Waiting for NIW approval after RFE at NSC?

NIWwaiting said:
I had impression from this forum. If you wait for too long time without seeing any LUD changes, they might forget to update on the system you can see. So you can go to local USCIS to check it since their system is more correct. I still worry they deny my application without a notice. By checking this, at least I would know whether I get a denial or not. It maybe totally useless. I will let you know once I get result back on Thursday.

Hi, NIWwaiting, any news from your local USCIS?

I did come back from local NSCIS. I had wait for 2 hours and only spent 2 min on talking with the officer. The only I get is to know I have not been turn down yet. She has no suggestion what I should do except waiting or calling 1800. She could not place an inquiry for me.

Luchang

Hi, guys:, do you guys have news? Lu chang, did you call USCIS? 15 days after I called USCIS, I received the letter from USCIS saying my file is being processing under one officer. I do not know it is real or not. Do you guys have experience? I am nervous now. Let me just Keep my finger crossed.

Anybody has news?

I have been waiting 3 months now, LUD no change after 8/29.
How about you guys?

NIW07 said:
I have been waiting 3 months now, LUD no change after 8/29.
How about you guys?

I am wondering why you didn't call USCIS or send an inquiry by your lawyer. BTW my case was approved exact two months after RFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
My RFE was sent out 3 and half months already without any news. I did call USCIS at NOV 1, and they replied to me that my file was routing to a requested officer to review. I also sent the letter to the senator, exactly same reply. Now more than half month past, no news at all. So I am guessing they just play me. I do not know what elase I can do, call them again? Send the letter to senator again? No clue. Any suggestions?

Actually I asked help from two senators about two weeks ago, they all told me that my case is still pending, I can contact them again if no response within one or two months.
what happened to our these cases?

question

Sorry guys to hear about the pending approval.

Is it possible for the Senators to find why USCIS is not processing applications based on first come first served basis? It is really frustrating to know some people get their approval in 10 days while others are waiting for 2 years. I believe any federal organization should be answerable to Senators? Could you write to your Senators specifically to find out why your application is taking so long?

Just the "your case is pending" reply is ridiculous, because everyone knows that.

RFE4NIW said:
RFE RD:9/6; LUD: 9/7; 9/8; nothing since then...

I just received email notice from NSC that my NIW I-140 was approved today after long waiting. So, for those who are in the same boat, don't lose your hope. Everything will be fine :)

I-140 RD: 1/19/05
RFE RD: 9/7/05
I-140 AD: 12/1/05

RFE4NIW said:
I just received email notice from NSC that my NIW I-140 was approved today after long waiting. So, for those who are in the same boat, don't lose your hope. Everything will be fine :)

I-140 RD: 1/19/05
RFE RD: 9/7/05
I-140 AD: 12/1/05
COngrats !! and welcome to NSC I-485 waiting list!

Niw4rfe

Did you ever make an inquiry? I just heard from one of my friend. His NIW RFE was refused after 2 months. I am scary.

NIWwaiting said:
Did you ever make an inquiry? I just heard from one of my friend. His NIW RFE was refused after 2 months. I am scary.

No, I didn't make an inquiry. One of my friends also received his NIW approval notice on the same day. His dates (RD, RFE etc.) were close to mine. He didn't make an inquiry either. Wish you good luck.

lu chang and NIW07

Do you guys hear anything?

I did call USCIS on NOV1, and they responded to me that my file was sent to a requesting officer on NOV 9. Now I did not hear anything. My lawyer called them again yesterday, they responded to her to wait until 9th of this month since we can not make 2 inquires within one months. I do not know what I should do now.

What will you guys do? Just waiting? I am dying on this waiting. Really counting on using EAD to new job.

Nothing yet, I didn't do anything since the require is still within 30 days, hope we can have good news before the new year 2006!

Hi, Guys:
I just received email notice from NSC that my NIW I-140 was approved today after more than 3 months waiting. So, for those who are still waiting, don't lose your hope. Good news are comming.

In addition, one of my freind who had similar situation with us was also approved one day before.

I-140 RD: 10/31/05
RFE RD: 9/01/05
I-140 AD: 12/08/05

Congratulations!
any response or notice from NSC after writing them a letter? Did you see any LUD changes before the approved email?
hope we have the same luck.