Waiting for NIW approval after RFE at NSC?

sarasota

Registered Users (C)
From following different posts, it seems that NSC made some good progress in NIW approvals during September.

However, there are many of us who are still waiting. I am starting this thread to kind of follow how many are waiting after responding to RFE from NSC.

I140
RFE recd. 8/27/05
LUD 9/9/05

interesting question

Kasmi said:
What factors influence the gap after RFE for 140 is submitted? Is it directly related to the date of receiving of RFE at USCIS or the date they sent out the RFE? Is it related to how strong you case is? I am very confused, for many newly submitted cases were approved.

It is one of those mysteries the world will never understand?

Some things are black and white with the CIS, such as I-140 for immigrant worker petition, I-485 for adjustment of status, and the associated application fees, etc.

What happens after filing the petition only God knows. No one is sure why some petitions are approved within 10 days while others are waiting for three years. You might also see candidates with excellent qualifications are denied NIW while some mediocre ones get approved.

Since America is fond of conspiracy theories, I am putting forward another one. The whole immigration process is shroud in secrecy by AILA and its lobbying.

RFE recd on 08/26. LUD: 08/29. Then...nothing! Still waiting. Methinks this may be bad news for me.

trojanblue

The only way is to wait and be patient

I agree that no clear-cut pattern can be found in the way they work, for there are always exceptions. It is anyway unfair for people who submitted last year, for they obviously haven’t followed the “first-come-first-served” rule. The only way is to be patient and wait.

I read some cases in this forum that denial letter was either delayed or mismailed, so we could not make Appeal/MTR in time. That is what I am worried right now. My LUD has not changed since 8/11th. Because of retrogression, we do not have other options except appeal. However, if we could not make inquiry as my lawyer suggested, what we will do if they forget to mail or mismail out the decision? I know the time for Appeal/MTR is only 30 days. Do you have opioins to share?

Why?

While waiting and waiting, many things are going through the mind!! Only 7 of us in this forum that responded to RFE in August and September are waiting for approval. Many other August responders got their approval.

Certainly not all 6 have changed their residence address as me? Or is it the same officer handling all our cases?

My officer code is NSC/THS EX345

In case some of you didnt catch my posting before, my concurrently filed I-485 was transferred to TSC on 09/19/05 for "speed processing" (850-900 days!) without doing anything to I-140.

Any thoughts, anybody?

I do not change the address. I do not think the delay is caused by that. LUD on RFE only changes once saying they received. Nothing changes after that.

Guys, Still no news? My RFE response has been sent out over 60 days without any update (NO LUD also). My lawyer told me to wait at least 90 days. What you guys's lawyer say?

I called Nebraska service center and they said I need to wait for 60 days since before I call them. You can try giving them a call. Good luck!

I am waiting

Hi Guys and Gals,

NSC can approve for some people within 10 days and for some people within 10 days after their RFE, but for some of us it is more than a year for RFE and still waiting.

On the 61st day I am calling NSC and sending request to Senators and congressmen. :(

you should call

NIWwaiting said:
My lawyer suggested me to wait at least 90 days.

Congrajulations to trojanblue! S/he is one the few who has been waiting after RFE. It got approved within the 60 day period. Hopefully the rest of the approvals will follow soon!

If you look in the processing times page it says, if it more than 60 days since you responded to RFE then call the customer service.

sarasota said:
Congrajulations to trojanblue! S/he is one the few who has been waiting after RFE. It got approved within the 60 day period. Hopefully the rest of the approvals will follow soon!

If you look in the processing times page it says, if it more than 60 days since you responded to RFE then call the customer service.

Thanks! Trojanblue is a he. Anyways, it took me exactly 50 days to receive the email notification regarding my approval. As of today, my attorney still has not received the official letter. Guess it does not matter much.

I submitted my response to RFE on 8/20. The package was received by NSC and signed for on 8/22 as per FeDex notice. The system on the other hand, for some unknown reason, did not update my case status for 4 days. It was finally updated on 8/26 and it claimed that they received it on that day! My lawyer told me not to worry too much about it since we had proof that NSC had received it prior to the deadline (which was 8/23).

So, why did it take so long for them to reply? It appears that the ones who got a reply to their response to RFE submitted their petition well before the deadline as opposed to 24hrs before deadline like I did. Secondly, many cases submitted between about 8/10 and 8/25 appear to have had slower responses. Maybe it had to do with the officer or may be the deadlines. We may never know that. Those who submitted prior to about 8/10 and after about 8/25 got their replies on an average of about 10-14 days going by the postings.

So, those of you who are nervous, keep your chin up. If you submitted your response to RFE very close to deadline, it may take them some extra time if they believe that they want to get to the cases submitted a lot earlier.

Just some thoughts that come to mind.

Good luck to all of you waiting for the decision. I sincerely hope it goes your way.

trojanblue

Do you guys have any news on that? One of my friend submitted his RFE almost 3 months without any news. He sent out an inquiry one week ago, so far no news. Seems like only calling or writing to USCIS is not useful. What else we can do?