Waiting for NIW approval after RFE at NSC?

trojanblue said:
... ...
So, why did it take so long for them to reply? It appears that the ones who got a reply to their response to RFE submitted their petition well before the deadline as opposed to 24hrs before deadline like I did. Secondly, many cases submitted between about 8/10 and 8/25 appear to have had slower responses. Maybe it had to do with the officer or may be the deadlines. We may never know that. Those who submitted prior to about 8/10 and after about 8/25 got their replies on an average of about 10-14 days going by the postings.
... ...
It's hard to say if this is true. Take my case as example. My RFE was received by NSC on 8/12 (Fri) per FedEx record. NSC didn't acknowledge this until 8/16 (Tue), which happened to be my deadline for the RFE. Then they approved my case on 8/19. --The moral of the story is, the USCIS is simply beyond any reasoning!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree

Madison04 said:
It's hard to say if this is true. Take my case as example. My RFE was received by NSC on 8/12 (Fri) per FedEx record. NSC didn't acknowledge this until 8/16 (Tue), which happened to my deadline for the RFE. Then they approved my case on 8/19. --The moral of the story is, the USCIS is simply beyond any reasoning!

That is correct. USCIS is beyond any reasoning.

As I have alluded to in my prior posts, IMHO the immigration lobbying would like it that way, because if it is black and white, then we would not need lawyers to file GCs. In Canada and I believe, in Australia too immigration is based on points. Either you have the points or you dont. In US, you have lawyers writing science opinions to be evaluated by high school graduates!!

We would be reasoning no reason until we see the pink cards!

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning both my I-140 and 485 dates changed with no status change. Is this a good or bad sign?

I-140 RFE - 8/30/05
LUD - 9/1/05
LUD - 10/19/05

Thanks.

Hi, calm down. We all hope this is good sign, but be preapred for bad all the time. Do you have attorney? If yes, NOW make sure to remind him/her to keep eye on receipt of officical letter if you do not get e-mail. I heard 2003graduation story. Make sure do not let that happen.

I am in the same boat with you even I did not see any LUD changes. I keep bother my attorney to make sure she does not forget to notice me the denial letter so that I still have hope for appeal.

Thanks. I notified my attorney. She says from the date we receive the denial notice, we have 30 days to appeal. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Goog news will coming soon

I know 4 cases including me that are still pending after REF for at least one month and half. one of them may be nearly for 3 months after ref. We should not loss hope. some of the case were approved after REF for even longer time. The good news will be coming soon. NCS

I have the same officer as graduation2003 and just like in her case, my I-140 and 485 dates have been updated without any changes to status or any e-mail. This resulted in a denial for graduation2003 with her first application, and I am pretty sure I too have bad news coming....unless a miracle occurs...

stateNIW said:
I have the same officer as graduation2003 and just like in her case, my I-140 and 485 dates have been updated without any changes to status or any e-mail. This resulted in a denial for graduation2003 with her first application, and I am pretty sure I too have bad news coming....unless a miracle occurs...

stateNIW, did your LUD change again today? Because if it is an approval, LUD might change again today....but online message would have changed to approval yesterday.

Call Your Senator for and Free Sony DSC T7 Camera for Immigrants (No Scam)

Please don't forget to call you senator for Spencer/Keneddy Bill which will progress Visa Dates. They are meeting tomorrow.

Also, This info is posted in another forum but wanted to share this to you folks. First I thought it is spams but I got my free
stuff in mail today.. Also Please Note That SIGNING UP for EFAX is the FASTEST way you can get credit BELOW and you can cancel it in 2 days without paying a penny. Dont' sign up for credit card offers as it is slow to get credit.

Listen to BBC News Clipping @
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/40101000/rm/_40101790_ipods_carver22_vi.ram

Please Read Yahoo Financial News
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050822/cgm012.html?.v=18

Now Click Here for Your Free Sony DSC T7 Camera

PS: This is not a scam…and I'm not trying to send you spam. I just thought you might like to know how I got it. If you're not interested, I'm sorry for bothering you.

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=23761802

Icarus1, you posted 7 messages on this forum with the same content directing people to click on your "referral" link. If that's not spamming, it comes pretty close. :p
Shouldn't you at least be honest and tell people the "get your free camera" link you provided really is your own referral link to help you earn credit?
I do hope your hard work pays off in the end and you get the free camera (or ipod or plasma tv) that you desire. But this kind of advertising gimmick is really nothing new and many people have done the same thing as you did including my friends. I always thought it too much trouble and way too fishy and never personally know anyone actually getting the freebies. But I'm curious to see if it really works. Please keep us posted. :)

still waiting

Do you guys have updated news recently? I am still waiting, nothing changes so far, no LUD. I will call INS earlier next month.

waiting woes continue

NIWwaiting said:
Do you guys have updated news recently? I am still waiting, nothing changes so far, no LUD. I will call INS earlier next month.

On the 60th day after they received my RFE NSC transferred my case to TSC. Now hoping TSC will be faster than NSC!! Anyway caught in the retrogression, two years or two months, who knows?!!

last year we were in the same boat.We applied both I-140 & I-485 in May 2003, After waiting for a long time we got a bad RFE in sep 2004, I submitted some evidences, we waited 8 months for some response from them. Owr lawyear could not give us any hope, So in september 2005, I applied for another NIW and got approved within 37 days.

to danna74,
How about your previous I-485? did you transfered it to your approved I-140? would you give a little bit ditail about it. I may think about to resend a I-140. Thanks.

danda74 said:
last year we were in the same boat.We applied both I-140 & I-485 in May 2003, After waiting for a long time we got a bad RFE in sep 2004, I submitted some evidences, we waited 8 months for some response from them. Owr lawyear could not give us any hope, So in september 2005, I applied for another NIW and got approved within 37 days.

Mine has been two months now, still waiting. danda74's story scared me, which really exceeds my expection, my bottom was like 2 or 3 months. Recently NSC has approved many NIWs without RFE within around 1 month, two of my friends just sent their NIW before Oct 1st, then approved in two weeks. What happened to our RFEs? are they never going to touch our cases? what do we suppose to do? I am lost.

I did call USCIS 1-800 number this morning. My RFE response is over 80 days, 140 pending since May, 2004. The guy said he would send a referral to the office (I assume NSC office), then asked me to wait for 30 days to call again if I have not get any response. I know this is useless. I already make an appoitment with local USCIS through infopass system. I also think about asking a help from senator. I will update.

I had impression from this forum. If you wait for too long time without seeing any LUD changes, they might forget to update on the system you can see. So you can go to local USCIS to check it since their system is more correct. I still worry they deny my application without a notice. By checking this, at least I would know whether I get a denial or not. It maybe totally useless. I will let you know once I get result back on Thursday.