Waiting for Spouse's approval, Please post here.

Still no news about my husband's I-485

We applied concurrently, together, on January 20, 2004. It has been 2.5 months since I got my 485 approval, but no news about his case.

We called USCIS thrice, but got no information. I guess we ended up reaching the USCIS reps instead of the more knowledgable VSC reps (someone mentioned this on one of the boards).... of course, I don't know if we have a choice when we call.

LC_Virginia said:
Still no news about my husband's I-485

We applied concurrently, together, on January 20, 2004. It has been 2.5 months since I got my 485 approval, but no news about his case.

We called USCIS thrice, but got no information. I guess we ended up reaching the USCIS reps instead of the more knowledgable VSC reps (someone mentioned this on one of the boards).... of course, I don't know if we have a choice when we call.
LC Virginia:
From looking around I found the most common reasons for this situation are:
1. FBI name checks delay
2. Missing details about status etc.
3. Medical results missing.
4. Birth certificates or such documents raised a flag.
5. Spouse attached to the primary applicant after a long gap.
6. Spouse who is working is scrutinised more than ones who are not.
7. Missing documents due to USCIS goof ups.

I guess you cannot help 1,7 above. The rest maybe a RFE waiting to happen. If it had been 2 above you would have got the RFE by now as is in my case.
This is just my two cents worth. I would not worry too much if I were you. It is just a few weeks from now to end all this.

Ask your attorney to send a certified mail to VSC. It will also help for the records in case some complication arises in the future.

wife's case;

485, RD: 05/25/2004
FP: 03/17/2005.
NO LUd change.
waiting for 485
My 485. AD: 10/22/2004.
card recived: 12/15/2005

Any update on this thread? My wife has done her FP more than 2 months back. No movement after that. See the signature.

I had sent an email to FBI regarding name check status in October 2004, and just got a reply from them this week, saying that my husband's name check was completed on April 21st, 2005

Hopefully, this means that we will see some progress.

FYI: My husband completed finger printing in October 2004.

Waiting for FBI background check

My 485 had been approved on 4/16/05, but wife's still pending. (We submitted together.) Just called VSC and a very very nice lady -- Nancy told me that my wife's case is still waiting for FBI background and she don't know how long it will take. All depend on how busy FBI is. I asked her whether USCIS had initiated my wife's name check request, and she said yes.
I sent an email inquiry to FBI some time in March, but I guess we will need to wait until June or July to get response from FBI. Will it be possible that FBI had never received the name check request from USCIS?
Thanks.

Reachsky

EB1 EA
I-140 submitted some time in July 2004
I-140 approved 10/27/04
I-485 RD 12/3/2004
I-485 AD: 4/16/05
FP 3/6/05

Waiting for FBI background check

My 485 had been approved on 4/16/05, but wife's still pending. (We submitted together.) Just called VSC and a very very nice lady -- Nancy told me that my wife's case is still waiting for FBI background and she don't know how long it will take. All depend on how busy FBI is. I asked her whether USCIS had initiated my wife's name check request, and she said yes.
I sent an email inquiry to FBI some time in March, but I guess we will need to wait until June or July to get response from FBI. Will it be possible that FBI had never received the name check request from USCIS for my wife?
Thanks.

Reachsky

EB1 EA
I-140 submitted some time in July 2004
I-140 approved 10/27/04
I-485 RD 12/3/2004
I-485 AD: 4/16/05
FP 3/6/05

In line with you all

Hi,
Just came across this forum. I am also waiting for my husband's approval. Details in the signature. To tell you the truth, reading this forum has really scared me off...My husband has had an EAD for 3yrs as a J2, and now he has his own H1. I sincerely wish that this doesnt turn out to be a long long wait. My lawyer did advice me to wait a month or so before initiating an enquiry.

Can someone tell me how to contact a rep at the VSC? Whenever we have called the 1800 no. for case status, it goes to an automated voice mail.

Thanks

call vsc

Anya4ever said:
Hi,
Just came across this forum. I am also waiting for my husband's approval. Details in the signature. To tell you the truth, reading this forum has really scared me off...My husband has had an EAD for 3yrs as a J2, and now he has his own H1. I sincerely wish that this doesnt turn out to be a long long wait. My lawyer did advice me to wait a month or so before initiating an enquiry.

Can someone tell me how to contact a rep at the VSC? Whenever we have called the 1800 no. for case status, it goes to an automated voice mail.

Thanks

I copy and paste this from another thread. Good luck.

A tip for calling the Vermont center - I found in previous thread here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A tip for calling the Vermont center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally got the VSC center

Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

If you call after VSC operating hours you will be asked to call the National Service center with this message
""there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Hope this helps!

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=156275

Reachsky

Hi PV1976

My case is also similar to yours. Please see below for details:My I-485 was approved on February 24, 2005 and I received my card in April 1st. I got married recently when my I-485 was pending and brought my spouse into the US on H4 in January 2005 and filed the I-485 (derivative) for my spouse immediately (Notice Date - Jan 24,2005) and her AP/EAd were approved in march. She hasn't got her FP yet.

Here are my questions:
=================

1. Does the long gap between my spouse's and my I-485 pose any issues? Also, until she get's her approval, she would be in I-485 adjustee status and her H4 had become invalid the day I got my GC right? Correct me if I am wrong.

2. Do they go by the ND for processing I-485 for dependents? Not sure when her case will be processed. I guess my wife's case wouldn't be affected by PD retrogression as my PD is Oct 1999, well beyonf the current PD for EB3/ India

3. When can I normally expect the FP for her?

Any thoughts on this gurus? Please help.

Wish and Pray sincerely for all those whose GC is pending for quick approval....

Thanks
TSR

================================================== ========
PD - Oct 1999
I-140 AP 07/27/2000
I-485 ND 11/07/03
EAD AD - 04/21/04
AP AD - 04/21/04
FP - 01/14/05
485 AD - 02/24/05
PP Stamped - 03/14/05
CO - 03/30/05
CR - 04/01/05

Wife's I-485 ND 01/28/2005
FP ??
AP AD - 03/15/05
EAD AD - 03/15/05 EAD returned back to VSC becos Post man didnt see
wife's name inside my mail box and didnt deliver it. how stupid!!? Requested to be re-sent on Mar 25,2005 and finally obtained it on April 22nd.
I485 AD ????

I485 refile?

My I140 and I485 were denied, and reopened after filing the motion to reopen. Afterwards both of them have been approved.
However my spouse has not reopened yet. Her status is still denial.
My lawyer says that worst way is that we may have to file her I485 again. Do anybody have this kind of experience?

Thanks reachsky

Will try it and keep you all posted

reachsky said:
I copy and paste this from another thread. Good luck.

A tip for calling the Vermont center - I found in previous thread here

A tip for calling the Vermont center

Finally got the VSC center

Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

If you call after VSC operating hours you will be asked to call the National Service center with this message
""there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Hope this helps!

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=156275

Reachsky

public assistance?

Hi Gurus,

In I-485, there is a question: "Have you received public assistance in the United States from any source, including the United States government or any
state, county, city or municipality (other than emergency medical treatment), or are you likely to receive public assistance in
the future?"

I did research on the web that the medicaid for delivering the baby and WIC should not be considered a public charge and will not impact the GC process.
When I filled out this question in I-485 for my wife, I checked NO to that question because I thought that medicaid and WIC my wife applied 8 years ago were not public charge.

I just saw a guy asked the same question to a lawyer, the lawyer said he should answer YES to that question.

I am confused. Is this the cause of the delay of my wife's I-485 approval ?
Will it cause my wife's I-485's denial?

What should I do???

Please help and share your experience. Thanks a lot!

reachsky

I-797y

I filed "expediate procedure" by FAX and mail.
my wife got a mail from USICS today. It says "$110 fee is not attached. Send a check for $110"
I did not know we had to pay $110 x2 for both primary applicant and spouse.
Everybody pays $110 each?
Or, USCIS misunderstands my "expediate procedure" is the petition for MTR itself?

hi, please count me in.

Primary 485 approved yesterday, just got the approval email, no spouse's. so I came here. We submited at the same time, do you guys know why? usually they should approve in the same time.

Anya4ever and reachsky, how's your spouse? approved or not? I think I should wait until your spouses got approved then our turn. Is it true that if spouse has a H1 visa would take longer? my spouse and I have the exactly same LUD before primary's approval. How about yours?

Hi,
I am still waiting for my spouse's approval. We did call the VSC this week tough using reachsky's tip and the rep said that they are still waiting for the security chek. They said that it might take another 60 days to process his case.

I have also heard about delays if spouse is on H1-dont know if it is the truth. We both had exactly the same LUDs till FP received and case resumed message. Our lawyer has also asked us to wait for some time to initiate enquiry....Just waiting :(
dianaghuang said:
hi, please count me in.

Primary 485 approved yesterday, just got the approval email, no spouse's. so I came here. We submited at the same time, do you guys know why? usually they should approve in the same time.

Anya4ever and reachsky, how's your spouse? approved or not? I think I should wait until your spouses got approved then our turn. Is it true that if spouse has a H1 visa would take longer? my spouse and I have the exactly same LUD before primary's approval. How about yours?

Same case here...my spouse's 485 applied together with mine and finger printing done together...My 485 was pproved may11th...while as my spouse 485 still pending..there is no update even for the fingerpriniting..called customer service and they said they will start enquiry... :(

what is the status of spouse after primary is approved

Any one has information here. does spouse automatically converted to adjustee for I485 after primary's approval?

thanks