned to know if we are going to get RFE courtacy copy for my wife or not.
Sorry for the long descrtiption for the small question.

Thanks & Regards

My attorney got the RFE in the mail and then she sent it to me.

I think all the RFEs are sent to attorney. you will get only 485 approval copy.

I am in the same boat.me and my wife did our 485 second FP on sept 28 th 2004.i got mine approved on oct 25 th and got my green card.my wife's 485 is not approved and her FP is also not updated.talked to USCIS customer service and got a letter stating that the case is still pending.now i can call them only after 60 days .I did not get any RFE.
Thank you
485 Receipt date april 2002

Guys,

I send back the medicals to my attorney on tuesday, she received on wed and forwarded to INS on the sameday. They received on Thursday. I got mail today saying they received RFE information..

Any idea How long it will take to get the approval now.

Please advise urgently

GivemeGeeCee or anybody in the same boat,

We received RFE for my wife for medical reasons. We were expecting baby that time therefore, she did not get all the vaccination with new Dr. ?

Now the Dr. who did physical is moved from there. Does she have to do the medical all over again or just complete the vaccination form.

Please let me your experience.

Appreciated.
Dependant:
ND: 09/04/03
RFE: 01/26/05

GivemeGeeCee said:
Guys,

I send back the medicals to my attorney on tuesday, she received on wed and forwarded to INS on the sameday. They received on Thursday. I got mail today saying they received RFE information..

Any idea How long it will take to get the approval now.

you will have to do the vaccination as well as chest x-ray if it was not done at that time.

If doctor is moved from there, i am not sure about that.

If you medical is more than a year old you will have to do it all again. because it is valid for one year only.

GivemeGeeCee said:
If you medical is more than a year old you will have to do it all again. because it is valid for one year only.

That doesnt sound right. Medicals are valid for more than one year. Isn't it.??? :confused:

Thanks

Thanks friends for your prompt reply.

my wife's medical is more than a year old. dr's office said she will have to do all over again. her ppd test was negative that time. only vaccination as left.

i keep you all posted about the developments.

Wait for spouse approval

Hello all,

Mine is labour substitution-EB3,
I-140 Priority date: 5-Oct-1999
Our 485,140 filed concurrently on Apr-2,2004.
We got EAD cards in Jul-2004.
We did finger prints together which was received by USCIS on 22-Dec-2004.
My 485 approved on Jan-19,2004. But my wifes' 485 status is still
"Finger prints received...blah.,.blah.."
No status change after that.
What is this "LUD" that you guys are telling about, someone please explain.

Thanks

Guys,

My wife's case is approved yesterday. So I think I am done with this GC stuff for now.

This forum is really great. Keep the good work up.

Hope you all will get your approval pretty soon.

Hurrah!!!!Spouse I-485 also approved today....

Hurrah!!!! The wait is over....
My spouse approval also came today....

Details:

Labour substituted : 140,485 concurrrently filed
I-140 PD: Oct-5-1999
485,140 ND: 02-Apr-2004
EAD approved: 25-Jul-2004
I140 approved: 14-Aug-2004
FP done for both: 19-Dec-2004
My I-485 AD: 19-Jan-2005
Wife's I-485 AD: 09-Feb-2005

My best wishes to all in this site....
It's been a wonderful experience here...

Got my spouse's approval yesterday, 5 months of my approval.

Since my approval we had contacted the 1-800 number thrice with no outcome. After the last unsuccessful attempt, we contacted the senator (Llyod Doggett from TX) on 02/01/2005. The senator's office informed us on 02/04/2005 that 2 weeks from then we should get a response. Due to the president's holiday on monday, we had planned to follow up with the Senator's office today, but last night we got the approval email. Very thankful to the senator's office for whatever they did.

Thanks for all your help on the board as well.

still_waiting11 (Not any more!)

RD 06/25/02
ND 06/26/02
FP1 Done 08/14/02
FP2 Done 12/23/03
RFE Issued 02/25/04; Recd by Lawyer 03/05/04
RFE Replied 03/25/04; Recd by USCIS 03/26/04
3 EADs (Last one approved on 09/07/04)
3 APs (Last one approved on 09/06/04)
AD for me - 09/20/04
AD for Spouse – 02/22/05

Waiting for Spouse's case

Add me to the waiting list for spouse's 485 approval.

See my sig. for details. When is this going to end? All the wait....

Add me to the list as well

I thought when I received my approval I was done with this "GC" XX, but apparantly not. My spouse has not been approved yet. I read this thread for the first time and I now know it could turn out to be another long wait.
:mad: :mad:
:eek:

Finally....

Finally my wife's application has been approved. Its been a long wait. 7 months since my application was approved.
:)

lc140485 said:
Congratulations, pv1976!

Hope I don't have to wait THAT long for my wife's approval though. ;)

You may dont have to wait for that long since both your applications were filed together. In my case, wife's application was filed after an year from my RD. The two applications just got drifted apart due to that. I had 2 FPs whereas she had only 1 and none were together.
You may see approval much earlier. Good luck to you.
:)

Spouse' EAD and AP not approved yet

Hi,

I filed I-140 &485 concurrently last december. My 140,EAD and AP approved but wife is yet to get approval. Please note that I filed my wife's application one week after I filed my 485.

We both received FP notices as well

Is name check has to do anything with this?

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Spouse RFE

Spouse received RFE for some documentation missed during filing. This was related to one status change for 25 days not attached.This was when I changed jobs in 2000. We have the document and are sending it over now.
If you want to avoid these delays make a complete check list clearly in your document stating from and to dates for all status changes/renewals etc. Prepare documentation clearly for 485 stage.
The officer in charge could have just looked up the machine to get this information but wants us to send this and there is a delay of 2-3 months for my spouse due to this silly mistake. :mad: