Waiting for Spouse's approval, Please post here.

Dianhuang:

Thank you for sharing your info. I hope your lawyer's prediction is correct.

what implication does seperation in adjudication suggest(or what reason cause this seperation)?

and what other venue does your lawyer suggest in addition to calling service center?

gook luck to your spouse.

Spouse I485 reopened

My spouse's I485 was finally reopened.
My I140 was denied once and reopened after the motion to reopen.
Ocasionally, spouse's I485 reopen is delayed after primary's reopen (At least 3 people, EricS, manib04 and our case)
If you are in same situation, I would suggest to fax to USCIS as the Expediate request.
Phone call is also good way, but it is very hard to reach the service center officer. In contrast, you can get a reply mail from service center in a few days after fax.
My spouse case had gone to USCIS storage facility after denial.
They pulled it back in response to my fax then reopened in 40 days.

BRFA:

what did that mail responded to your fax say? I am wondering how helpful it is to fax a request.

Thank you

Robert8 said:
BRFA:

what did that mail responded to your fax say? I am wondering how helpful it is to fax a request.

Thank you

That letter said my wife's 485 had gone to the storage. They have to pull it back and review. It will take 30-60 days.
I faxed on Monday, and got a mail on Saturday. It was a good response, surprisingly.
It took 40 days for us to be approved after the notice. manib04 also
did same things. It took only a week for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
cannot receive refingerprint letter, need help

Dear friends,
My appication for I-485 was filed on June 1, 2001. I was last
fingerprint on May 4, 2002. Please note that the my husband got
his green card 2 years ago. The last notice I received from vermont
immigration center was a year ago, which informed me to wait for
my refingerprint letter since my finerprint expaired. However, since
that there were no response. It seems my case still active. I don't
know what should I do. Please help me.
Thank you.
longlongtime

Sorry to hear such a discouraging story.

According to people here:
most venue that are availble includes:

Fax a expedite request to VSC.

call and Make enquiry to VSC.

Ask help from congressmen and/senate representing your area.

Write to Omibus?

go to VSC personally.

Talk to your lawyer first and make a plan accordingly.

Good luck to you.

An update

Taking courage, my spouse called the VSC again 3 wks after the first call. The lady was pretty upset with it. Made it sound like we were doing a big crime by calling again. She said that this number is only for emergency enquirires and we shouldnt call for regular updates. She repeated that the case was stuck becoz of name chek pending, refused to say if a request had been made to the FBI or not.

Our lawyer has started to act up too; he says we have wait at least 18 months from the date of filing to initiate any formal procedures etc. Since we had filed in nov 2004, he says we have to wait till the end of the yr to start getting concerned about the case.

We havent done any of the expedite request or fax to FBI. Any suggestions?

Anya4ever said:
Taking courage, my spouse called the VSC again 3 wks after the first call. The lady was pretty upset with it. Made it sound like we were doing a big crime by calling again. She said that this number is only for emergency enquirires and we shouldnt call for regular updates. She repeated that the case was stuck becoz of name chek pending, refused to say if a request had been made to the FBI or not.

Our lawyer has started to act up too; he says we have wait at least 18 months from the date of filing to initiate any formal procedures etc. Since we had filed in nov 2004, he says we have to wait till the end of the yr to start getting concerned about the case.

I think your spouse called to National customer center don't you?
It is no use to call them because they do not know anything. It is just like MacDonald's clerk, they would answer with their manual.
You should talk with Vermont service center.
EricS knows that in detail.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=167581

I called once too. They refuse to give me any information, I even don't don't know if I'm stuck in name check or not. I'm pretty sure I called into VSC not National center, that lady was very impatient, she refused to give me any information, just ask me to check online status. I heard VSC was nice, but it seems not always true. Just no clue, no info, nothing. :(

Anya4ever said:

I am in the same boat. Mine was Approved on 13th June, 2005.

My wife case hasn't been approved yet.

Wife:

485 ND: Nov, 2004
FP : May 11, 2005

hi everybody in this boat...my wife's 485 got approved.. Mine was approved may 11th and finally yesterday my wife 's approval email came...She called customer service on may 27th or so and started a case enquiry..seems to have helped..

so suggest have your spouse call customer service..she choose the option..if your case has been separated...something on the menu..

thanks and all the best to all

Well you are right. We did call the NSC. at 1 (800) 375-5283
Got to the case separated option and followed prompts from there. I believe that from here you get transferred to the concerned service center (VSC in our case) after you enter the application number. If anyone knows any other way to contact VSC, I'd appreciate the info.

BRFA said:
I think your spouse called to National customer center don't you?
It is no use to call them because they do not know anything. It is just like MacDonald's clerk, they would answer with their manual.
You should talk with Vermont service center.
EricS knows that in detail.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=167581

Anya4ever said:
Well you are right. We did call the NSC. at 1 (800) 375-5283
Got to the case separated option and followed prompts from there. I believe that from here you get transferred to the concerned service center (VSC in our case) after you enter the application number. If anyone knows any other way to contact VSC, I'd appreciate the info.

I reccomend to fax VSC. See my previous post.

update

For guys in this thread:

My spouse case got approved today. we didn't do anything special, just made two calls to get the info.

good luck to your spouse.

Anya4ever: after entering you case #, you press 3 to talk to the VSC representative.

Same here

Primary approved 6/16/05, nothing happened to spouse's case. Only change was after FP. Wondering why, since we got FBI mail that name check is cleared for both.

if your name check is cleared, then it should be very soon. wait for two more weeks your spouse should get approved.

My attorney just found out for me my case was stuck in name check, so now I don't know how long have to wait. srichalam: when did you send the FBI email and when did you get the response?

srichalam said:
Primary approved 6/16/05, nothing happened to spouse's case. Only change was after FP. Wondering why, since we got FBI mail that name check is cleared for both.

Thanks. Will wait for one month before talking to USCIS. I sent mail to FBI on 12/20/04 and got response 5/20/05

dianaghuang said:
if your name check is cleared, then it should be very soon. wait for two more weeks your spouse should get approved.

My attorney just found out for me my case was stuck in name check, so now I don't know how long have to wait. srichalam: when did you send the FBI email and when did you get the response?

We are STILL waiting for my husband's 485 approval.

I am the primary applicant, and my 485 was approved in December 2004, so he has been waiting for mmore than 6 months now.

We found out that his name check has been completed and the results were received by USCIS from FBI.

No idea what's causing the delay. A status inquiry resulted in the standard "The processing of your case has been delayed" letter in the mail.

Any suggestions/info ?

Thanks.
LC_Virginia.