Waiting Asylum decision

Could you please share your timeline from beginning. (e.g. Application submission, biometrics & interview etc.)

Also, where did you attend your interview (Chicago)?

Thanks and good luck for your case.
Would you share your ead clock status? Days are frozen and clock is running or days are accurate n clock running? Thanks!
Applied in October or November 2019
Miami office
Applied in October or November 2019
Application submission December 2019
Biometrics in February 2020
Interview (short list) June 2021

First of all i wish you and your friends get approvals but if you see most of the people get the decision faster now but it doesn’t mean anything u can wait for 1-3 years and get approval and u can wait the same amount and get referrals so it’s not guarantee!

my advice to you not to be too much optimistic and also don’t feel in negative way just live your life i have seen 4-5 folks said we have strong cases and we will get approval then they get referral as I don’t know who told you that u have strong case hmmm u might think u have strong case but the officer might think the opposite at all and sometimes one word can change everything and some times the officer give you approval then the supervisor reverse the decision and give denial and you can ask any attorney about that so don’t be too optimistic as i see and also don’t think in negative way just live your life and what happens happens cause it’s too late to change anything after the interview! Good luck for you and your friends again
Thank you! I know! Whatever happens happens. My lawyer said that it is a strong case. I continue being active and participate protests even here in the US with other people from my country

Would you share your ead clock status? Days are frozen and clock is running or days are accurate n clock running? Thanks!
I don’t know my clock status. I have EAD. It doesn’t show anything except decision is pending. I wish you all the best guys!

Thank you! I know! Whatever happens happens. My lawyer said that it is a strong case. I continue being active and participate protests even here in the US with other people from my country
The attorney can say whatever he/she wants to say in the end they just help but nothing in their hands but anyway there is no strong case unless there is a physical evidence and you can prove that it happened in your country due to your political contributions ! Or many articles in the newspapers or tv with your image indicates you’re wanted by the government not just a normal article Other than that it’s never a strong case when it comes to political asylum
Good luck

The attorney can say whatever he/she wants to say in the end they just help but nothing in their hands but anyway there is no strong case unless there is a physical evidence and you can prove that it happened in your country due to your political contributions ! Or many articles in the newspapers or tv with your image indicates you’re wanted by the government not just a normal article Other than that it’s never a strong case when it comes to political asylum
Good luck
I know there is always a chance in court or in another country. It is never the end of the story if you are strong and can handle this situation

I know there is always a chance in court or in another country. It is never the end of the story if you are strong and can handle this situation
Exactly i agree! I was just explaining the sentence i have a strong case cause 75% of the folks say that think they have strong cases most likely the officers have a different opinions than them and that’s why i said give it 50% -50% chance unless the officer gave you a signal in the interview and makes it looks like he/she completely on your side even tho they are well trained to not show any reactions to the applicants no matter if it’s
positive or negative but sometimes it could happen ‍!! Good luck again i wish you all the best and hopefully you will receive your approval soon

Totally agree This guy/girl is sick in mind forreal! Going through the asylum process without attorney like swimming in the ocean without life jacket!!! Suicide mission even if you have the strongest case ever
If you are telling lies you need one if you are honest and your case is clear with evidence you don't need it. Most people need and attorney to help them get more evidence for their lies. Don't make people in this forum to feel that without attorney you cannot succeed.

If you are telling lies you need one if you are honest and your case is clear with evidence you don't need it. Most people need and attorney to help them get more evidence for their lies. Don't make people in this forum to feel that without attorney you cannot succeed.
Looks like you’re trolling and just having a fake account so I won’t waste time arguing with you btw go check the facts 85% of asylum applicants that don’t have attorneys are referred to deportation proceedings! Sk yeah without attorney even if you have attorney 80% you will get denied for sure! It’s not about evidence you idiot it’s about how to handle the tough interview that waiting for you and btw tons of applicants get denials even with attorneys so attorneys help no body to get evidence but they prepare you for the interview! Most likely you’re either trolling or you are in the removal proceedings so you come here to spread false informations

Hi guys, i have been waiting for my asylum decision for 3yrs and 3month. i always sent inquiries and never got a response. i filed for FIOA but just got document i submitted to them. i tried ombudsman and congress man 2 times, i got an email from congressman saying USCIS MAILED MY DECISION. I checked online an it says decision was mailed. I was not able to see my case history before but now i see "your application with USCIS is still pending" I called the 800 number EAD is currently running but no days mentioned. I guess i just have to wait for the mail. I checked EOIR and no case found for my A number
Hi, have you received your decision?

Looks like you’re trolling and just having a fake account so I won’t waste time arguing with you btw go check the facts 85% of asylum applicants that don’t have attorneys are referred to deportation proceedings! Sk yeah without attorney even if you have attorney 80% you will get denied for sure! It’s not about evidence you idiot it’s about how to handle the tough interview that waiting for you and btw tons of applicants get denials even with attorneys so attorneys help no body to get evidence but they prepare you for the interview! Most likely you’re either trolling or you are in the removal proceedings so you come here to spread false informations
How weak are you and frustrated to be calling people idiot in this forum. Can't you express yourself without insulting people here ? You are a mere asylum seeker like everyone here and stop shouting as if you are an immigration judge or an attorney to people here. We are in a free country and you should drop all those bad attitude you import from your country of origin here. Who are you to call me an idiot or insult people here ? If you are angry that your asylum has not been granted go an protest. Stop your arrogance in America and respects people's opinion.

How weak are you and frustrated to be calling people idiot in this forum. Can't you express yourself without insulting people here ? You are a mere asylum seeker like everyone here and stop shouting as if you are an immigration judge or an attorney to people here. We are in a free country and you should drop all those bad attitude you import from your country of origin here. Who are you to call me an idiot or insult people here ? If you are angry that your asylum has not been granted go an protest. Stop your arrogance in America and respects people's opinion.
He seems to like working for the law office, I know at least three people who got their asylum approved without a lawyer.

Lol waiting for my asylum decision hahaha okie dokie i told ya I don’t have time to argue with you but please just stop spreading your bs And drama here! If you can’t afford attorney and have no other options then I understand that’s fine but some folks can afford it so don’t hate and go find another work

He seems to like working for the law office, I know at least three people who got their asylum approved without a lawyer.
Oh really? U know three persons got approved without an attorney??? Looks like you’re all bunch of asylum seekers or y’all have fraud cases! Dude stop your bs and go read the facts you have only 15% chance to survive without an attorney! Most of you think they have strong cases and end up crying like xxxxxx when they get referral to deportation process! Your so dumb

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh really? U know three persons got approved without an attorney??? Looks like you’re all bunch of asylum seekers or y’all have fraud cases! Dude stop your bs and go read the facts you have only 15% chance to survive without an attorney! Most of you think they have strong cases and end up crying like xxxxxxx when they get referral to deportation process! Your so dumb
Wow, you look so pissed off. Did I tell the truth to keep you from Defrauding the so-called counsel fee? $5,000 or $6,000? Shame on you!

Looks like you’re a newbie here and don’t know me! One day i was asylum seeker before i was granted asylum and im here to help and give advices for anybody who still needs it! You waiting for your decision right?? Man long story short, without attorney you can get xxxxxx up real bad! The attorney protect your rights and strength your weakness point imagine if you were forced to kidnap someone cause you were a member in political organization which makes you eligible to be granted asylum but cause you was forced for that and kidnap someone you would be denied asylum! I mean there are 80-90 laws like that we have no idea about but the attorney knows so applying for asylum without attorney is liking swimming in the ocean without having a life jacket! You might survive but most likely you will be drown especially with USCIS

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mishomasr,
Please keep the language clean. There is no need to respond to other members in a rude manner or call them names simply because their POV is different from yours.

My friend is working for a non profit organization who helps the people like refugees and asylum seekers, there are many of them who got their approval without a lawyer and only the people who were referred to the immigration court hired the lawyers with the help of the organization.

There are non profit organizations, churches, mosques and also the community people who help the asylum seekers who couldn’t afford for a lawyer. They help to fill the application and prepare the asylum seekers for the interview.

People who have life threat from their birth country file for an asylum and everyone will not have the evidences in their hands, if we do have evidences then it’s a plus and also if we do not have any evidences it’s not a harm.

There are millions of asylum seekers in the USA and only 2% of them are in this forum, we should keep that in our mind and stop comparing us with the 2%.

Guys stop ✋ fighting. Everyone comes here with a hope and get great knowledge. All of you are really knowledgeable. People who are approved, share your experience so we can do better. You guys can answer our problem, or solve the issues as we are still waiting instead of fighting each other. You all are blessed so approved.
thank you!

I finally got my referral notice yesterday, i was so frustrated but i feel better now, my hearing is Oct 11 2022, atleast i have enough time to locate a good attorney. it just hurts waiting for 3years for a decision and then boooom a referral notice.